Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

André ....It looks like you are not only addicted to vinyl fever but now also to dual fever. Isn't that a beautiful disease ? 😂

Well, truth be told, I didn´t want a belt-drive... But I could get this chassis cheap, had the plinth custom made and a hood is on the way.

This one sounds absolutely great! Now I know for sure somethings amiss with the arm of the 1218... I already have a spare here. I want to change the cables in the arm and swith the 1218 to cinch-plugs. I´m also thinking of having a nwe plinth for that one too.

• Like 2

I've been ill for 3 or 4 weeks now (bronchitis) and and since yesterday, l'm feeling even more terrible, so today I went to the doctor, again, and now I'm testing positive for influenza... 

So while going for meds - I also dropped in at the record shop wearing a clinical mask and traded a gift coupon my lovely wife gave me for Christmas. See below. Now I can get better listening to good music. If my skull splitting headaches back off a bit... 

PSX_20221227_115734.jpg

PSX_20221227_120029.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

@MeloManiac  get well soon, we had a flu pandemic here in germany as well , close to 10 Mio. people were infected a couple of weeks ago , when headache is gone try to listen to your new bought vinyl . Steely Dan Life must be a real good one. BTW your Steely Dan Thread in the Lounge section infected me as well , completed my collection a little bit 😉

716465493_dancollection1.thumb.jpg.3f5b0d973d29507fc517a5e4480e3a3f.jpg

• Like 5

I enjoy my work off time and spinning some music today . 3 degrees celsius here only , a little bit sunny but more cloudy .

Journey to Love is the third solo album by jazz fusion bassist Stanley Clarke , 1975 , AM Records, Printed in USA

This record contians a tribute to John Coltrane ( Track 4 side A & Track 1 side B ) This production featured :

• Stanley Clarke – bass guitar, double bass, organ, piccollo bass, bells, gong, vocals
  • Chick Korea – piano
  • George Duke – keyboards, bells, vocals
  • Jeff Beck– electric guitar
  • John McLoughlin – acoustic guitar
  • Steve Gadd– drums, percussion
  • Lenny White  – drums   and lot´s of other famouse musicians

clarke1.thumb.jpg.982a0c758e1ad9fc128278c0ccf530a6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Mysterious Traveller is the fourth studio album by the jazz ensemble Weather Report and was released in 1974. This was their final recording with founding bassist Miroslav Vitouš, who left due to creative differences. Vitouš was replaced by Alphonso Johnson. Another addition to the line-up is drummer Ishmael Wilburn. Greg Errico was the drummer for the tour between the previously released Sweetnighter and this album, but declined an invitation to be a permanent member of the band.

The record is the band's first that predominantly uses electric bass and incorporates liberal uses of funk, R&B grooves, and rock that would later be hallmarked as the band's "signature" sound. Also, the more restricted compositional format became evident on this album, replacing the more "open improvisation" formats used on the first three albums. It was voted as the album of the year by the readers of DownBeat for 1974, garnering Weather Report's second overall win in that category, also garnering a five-star review from that publication along the way. The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings included the album in its suggested “core collection” of essential recordings.The album peaked at number 2 in the Billboard Jazz Albums chart.

weatherreport1.thumb.jpg.b8cf52167dd6bd5b9adbf040912fd1ef.jpg

• Like 3

Picked up a new turn table last month & have been waiting 6 BLOODY weeks for the cart to be made, quote;(specially made just for me), bullshit. The sales rep. should be selling cars instead of audio equipment.

Just like Don Fanucci @ 345

https://www.google.com/search?q=Genco+%26+Vito+at+the+play+house+in+the+movie+godfather+2&source=lmns&tbm=vid&bih=650&biw=1280&rlz=1C1FHFK_enUS974US974&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj69raCmJr8AhUvrXIEHUM-DHcQ_AUoA3oECAEQAw#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a72e2b47,vid:5r-5HF_R8C4

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Mysterious Traveller is the fourth studio album by the jazz ensemble Weather Report

@MicroMaraBrings back fond memories...I saw Weather Report open for an Earth, Wind and Fire concert; Rhode Island Civic Center, 1975...RTF; Still my favorite concert, and a band that fits well with the Weather Report and the Stanley Clarke album genre, Also belongs on “core collection of essential recordings" IMO...BTW beautiful TT setup!

RomanticWarrior.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KROCK said:

Picked up a new turn table last month & have been waiting 6 BLOODY weeks for the cart to be made, quote;(specially made just for me), bullshit. The sales rep. should be selling cars instead of audio equipment.

Just like Don Fanucci @ 345

https://www.google.com/search?q=Genco+%26+Vito+at+the+play+house+in+the+movie+godfather+2&source=lmns&tbm=vid&bih=650&biw=1280&rlz=1C1FHFK_enUS974US974&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj69raCmJr8AhUvrXIEHUM-DHcQ_AUoA3oECAEQAw#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a72e2b47,vid:5r-5HF_R8C4

Word play ahead Krock 🤘🤪😎

What a load of crock from the salesman 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KROCK said:

Picked up a new turn table last month & have been waiting 6 BLOODY weeks for the cart to be made

When I bought my iFi Zen Phono amp, I had a similar bad experience with a malafide Dutch webside audio dealer. The amp was 'in stock' but as soon as I had paid, I received a message that it was no longer in stock and if I was willing to wait some weeks until back in stock. I declined, and lucky for me, they paid back instantly. 

I suspect there are 'virtual' shops on the internet with no stock at all. As soon as they sell an item, they start looking for it elsewhere, which may take a while, until they find it cheaper and make a profit. It's their business model... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2