Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Think ole John is workin his way to the head of the class.  He's pushin buttons now.  lol  Funny cuttin someone loose with good taste.  😂

Leon-Russel-Leon-Russell-70.jpg

Leon Russell is the debut solo album by the singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist Leon Russell. It followed his debut with the Midnight String Quartet and a production by Russell and Marc Benno billed as the Asylum Choir.

"A Song for You", written by Russell for this album, is a slow, pained plea for forgiveness and understanding from an estranged lover. The tune is one of Russell's best-known compositions. It has been performed and recorded by over 200 artists, spanning many musical genres. Elton John has called the song an American classic.

:)

• Like 6

I am testing to compare my pressing with @AndreG. 

In my 1975 UK first press I can’t hear what you have described 

The only section that I may find a little flutter in the lower register of the flute section of that track, but that’s what a flute does when one tries to go deep into the lower register 

Artist - Steve Hackett 

Title - Voyage Of The Acolyte 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1433178-Steve-Hackett-Voyage-Of-The-Acolyte

IMG-4655.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today an addition to my vintage-system arrived:

PXL_20231016_162220008.jpg.75441323ec593fe9aeba5d81b97a353b.jpg

A KT-7550. I couldn´t test it, power-switch is stuck in the off-position. Apart from that it´s very clean, both from the outside and inside. I´ll send it to a technician tomorrow. He´ll refurbish it and he will also modify it 

to make it compatible with DAB+ standard.  

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

Today an addition to my vintage-system arrived:

PXL_20231016_162220008.jpg.75441323ec593fe9aeba5d81b97a353b.jpg

A KT-7550. I couldn´t test it, power-switch is stuck in the off-position. Apart from that it´s very clean, both from the outside and inside. I´ll send it to a technician tomorrow. He´ll refurbish it and he will also modify it 

to make it compatible with DAB+ standard.  

Congrats on your 'new' Kenny gear !  🍷

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Having fun spinning vinyl again!

1000000077.jpg

"Omega Mettalicus" has some fun bass at the beginning!

The "DJs" LaScala setup DOES NOT lack any bass at all. I can feel it through my boots into my toes with the volume pot at 10:00!!

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=In8l1w-tnAI&list=OLAK5uy_lvVIa2vYJeJ86sjU5jqFcIvMVG7lnn84E

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Update:
I have tried to stick to basic cleaning for not while waiting for parts and batteries. I will have the battery's today and will get pics of the progress.
I did some thinking (Painful) and have decided to go for a new set of jewels for the pivots, but setting the jewels into the housing rather than the cylinder (barrel. Sleeve?) and to insert new pivot points into the cylinder. These are the jewels I am getting and the shafts.
While writing this Dave at Swiss jewel called about my request, and found one issue in my selection and has offered me samples for my project, since it is a one off thing. I have to do a bit of engineering here to insure proper mating and fit of the shaft to the jewels, and that is the same as in watch making :) the dilemma now is the fitment of the shafts to the cylinder, with out having to drill on it, but there I have an idea that would allow there to be no change to the cylinder, keeping it original.
I also will be replacing the ball bearing under the tonearm shaft as there is a ridge and some scratches on the original.  The platter bearing looks real good so I will leave that one be. I have to finish cleaning the bearing wells on both the platter and tone arm today, soft rotary nylon brush and ATF to get a perfect polish. Add another coat of oil to the walnut base and am thinking of a clear coat over the top plate, "leaving" the small dings and such in the finish there. Not that it adds character, but it tells the story of the life of this TT.  Electrical are finished and I had to tear the power switch apart to get the contacts clean, I will be replacing the capacitor on the switch, as the arcing had been rather severe causing such a carbon build up. I may replace the motor capacitor while I am doing the other.
Update again: the new bearings are now ordered.
Progress is now slow waiting for parts, oil finish is drying, so I am just fiddling with the tools for the alignment procedure. I will post a new update in a day or so and with pictures all going well..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yea, he's werkin.  lol

image.png

Lewis Allan Reed (March 2, 1942 – October 27, 2013) was an American musician and songwriter. He was the guitarist, singer, and principal songwriter for the rock band The Velvet Underground and had a solo career that spanned five decades. Although not commercially successful during its existence, the Velvet Underground became regarded as one of the most influential bands in the history of underground and alternative rock music. Reed's distinctive deadpan voice, poetic and transgressive lyrics, and experimental guitar playing were trademarks throughout his long career. 

"Sally Can't Dance" was his 4th Studio lp released in September of 1974.  It peaked @ #10 on the US charts.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1