Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Listen Now is the only studio album by 801, whose live debut was released in November 1976. For this release, the group was officially billed as "Phil Manzanera/801

In 1977, hoping to capitalise on the success of 801 Live, a revised version of 801 (now known as Phil Manzanera/801) recorded and released a studio album with additional collaborating musicians including Kevin Godley and Lol Creme of 10cc, and Tim Finn and Eddie Rayner of Split Enz. The album is mainly the work of Phil Manzanera and Bill MacCormick, with contributions from Francis Monkman, Simon Phillips and Brian Eno.

manzanerakleiner.thumb.jpg.9668d528db810525833fc8159558ab4d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I held this one in my hand in the record shop and hesitated a lot and finally put it back. Thought the asking price, 27 euro used, was too much. Seller said it was worth tripple that amount. I checked on discogs and he might be right. Love the music on it. 

Kenny Burrell with John Coltrane. Recorded in 1958, album release 1962.

PSX_20221216_164752.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

53 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I held this one in my hand in the record shop and hesitated a lot and finally put it back. Thought the asking price, 27 euro used, was too much. Seller said it was worth tripple that amount. I checked on discogs and he might be right. Love the music on it. 

Kenny Burrell with John Coltrane. Recorded in 1958, album release 1962.

PSX_20221216_164752.jpg

The guys in the record stores always know what´s the values of their vinyl stocks . Buy as cd and it´s fine like you did with all the Steely Dan´s last week .

I got that one as Reissue from the obove origin which was 1956 recorded at Van Gelder Studios

burell.jpg.6a776b9cb1c0b6ac5ef7869770063023.jpg

talking about Kenny Burrel as Solo Artist ..

that´s a must have !

Kenny1.thumb.jpg.d0c14047e32ab1259834b4ebe7802b1a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Washing LPs, spinning:

IMG_2584.jpg.0651cf5803309b37c82834c12f8bd7a8.jpg

In my opinion, this is the best live hard rock album ever! When I was 16, a friend gave me a copy on a cassette tape. It inspired me to write my first short stories. In trance, Dark Lady and Fly to the Rainbow... Good memories! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

In my opinion, this is the best live hard rock album ever! When I was 16, a friend gave me a copy on a cassette tape. It inspired me to write my first short stories. In trance, Dark Lady and Fly to the Rainbow... Good memories! 

All I´ve owned up to now is a greatest hits collection. This is very different, many songs you don´t hear very often these days and I didn´t know. It´s the same with Whitesnake, all I know is their stuff from the end of the 80´s, when they were almost done being productive... So I´m widening my horizonts here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

All I´ve owned up to now is a greatest hits collection. This is very different, many songs you don´t hear very often these days and I didn´t know. It´s the same with Whitesnake, all I know is their stuff from the end of the 80´s, when they were almost done being productive... So I´m widening my horizonts here.

Tokyo Tapes is from the 1970s, when both Schenker brothers were still in the band. Two great guitar players!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1