Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

You still do it's your only turntable

That works... Must be still waiting for that specially made for you cartridge to come in..

Still. It's in Scotland;

Your Cartridge arrived at the UK distributor in Scotland last week. It has been dispatched to us to dispatch to you. We are just waiting for it to arrive here delayed by the Christmas Holiday. So we are nearly there!

Bla Bla Bla!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Still. It's in Scotland;

Your Cartridge arrived at the UK distributor in Scotland last week. It has been dispatched to us to dispatch to you. We are just waiting for it to arrive here delayed by the Christmas Holiday. So we are nearly there!

Bla Bla Bla!

b248b9edf5b49a0cd6c28fd6fdae3828.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Time is early evening and it’s time to spin a couple of 

Jon Anderson LPs

Olias Of Sunhillow and Song Of Heaven 

Next time I will spin more Jon Anderson solo and collaboration LPs 

0-CE4-BE07-EDB4-4-C82-B156-E8-C2922-B18-

And I’m sipping a nice coffee I just freshly made while listening 

I also roasted the beans 

5-E4-C1985-7-F02-4140-B024-9-B79-B7-E909

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I have a question about new classic jazz albums. I was looking into Kenny Burrell's Midnight Blue on Amazon (Europe), and they listed several versions, all with different prices (and sellers, I guess). Of course, this is great music, but the user reviews were a mixed bag. Some buyers were complaining about the bad quality of some pressings. In fact, Amazon's review system throws all the user reviews together, whether it was a CD, an LP etc.

Then I noticed in the details of the different LPs that they had a different record label. One user complained that it was obvious that his pressing was a bad copy ripped from some CD. 

How can this be? Are these illegal copies, or is this music 'licensed' to whatever distributer?

image.png.014b5b3cda1f2e0f9b5cc3f20ac392dc.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

I have a question about new classic jazz albums. I was looking into Kenny Burrell's Midnight Blue on Amazon (Europe), and they listed several versions, all with different prices (and sellers, I guess). Of course, this is great music, but the user reviews were a mixed bag. Some buyers were complaining about the bad quality of some pressings. In fact, Amazon's review system throws all the user reviews together, whether it was a CD, an LP etc.

Then I noticed in the details of the different LPs that they had a different record label. One user complained that it was obvious that his pressing was a bad copy ripped from some CD. 

How can this be? Are these illegal copies, or is this music 'licensed' to whatever distributer?

Beware of these DELUXE Editions . The origin Rudy van Gelder Studio Productions from Blue Note Label have a number Blue Note ST-84123  on CD as on Vinyl , made a pic for you ...

CD

KB.thumb.jpg.bc8b0481c40808321d0d38921137d310.jpg

Vinyl backside

KB2.thumb.jpg.7e536d9077978ee5df42b18d051429c7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Beware of these DELUXE Editions . The origin Rudy van Gelder Studio Productions from Blue Note Label have a number Blue Note ST-84123  on CD as on Vinyl , made a pic for you ...

CD

KB.thumb.jpg.bc8b0481c40808321d0d38921137d310.jpg

Vinyl backside

KB2.thumb.jpg.7e536d9077978ee5df42b18d051429c7.jpg

My recently purchased lp of 'Waltz for Debby' is from the WaxTime Label. Apparently, a Spanish company releasing a lot of 'classic' jazz albums for a cheap price. The one I own is actually a well sounding lp. They also bring out a lot of color vinyl albums, and the quality of those is much less. They sell through mail order and supermarket chains. Apparently, they sell albums that are, in Europe, in the public domain.

On the album, there is a logo that says: DMM: direct metal mastering, which says nothing about the source that was used, naturally.

My other recent purchase, Maiden Voyage, is a genuine Blue Note album!

PSX_20221230_175306.jpg

PSX_20221230_175403.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I have a Blue Note RE - US 2005 in mono of this release 

It is excellent 

https://www.discogs.com/release/11948419-Kenny-Burrell-Midnight-Blue

But they say that this release is brilliant - if you have the $$$

https://www.discogs.com/release/13393479-Kenny-Burrell-Midnight-Blue

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

OK it’s New Years Eve and the back door neighbour is pumping out some heavy bass

No it’s not what you think - I like bass but let the song finish ! not stop start for hours ( all day long ) 

Well I have the solution to that  

Start up my system and enjoy the music I love ❤️ 

It’s been a great long Prog session that will finish in a couple of hours 

Its all Genesis and King Crimson 

A6-CC98-AB-40-AF-4-D71-A1-D1-E194-DB9921

2-A8288-DE-971-A-48-DB-B833-8-CFABE5-B78

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I know everyone is probably sleeping in the dark side of the earth but However I started New Years day with music ( just as I finished yesterday) 

This post will span the whole day to welcome in the the New Year

Morning listening session 

8548689-E-43-D2-4-AFD-8663-4-BEDC289-FF9

Lunchtime listening session ( Including a Fat Yak pale ale beer ) 

421619-D5-C40-F-4-E97-9-A0-E-BB9588455-D

Evening listening session 

E2-DE5471-63-D5-4-A21-9999-B8-FE3-F22299

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2