Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Islander  Same w/fake butter.  My cardiologist has been up thru my femoral  a few times and early on he asked if I used butter or some spread.  I told him I'd never had anything but butter and he said he could tell when he was slippin up in there. 

Kraft is garbage.  If it's not a dairy cheese I won't buy it simple.  THEN it depends on who OWNS the dairy.  lol  Someone has some grilled cheese places, think it's  called The Cheese factory or something like that.  Ppl just rave about the place and spend like 10-12 for a grilled cheese.  It ain't rocket science it's just a REAL cheese sammich w/good bread.   Kills it EVERY time!  lol

I got tired of the temperature sensitivity of butter a long time ago:  "It's too hard!"  "Then leave it out, but not for too long.", and so on, so I switched to Becel Margarine.  Looks like butter, and always spreadable.  Then they got the Olive Oil variety, and that lets me enjoy the flavour while thinking that it's some kind of health food, and it might even be. 

Best wishes for good results any time in the future that you might have circulation issues.  I grumble about my cold feet, but that's about it, so I grumble very quietly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Islander Grilled cheese takes a bit of planning.  Give it time to soften up, butter the bread then throw it down.  If it's hard I just hack some off toss it in the skillet and smear it around then toss the bread on.  Not gonna burn anyway and ya just eat it.  😂

Hard slices same deal.  Ya know where ya put it so ya try to take half a bite of the butter slice.  The trick is remembering where it is on the bread when ya chomp down on that sammich.  lol  i'm not picky it's just food but I love a good challenge!  😂   

• Haha 2

@Full Range I have zero clue as to what "haloumi" cheese is but I'll keep an eye out for it sometime when I take a stroll thru some high dollar meat/chese place.  Then I'll give it a try.  Watermelon is killer anytime over here.  Coupled with a grilled cheese is novel too.  the down side of this is I can't remember, which I like better marmite or vegemite.  It's been a minute for any of that.  lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full Range I have zero clue as to what "haloumi" cheese is but I'll keep an eye out for it sometime when I take a stroll thru some high dollar meat/chese place.  Then I'll give it a try.  Watermelon is killer anytime over here.  Coupled with a grilled cheese is novel too.  the down side of this is I can't remember, which I like better marmite or vegemite.  It's been a minute for any of that.  lol

Haloumi cheese was first made in Cyprus and the Middle East 

It is actually kneaded like bread and can be squeaky when eaten fresh but grilled or fried is mana from heaven 

Ohh and one can make it at home in the kitchen if you are inclined to do so 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Haloumi cheese was first made in Cyprus and the Middle East 

It is actually kneaded like bread and can be squeaky when eaten fresh but grilled or fried is mana from heaven 

Haloumi  type cheese is traditional Phoenician  cheese , it was  brought by the Phoenicians to Cyprus around 800 BCE     the name Halloumi goes back to the Maronite language ,  who's  country of birth is  ancient Phoenicia 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Haloumi  type cheese is traditional Phoenician  cheese , it was  brought by the Phoenicians to Cyprus around 800 BCE     the name Halloumi goes back to the Maronite language ,  who's  country of birth is  ancient Phoenicia 

I used to work with a Phoenician guy.  Yes, they're still around.  He was from Malta, where many Phoenicians still live.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MicroMara said:

so buddies ...last spin for today with Mike Oldfield´s Tubular Bells

MOTubullarBells.thumb.jpg.04341d4aab17d6253fa0ce599f1235ca.jpg

George - I have it on good audiophile authority from someone that has 10+ different releases that the 50th anniversary vinyl is the best version released so far 

I have it on the short list to get it soon 

https://www.discogs.com/release/27186831-Mike-Oldfield-Tubular-Bells-

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not bad George, not bad at all.  😂

Loading up the grill tomorrow w/t-bones and rib eyes so that should be interesting.  Took the easy way out w/some mac n cheese for the kids.  Keepin it simple cause it'll be an eat n run I'm sure.  I'll be eating well for the next couple days.  Who knows who might stop tomorrow though.  Gonna blow the neighbors away for sure.  It's time.  :)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, AndreG. said:

We need a "Yummy Smiley", don´t you think? 😋

I'm confused enough on this machine already.  😂😂

7:30AM around here, all quiet but since it's Independence Day here in the US everyone will be celebrating.  Just had a revelation over coffee.  Something I just thought of but it's more appropriate over in the Cables, Coffee, Cocktails thread.  So if you want to drink my Kool-Aid slip on in.  😂  Gotta get that thread up to par again.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The surprise LP has just arrived 

This is a Limited Edition picture disc 

Artist - Tool

Title - Lateralus 

Tool is a band well known for the amount of thought they put into their songs, and Lateralus is no exception. Based on the golden ratio and the Fibonacci sequence, this song provides the listener with both thought provoking, spiritual lyrics and layers of complexity that as you discover them only add to the appreciation you can have for the complete work. A work that fans tend to describe as brilliant, and the vocalist and lyricist

IMG-4451.jpg

The most obvious and easily decipherable part of the song, Maynard James Keenan sings in a familiar voice. In fact, he begins the vocal track at 1:37, which when rearranged, is 13:7. 13 being the 7th number of the Fibonacci sequence. When 1:37 is converted to a decimal, it is 1.618 minutes, or the golden ratio. In each verse the word count also ascends and descends the Fibonacci sequence. The first verse is repeated before the second verse is sung to make the sequence 1, 1, 2. Beneath this overarching sequencing however are much simpler references that can be picked out without searching for the meaning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am offering tips on how to clean and treat picture discs to reduce or alleviate noisy playback - by PM only

If I post it up in the general public domain, to many people will chime in with opinions and a war of words may erupt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

it´s 8.35 pm here and I´m too tired to listen to some music at all , had a long hard working day left behind me , beeing awake since 5.15 am , laying on the chouch and will not move . Think I´ll go a sleept within a couple of minutes , see you at the weekend ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2