New member introduction

jazzmessengers

Hi all,

I think this forum just opened up to me after making a certain number of posts. I registered here after falling in love with the sound of horns and the live like sound I heard when I played large symphony music like Bruckner or Mahler and 50s/60s jazz. It's the K-402 in particular that caught my eye and I'd eventually like to hear the Jubilee system. Unfortunately making the Hope meeting this year is out of the question due to work. 

My screen name is taken from one of the early 50s hard bop jazz groups "The Jazz Messengers" that drummer Art Blakey would go on to use through a few decades with various musicians.

• Like 6

Thanks very much for the welcomes all.

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the forum.  A lot of Jazz lovers here.

Where are you located?   We may be able to hook you up for a listen to Jubes sooner rather than later. 

Travis

I'm in New Hampshire, and I'm frequently in New Haven CT for lectures.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mallette said:

Welcome to the family!  I'd suggest you venture over to the "CES" thread and download a copy of the PWK "8 Cardinal Points" from my recent post there.  Every Klipsch fan should have this! 

Dave

I enjoy learning about "how we hear" (currently making my way through Floyd Toole's book) that I like to apply to my audio philosophy, so it was an interesting read. The controlled directivity of the K-402 is one reason I was really drawn to them.

I will definitely check the RTM forum, thanks for the suggestions.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jazzmessengers said:

Thanks very much for the welcomes all.

I'm in New Hampshire, and I'm frequently in New Haven CT for lectures.

Went to school in New Haven, and loved visiting New Hampshire.

I think there is a set of Jubes in New Hampshire, @Coytee has the list and I think he recently mentioned to someone that there was a pair their.  He should see this and maybe he can jump in.

Travis

• Like 1