Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Yeah my LP has it but the cd doesn't! It's got pages of stories that require magnification.

It struck me how you posted "Plynth.." in that sink thread and that was running through my head for a couple days right at that time last week!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Yeah my LP has it but the cd doesn't! It's got pages of stories that require magnification.

It struck me how you posted "Plynth.." in that sink thread and that was running through my head for a couple days right at that time last week!

Yes little did I know that Beck had passed at that time when posted on same day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@AndreG.I need a phono-pre for the Marantz.

I'm running a Schiit Mani for a phono pre and it rocks.   Eyeball it on youtube.  $150 and it works great.  Next up will be a Puffin me thinks.  I'll ship it to ya and you can send me beer!  lol

B-52's and album art?  Can I get back to ya on that guys?   :)

Jeff Beck is a mind wrecker.  His stuff, and everyone else's stuff he's worked on?  The pile would be HUGE so it's a tough call for me.  Just another pile right?l  I'm looking at 6 rn.  Time to spin today and shove lp's I guess.  Ugh!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@AndreG.I need a phono-pre for the Marantz.

I'm running a Schiit Mani for a phono pre and it rocks.   Eyeball it on youtube.  $150 and it works great.  Next up will be a Puffin me thinks.  I'll ship it to ya and you can send me beer!  lol

B-52's and album art?  Can I get back to ya on that guys?   :)

Jeff Beck is a mind wrecker.  His stuff, and everyone else's stuff he's worked on?  The pile would be HUGE so it's a tough call for me.  Just another pile right?l  I'm looking at 6 rn.  Time to spin today and shove lp's I guess.  Ugh!

I use the iFi Phono Zen, which is €199.

(Used to be €149)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I´d need a cinch cable approximately 3m long. Good idea? (Shielding/ interference...??) Your ideas guys?

just a quick chim´in  to help you André

994894230_cinch1.thumb.jpg.f57605996f5e2cba770ed27ba61827bf.jpg

Twisted cable is shown above , b string to the + pole ( t) , w string is connected with s = shield , the two vertical lines ( red marked ) showing a 1 pf cap against high frequency distortions , but it´s an option and not needed for phono .

1365476219_Albedo.thumb.jpg.52baabf42f4c54eb8e5d69f43d01a02c.jpg

the Albedo is approx, 8 € per running meter ! a very good phono cable , you can buy at ebay germany

also you should buy RCA Plugs from Neutrik " Model Rean "

If you need more information about DIY Audiocables ..

Neutrik Rean .jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks George, had totaly lost track of the fact that make cable yourself. I have been thinking of making power-cords before, I did make my own speaker cables, but they don´t look as good as Yours... RCA I want to use to connect my CD player to the Kenwood. Phono cables are an option for later, when other things are done, I need space first, shelves!! 😉

• Like 6

On 1/18/2023 at 4:43 PM, mustang_flht said:

Hi,

For my part, I did the sales at LMLR / Culture Factory    https://culturefactory.fr/

It's crazy, how I like these covers with beautiful cars from the 50s/60s, the Jazzmen had/have good taste

1224111537_LMLR1.thumb.JPG.b00625c2b923168441080419cbc3d16c.JPG

☺️

Hi,

by the way I forgot to ask: I don't know if @MicroMara knows this artist from her country, she made the green disc on my photo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutta_Hipp

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/25156516-Jutta-Hipp-With-Zoot-Sims-Jutta-Hipp-With-Zoot-Sims

☺️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi,

by the way I forgot to ask: I don't know if @MicroMara knows this artist from her country, she made the green disc on my photo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jutta_Hipp

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/25156516-Jutta-Hipp-With-Zoot-Sims-Jutta-Hipp-With-Zoot-Sims

☺️

An unknown female jazz pianist for me , can imagine that it was quiet difficult to play her jazz music while the nazis ruled germany. Jazz was a forbidden genre at that time.  So she left the country like Alfred Lion & Francis Wolff the founder of the famouse BlueNote Lable in NY, finally they contracted her to record some of her amazing jazz music. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3