Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I've been moving some of my gear around in the house and this is what is in my writer's den is now: my vintage, original state Harman/Kardon 430 'twin powered', a vintage Onkyo turntable and Onkyo speakers (from the 1980s), my Pro-ject George Harrison special edition turntable. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to hook on my Klipsch RP160M speakerset as well (which are now in the bedroom). I know they work fantastic with the H/K!

PSX_20230830_161215.jpg

• Like 6

A little OT... "Aliens" (Alien 2) just running on TV (No English... Grrrr). Just noticed again: "Combat Drop", from were the Marines prepare for the mission to when the shuttle drops from the Sulaco. The version heard in the movie is different from the one on the records. The movie one is cool, the one on LP and CD ... not so...

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Another Joe Jackson:

PXL_20230830_122623701.jpg.a8dcbddc9b4726d71695936a24ff7382.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/release/524555-Joe-Jackson-Night-And-Day

Two of my favourites: Stepping Out & Breakig Us inTwo.

I listened to this Joe Jackson album, Look Sharp, with the hit Is she really going out with him? 

The music is great, and JJ was 22 back then, which is amazing if you ask me. 

This must be among the most stylish album covers out there...

The mixing is very punk like and 'in your face'..

PSX_20230303_182514.jpg.efebe5f6e5097af4f0668a97121e7111.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AndreG. said:

A little OT... "Aliens" (Alien 2) just running on TV (No English... Grrrr). Just noticed again: "Combat Drop", from were the Marines prepare for the mission to when the shuttle drops from the Sulaco. The version heard in the movie is different from the one on the records. The movie one is cool, the one on LP and CD ... not so...

I'm a fan and I watched the whole series of Alien movies in a week during this summer. James Cameron's Aliens shows the Marines in a  very similar way to how the are in his two Avatar movies, while there is 35 years in between, or more... Even the female marines in both movies are copies, it seems! No offence intented, because I'm a fan, like I said! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

I listened to this Joe Jackson album, Look Sharp, with the hit Is she really going out with him? 

The music is great, and JJ was 22 back then, which is amazing if you ask me. 

This must be among the most stylish album covers out there...

The mixing is very punk like and 'in your face'..

PSX_20230303_182514.jpg.efebe5f6e5097af4f0668a97121e7111.jpg

Hi 

I saw JJ in concert in april 1980 : Extra set 😍👍

• Like 4