Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

20 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Yeah, as always: "If I had waited a little longer..." Can´t be helped...

JA ....the first time ever that I saw two offered pairs KG 4.5 w/in less than six month in this sec.hand german market, what a pitty for you as these have the two origin 10" drivers

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

These look almost mint....  😂

Cmon André  230 € bugs and you don´t have to order the two spare drivers in the usa , that will be more expensive ! and ..you got the complete spare parts till the end of your life 😗

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Cmon André  230 € bugs and you don´t have to order the two spare drivers in the usa , that will be more expensive ! and ..you got the complete spare parts till the end of your life 😗

Pick up only... and I don´t have 300 bugs at the moment (I added the fictional postage.). Plus, what about the other pair? I could dismantle them for parts... yeah... Damn...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

You all dried out and settled again @billybob?   Those hurricanes coming in down your way would drive me insane.

Finishing the raking and picking up. No rush like some neighbors. Cause then, I will want to mow it. One day at a time. Plenty of food for the eating and other things. Out of town vendors from Florida Could have been far worse. Was actually surprised by my high and dry location. Others here not as fortunate yet, lots here know the routine by now. Liver getting rehydrated... slowly.

Spun an old Peter, Paul, & Mary this morning. Thanks!

Hoping Hurricane Lee, turns North away from coast all the way, away from Canada.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Today, out of nothing, I changed the gain setting of my iFi Zen Phono preamp to mm (see Pic). It had been on Mc high ever since I bought it. Although I have an mm cartridge, back then, I thought the Mc high setting sounded louder and therefore better. But today, after setting it to mm, I realise I was wrong all along. 

Set to mm, it sounds slightly less loud, but it is so much more well balanced, the highs and the lows I mean, and there is so much more subtleness to the recordings. I listened to Daft Punk's RAM, side 1 up to 4, Charly Hunter's Bing Bing Bing (jazz), and some obscure but excellent JS Bach harmonia Mundi record by Kuijken/Leonhardt, and the subtleness increase is present in all genres. 

PSX_20230910_211515.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/5/2023 at 11:09 AM, AndreG. said:

@GWSmith Interesting! Any stories to share of how this almost came about?

Hi there Andre and friends.  Andre, look at that album and see if 'Jim Bell' is in the musicians lineup as guitarist.  I will tell you more...  ;)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

Hi there Andre and friends.  Andre, look at that album and see if 'Jim Bell' is in the musicians lineup as guitarist.  I will tell you more...  ;)

Not on this album, but Discogs mentions the name in the members section.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Good afternoon Gary @GWSmith , enjoy that nice record and of course the Vino 🍷, 10.25 pm here , time to rest !

Thank you!  Only 4:38pm. here, whole night ahead.  Rest well ! You will be in dreamland when I hit the rack :sleep:.   Meanwhile, enjoying Side 2 of Bill Evans Trio, and the wine 🍷:biggrin2:.

• Like 4