Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Well congratulations you old curmudgeon!  I was snickering just a tad but I knew you were gonna step up that game in due time!  Gotta be killin it at your place now!  How's she sound cause we all know you were werkin w/George on the build and takin notes from the rest of us.  hahaha  I'm happy as schiit for ya brother ^5's  ya!  Welcome Home!  PWK's prolly grinnin too btw.  :)

• Like 1

Ok, now that I've seen the rest of the scroll I'll throw this in for ya @AndreG.  Prolly 5-6 years ago I picked up a pair of 4.5's for I think for 300 w/200 shipping also in ash black.  Posted a couple pics cause I picked them up at auction and wondered what they were since the tags didn't show in the o/l pics.  Some of the guys chipped in with their thoughts but we really weren't sure til I got them.  TBH I didn't have space in here w/my LS and Heresy so they've taken up residence in my garage w/a lil 100w Yahama receiver and cheapo CD player.  Those things ROCK!  I sit outside and have it cranked a bit w/a CD in and turn heads when the neighbors walk by and hear it.  A few have even stopped to listen.  If they only knew what I had inside.  hahaha  You're gonna love 'em brother cause they cook!

Let's see...  Bottoms...  Hey @001 what's your take on bottom speakers for 'em.  Give the man the skinny.  Klipsch parts shipped to Germany???   Or???  The other thing you can do is a WTB the bottoms over in the garage sale section.  Cross your fingers but ya never know in here.  Someone might have a pair laying around that will ship to ya.  They might even trade ya one of those 17 turntables you have sittin around.  😂  😂   😂  I HAD too!  :)

• Haha 3

@AndreG maybe we're related?  You grab a pair of LS and go thru them and you're gonna have the same Klipsch gear as I do.  In the meantime keep workin on that lp collection cause I wanna see your line array when it's done.  lol

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KROCK said:

If it were an Apple product, what would they call it? "ISpin" or "ITurn", or wait: "MacTable" – no, wait that was the other thing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@AndreG.  sorry for of topic in this thread now , but we need to solve some problems here

Moinsens André ,open the speaker and check out which woofer ( model & branch ) is installed instead of the K 1005 K  , I think that this one sounds different because he doesn´t fit the needed x-over values or there is a problem with the old resisiors or caps after 30 years in the x-over network, the coils should be okay.  I had the same issues with my KG´s 3.5 last winter . It might be neccessary to solder new ones inside. About the not origin spikes ....you may remember that you installed the Dynavoxx under your RF´3´s , so why don´t you consider the same with the KG 4.5´s ?

Here is the x-over schematic for the KG 4.5

X-OverKG4.5Crites.jpg.642069a7718ab1899b088b33aeed60dd.jpg

These´re my first quick ideas so far ...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MicroMara said:

you may remember that you installed the Dynavoxx under your RF´3´s , so why don´t you consider the same with the KG 4.5´s ?

Way ahead of you George, that will be the first "tuning" I´ll do. I´m also pretty sure the woofer "doesn´t fit in". I only notice the difference when I go close to the cabinet. I´m planing to get a replacement, if I can find one. I found a K-1001-K on Ebay. That was supposedly pulled from a KG4.5, but per specs it was originaly installed in the 4.2. I contacted Chief Bonehead (Roy Delgado) if the two are interchangeable. Maybe He will find the time to answer.

Also I plan to get titanium diaphragms for the tweeters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

These´re my first quick ideas so far ...

Scares me!  😂

@AndreG.  Yes Sir brother, nothing like going right to the top of the food chain in a nano second.  Ya get @Chief bonehead in here it's gonna get pricey.  About the only thing that might draw his interest is the fact we're just a gaggle of red-headed step-brothers in here and he's always been a bonehead.  Never know though.  We could see a unicorn magically appear!   :)    

• Haha 4

Na, I´m not to worried about it, just want to know if K-1001/1005-k can be interchanged, or not. Though I wonder, what does the Chief spin...? The Black or the Silver? I say He´s old fashioned, black with tubes and Jubs.

Pricey? You think He´s got an NOS k-1005-k up his sleeve?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Just reserved for 3 tickets to the Eagles concert.

Time to get off that gold card huh?  Thank me later cause they're gonna kill it fo sure!  NYC?  BOOM!

12 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Na, I´m not to worried about it, just want to know if K-1001/1005-k can be interchanged, or not. Though I wonder, what does the Chief spin...? The Black or the Silver? I say He´s old fashioned, black with tubes and Jubs.

Pricey? You think He´s got an NOS k-1005-k up his sleeve?

He might just leave it all there when he walks outta the office like most people.  I would.  He's more than paid his debt to society.  Time to chill.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AndreG. said:

I´m hi-jacking this thread...  @Chad Maybe we could move everything KG 4.5 related here to a new thread  called "Reviving KG4.5" for example, over in the restaurations-forums please?

@Travis In Austin can do it as well, he´s more often online than Chad

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

He might just leave it all there when he walks outta the office like most people.  I would.  He's more than paid his debt to society.  Time to chill.

Oh no, I wasn´t expecting him to answer right away! It´s the weekend, he will drop everything and go home just like the rest of us alright.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1