Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Maybe because of the skirt? But I think at the beginning of the 80´s that should not have been controversial, no? 

The cover to permanent waves was altered? Never knew that.  I have several albums by the scorpions and one by blind faith, and UFO, and likely a few others that are WAY more controversial than that.  Now those are covers I couldn't show my parents then, or my kids now!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Good evening my friends.   It's after dinner and a snowy evening here in the North East.  So, what better then to continue with the 3rd Ronstadt / Riddle LP.   Two photos showing the artwork and all cued up for Side One, and an after dark photo here in the cozy room ;)   IMG-2997.jpg

IMG-2998.jpg

IMG-2999.jpg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Mycuff said:

The cover to permanent waves was altered? Never knew that.  I have several albums by the scorpions and one by blind faith, and UFO, and likely a few others that are WAY more controversial than that.  Now those are covers I couldn't show my parents then, or my kids now!

You DIG UFO??

We're too far and few between fans!

Only music I could ever dance to was them, ZZ, Grinderswitch and maybe Nazareth!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well, I have enjoyed my spins and your company today and this evening.  I am going to listen to some digital stuff for the rest of the evening.  Hope to return tomorrow and join you all once again!   SIDE TWO spins as I type.

Have a good evening (day for you Paul! ;)).   IMG-3000.jpg

• Like 2

Yes. All the old stuff is great.   Force it is the album from them that has the risky cover.  Not nearly as bad as this one.  I mean, what were they thinking?  The only one that is worse is Scorpions taken by force. I'm not going to show that one at all. 

blind faith.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Yes it is, the copy I have is a cutout. * just put it up in the yt thread!

Saw them geeze... 3 or 4 times before 1980 Just great on stage.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You DIG UFO??

We're too far and few between fans!

Only music I could ever dance to was them, ZZ, Grinderswitch and maybe Nazareth!!

I'm stumped by Grinderswitch, got to admit!  The others of course make regular rotations.  Thought I had more UFO albums, but these are all my favorites, all minty first pressings.  I think I'll play one, and then the first album by UK which I accidentally pulled out.  Haven't listened to that one in like forever.

ufo.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mycuff said:

I'm stumped by Grinderswitch, got to admit!  The others of course make regular rotations.  Thought I had more UFO albums, but these are all my favorites, all minty first pressings.  I think I'll play one, and then the first album by UK which I accidentally pulled out.  Haven't listened to that one in like forever.

Think country fused with a boogie-woogie tempo... They played every bar, garage, gas station... In Charlotte when I was young!

* I've got a couple, in storage... I put something up in the yt thread!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@AndreG.

That's an early copy of that fantastic RUSH LP!! 

Do not know how the cover could be controversial, but it was made boring a few years later. 

Did a little bit of research on that. The cover art of the album was changed because of the newspaper front page in it. 

Screenshot_20240129_062119_com.microsoft.emmx.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 3/10/2017 at 7:16 AM, Full Range said:

Gentlemen 

It's a Vinyl Spinning thread because not all music is available in other formats 

Not only do we like to see the record spinning around it's also normal to sit and listen to the record from start to finish without the constant - stop, start, change track with the remote control ( you all know what I mean ) 

Anyway next spinning session I have stuck with King Crimson 

For @Tarheel a special photo

Artist - King Crimson 

Album - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks really cool! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Did a little bit of research on that. The cover art of the album was changed because of the newspaper front page in it. 

That's interesting, never did look into it back then. Had the good cover already... just like "Love at First Sting"!!

Besides no duckduck, no google... no pc that I knew of in the wee hours of the 80s! Phones had long pigtail cords :o

Apple with floppies was just around the corner!

• Like 5

To go along with that Grinderswitch introduction I made in Paul's other dy-no-mite thread. Info on where they came from... interrelated info anyhow. It's a big deal in Southern Rock!

If you're ever in Macon? (Try to see Blackberry Smoke if you can!)

https://capricorn.mercer.edu/history/

https://www.ranker.com/list/bands-and-musicians-on-capricorn-records/reference

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Monday friends!   Ok, JUST got in from my morning workout with a snow blower (ears noise protected even though it is electric) and settling in with this one from 1985.  A jazz recording on London 'Digital'.  Kiri singing with more lovely Nelson Riddle arrangements.  Here is some cover art, front and rear side. IMG-3001.jpg

IMG-3002.jpg

SIDE ONE in progress on the Orbit Custom....IMG-3003.jpg

• Like 4

@saynothingatall  hopefully you'll stop back in at some point.  If you choose to hang around and share your system and collection with us feel free to do so.  I see you did post @Full Range's thread so here's the jist of it.  We ALL blame EVERYthing that happens in here on him!  It's ALL his fault we're the way we are.  Welcome to the gaggle!  :)

• Haha 5