Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 12/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, JohnJ said:

Hope you'll try some of their earlier stuff! Priest were very close to a heavy progressive rock band at that time. The emotion conveyed by their more calm, quiet (almost) songs is impressive. Along with Rob's impressive falsetto.

@JohnJ John, I´m just listening to Rocka Rolla. Were You referring to this LP, for example? I think the B side especially seems to fit to what You say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

And now for something completely different:

IMG_2641jpg.jpg.26b912e87152ac781e65b73a4173232c.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/de/master/211611-Various-Funk-You

I like this 80´s stuff and I´m greatful to a member on the Dual Board who pointed me towards this.

I do remember to have some of their earliest albums somewhere in my collection ..I must have a look ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have resolved the following things for the New Year ...

1. I bought a new record cleaning machine ...

schallplatten-reinigen-300x200.jpg.9825bea51ce0aafe7d68e380db154812.jpg

2.  I  will teach my cat how to scratch

catscratch.gif.45b5bb9cbb9eac347adad636ff560660.gif

3. I will play more records this year , at least 2023

2037227071_vinyl2023.gif.28371377ec7624ca95556b9f9aa03c1d.gif

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

@JohnJ John, I´m just listening to Rocka Rolla. Were You referring to this LP, for example? I think the B side especially seems to fit to what You say.

Like that one... my kind of dancin' music a la UFO!

Winter/Deep Freeze, Dying to Meet You fit with what I meant.

The Sad Wings of Destiny release might just be my favorite of theirs!

Just so different from their 80s onward power chord, hair band rock... though I like that too!

Saw them prior to 1980 twice and they were awesome in every sense of the word!

• Like 5

On 12/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, MeloManiac said:

My recently purchased lp of 'Waltz for Debby' is from the WaxTime Label. Apparently, a Spanish company releasing a lot of 'classic' jazz albums for a cheap price. The one I own is actually a well sounding lp. They also bring out a lot of color vinyl albums, and the quality of those is much less. They sell through mail order and supermarket chains. Apparently, they sell albums that are, in Europe, in the public domain.

On the album, there is a logo that says: DMM: direct metal mastering, which says nothing about the source that was used, naturally.

My other recent purchase, Maiden Voyage, is a genuine Blue Note album!

PSX_20221230_175306.jpg

PSX_20221230_175403.jpg

Good evening everyone, good morning Paul !  First off, Happy New Year to all, 🍷  🍸  :emotion-22:and it is the 7th day of Christmas (8th for Paul), so, merry, merry 🌲  :emotion-51:.

As I was reading through the comments from yesterday, I ran to take a look at all my RE-released Bill Evans LPs.  They are all on OJC / Riverside labels.  I think that is a good thing.  They sound very good.

Ok, all from here for now.  I hope to join in with more vinyl spinning this new year.  See you all soon!  :emotion-29:  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A Tribute to Jimi Hendrix played by Jeff Cooper and the stoned Wings / 1971 / Europa Label / Printed in Germany

It´s not Jimi himselfe ...but really worth to listen to , the sound quality is top for that year of production

Jeff1.thumb.jpg.eae712c8b60cb16e5e019c8d9e67fbfb.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1