Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Getting caught up reading in here is always a trip but MUSTARD?  I'd have to try it before I packed up my gear.  Hard to quit the Heineken after 50 years.  Sounds good though.  Maybe just maybe.  :)

Wait, hold my mustard infused beer while I get my calculator up.  :) 

Get me in on a work visa til winter next year.  That sounds like some serious money for sittin in a 5 gallon bucket directing traffic.  😂   Sure I could!    :)

Boxes are ALWAYS a good thing!  Right price?  hahaha  He's gonna tag you for something down the road to "get even."  lol  Maybe he won't but I know I pay to play.  He'll get to drag it all out someday so you'll be getting "even" and he gets the lp's back and more.  Wise beyond his years.  lol  I just sit and shake my head here looking around.  Imma gonna get both mah girls reaaaaaal good.  :)

BTW, stop posting pics of that table!  Between you and Mike it's gonna be tough looking at your plays.  That thing is truly a 'hunka burnin love!"   I want!  lol   :)

33 hrs now on the cart now & the sound is getting better. Just one more spin & it's just for you Dave.

20230115_133848.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Purdy AND sounds good!  Tough to find.   :)

Yep, ripped a pretty hole into my wallet. But it is a serviced unit. I´ve been pacing around it for a year now and finally pulled the trigger. Next I have to build more shelves to put it in, next to the two TTs that will connect to it.

The guy who sold it also had a serviced Model 650 for sale, but that would have been 1.800€... Also interesting was a Optonica SM4646. Well, the Kenwood won, with it´s coolness-factor.

Now spinning:  

IMG_2687.jpg.47fc20b8b3e8a5c445dd1eb6b0cdf648.jpg

Using the "shuffle function" by Discogs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@Andre well you just keep shufflin right along.  Good lp to shuffle on!  I'm thinking about warming up the house a bit w/some added gas.  Torn btwn watching the NFL playoffs and crankin up some tunes.  Maybe it's time to mute the TV and crank it up?  Yup, it's goin down.  Just.  Like.  That!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Once in a while ya have to take the new technology and go back a few years.  Sometimes ya find that guy who's always been left there on the shelf for years.  Nice to put your feet up and relax right outta the box.  Me thinks that $40 is a bit steep but look at it this way.  It wasn't really a killer album then but over the years he's finally starting to get some recognition for a great career feeding the machine.    :)

Boz Scaggs is the second studio album by American musician Boz Scaggs, released in 1969 by Atlantic Records.[a] A stylistically diverse album, Boz Scaggs incorporates several genres, including Americana, blue-eyed soul, country, and rhythm and blues. The lyrics are about typical themes found in blues songs, such as love, regret, guilt, and loss. Scaggs recorded the album at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio with producer Jann Wenner, the co-founder of Rolling Stone magazine. The Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section heavily contributed to the album, which included a young Duane Allman, before his rise to fame with the Allman Brothers Band.

20230115-163335.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Yes, almost like new. Have You heard of Good Old HiFi ?

They revise all kind of vintage gear as far as I know .Of course I love vintage gear , this one was a hammer amp , let me finish the KG 3.5 revision and in a few months the two will be married in Berlin   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

They revise all kind of vintage gear as far as I know .Of course I love vintage gear , this one was a hammer amp , let me finish the KG 3.5 revision and in a few months the two will be married in Berlin   😂

I need a loan!!! 😰

The combo KA8150 - Dual 601 - Heresy sounds really good, better than with the Marantz. I guess the phono stages in the Kenwood are better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I need a loan!!! 😰

The combo KA8150 - Dual 601 - Heresy sounds really good, better than with the Marantz. I guess the phono stages in the Kenwood are better.

No doubts Andre´..It was clear for me anyway , your Marantz is an entry level amp , the KA 8150 was a Top Class amp .

About the  KG 3.5 ....be patience we have time ....the year just started , after I finished the project I want to keep them anyway for a couple of month . I am curious how they will sound after the revision , will be ready till end of this week !

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

About the  KG 3.5 ....be patience we have time ....the year just started , after I finished the project I want to keep them anyway for a couple of month . I am curious how they will sound after the revision , will be ready till end of this week !

I followed Your thread, very interesting! I`m looking forward to Your report on how they turned out in the end. You KG 3.5.1 EVO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1