Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

28 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

I heard Marseilles about a year ago on a local FM radio station for first time since I was in high school in the early 80s. I just picked up Face to Face album on ebay for $10. I bet they were awesome live!

You bet they were awesome live 🤘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Spun some german Music today , all bands were from the former german democratic republic , you should know them all @AndreG.    AMIGA was the DDR Label at that time , they all were printed in the city Gotha . 

The Band KARAT with their debut from 1978

KaratKarat.thumb.jpg.12c3ea2f32c5032692cf4cacd941bec7.jpg

than the debut from the band CITY as well from 1978

CityCity.thumb.jpg.ca1c9e75cc6962aceb2bceb063fc6f86.jpg

and finally the debut from the band REFORM 1979

ReformReform.thumb.jpg.b9e61fd6b30d7132306d4485b344bfa6.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

After them I changed to Mott The Hoople,  any idea what does it mean ?

MottTheHoopleGreatestHits.thumb.jpg.026e71920c9fa59dda5151ea7e05dc09.jpg

and finally ......Chase was an American jazz-rock band.

On August 9, 1974, Chase was traveling by plane to Minnesota for a gig at the Jackson County Fair when they ran into bad weather - in the subsequent crash, Bill Chase died along with band members Wally Yohn, John Emma and Walter Clark, and their two pilots were also killed

ChaseEnnea.thumb.jpg.92362b4c3aa166058e9465c500940f77.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ok friends.......yes, been a while, but stopping by with some vinyl to spin.  This time from the audio showroom.  This album I bought NEW in 1978, I think played it only a couple times in that year.  So, this is the first time spinning it again in all these many years!

Guess you could say the Rega is set, table cloth and all :happy:.IMG-3138.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Listening via the Superscope s212 which I moved to the listening room, powered by the Willsenton R8 tube rolled with complete set of JJ. Electronic valves including a quad of EL-34 outputs.  Vintage vinyl via speakers of the same decade.   Here is the LP and a vibe photo of the listening space with the new speaker arrangement.  (Martin Logans under cover at the moment.)IMG-3139.jpg

IMG-3140.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Spun some german Music today , all bands were from the former german democratic republic , you should know them all @AndreG.    AMIGA was the DDR Label at that time , they all were printed in the city Gotha . 

The Band KARAT with their debut from 1978

KaratKarat.thumb.jpg.12c3ea2f32c5032692cf4cacd941bec7.jpg

than the debut from the band CITY as well from 1978

CityCity.thumb.jpg.ca1c9e75cc6962aceb2bceb063fc6f86.jpg

and finally the debut from the band REFORM 1979

ReformReform.thumb.jpg.b9e61fd6b30d7132306d4485b344bfa6.jpg

Actually I don´t, haha. I grew up on the "other side" of the wall. 😉

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Have returned and reporting in as promised.  Got the re-released Marillion 'Clutching At Straws', a double 180gram. LP set.  It's time for the Martin Logan Classic 9's and Dynamo 1600X to handle the 2.1 audio duties.  Parasound Halo 6 pre and A21 amp waking up the showroom ^_^.   Seems Photo Image is currently down, so I will send along the photos later.  🍷

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Listening via the Superscope s212 which I moved to the listening room, powered by the Willsenton R8 tube rolled with complete set of JJ. Electronic valves including a quad of EL-34 outputs.  Vintage vinyl via speakers of the same decade.   Here is the LP and a vibe photo of the listening space with the new speaker arrangement.  (Martin Logans under cover at the moment.)IMG-3139.jpg

IMG-3140.jpg

Did you go with JJ EL-34 Blue Glass?

JJ-E34LB-2.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Klipsch104db said:

Did you go with JJ EL-34 Blue Glass?

JJ-E34LB-2.jpg

No I did not.  I went with what my friends down the street (VIVA TUBES) had ready to ship.   I HAVE bought from Tube Depot for my ham radio needs ( Trio of 811's) and from Penta Labs in CA. for a trio of 572-B's for my RF use.  There are 9 tubes in the R8, so it was a big expenditure to change out the whole set.  I am very pleased with the JJ. E  NOT alternative to Russian OR Chinese.  

• Like 3

On to SIDE 3 (LP #2) - Marillion.  Great album and sound.  Sorry I can't share photos just now dammit, but I WILL post at some point once the photo service comes back online..... :wacko:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Guess you could say the Rega is set, table cloth and all :happy:.

I see what you did there Oh crafty one!  That's a great lp.  :)    

Nuttin like sittin here and not being able to upload squat cause the post image site is playin games.  Grrrrrr.  Getting an ear full outta the 3 that just showed up.   Blah,, Adrian Smith & Ritchie Kotzen, Gary Clark Jr's.  "Jpeg Raw", and Walter Trout's newdrop "Broken."

Firt time thru the S&K lp left a lot to be desired.  2 tracks I enjoyed and the rest of it was slammed together imo.  Left me hangin... Especially since the ones I ennoyed were the last two on side one.  I'expected more creativity on side 2. 

220px-Smith-Kotzen_-_Smith-Kotzen.png

Smith/Kotzen is the self-titled debut album from rock musicians Adrian Smith and Richie Kotzen, released on 26 March 2021.[1][2]

"Taking My Chances" was released as the first single from the album in December 2020.[3] It was followed by "Scars" in February 2021,[4] and "Running" in March.[5]

Now I wonder WHY it just dropped in the US?  It wasn't a restock or maybe it was.  Hmmmm...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, GWSmith said:

On to SIDE 3 (LP #2) - Marillion.  Great album and sound.  Sorry I can't share photos just now dammit, but I WILL post at some point once the photo service comes back online..... :wacko:

Good evening Gary,

Really nice record you have spinning there.  It is a great album.  No doubt it is sounding incredibly good!

I'm rolling some smooth Brasil '66 tape over on RTM.

RTM - Sergio Mendez&Brasil '66 - Equinox

Enjoy!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I see what you did there Oh crafty one!  That's a great lp.  :)    

Nuttin like sittin here and not being able to upload squat cause the post image site is playin games.  Grrrrrr.  Getting an ear full outta the 3 that just showed up.   Blah,, Adrian Smith & Ritchie Kotzen, Gary Clark Jr's.  "Jpeg Raw", and Walter Trout's newdrop "Broken."

Firt time thru the S&K lp left a lot to be desired.  2 tracks I enjoyed and the rest of it was slammed together imo.  Left me hangin... Especially since the ones I ennoyed were the last two on side one.  I'expected more creativity on side 2. 

220px-Smith-Kotzen_-_Smith-Kotzen.png

Smith/Kotzen is the self-titled debut album from rock musicians Adrian Smith and Richie Kotzen, released on 26 March 2021.[1][2]

"Taking My Chances" was released as the first single from the album in December 2020.[3] It was followed by "Scars" in February 2021,[4] and "Running" in March.[5]

Now I wonder WHY it just dropped in the US?  It wasn't a restock or maybe it was.  Hmmmm...

HA HA, yeah, the inner sleeve was a given.   Yes, Post Image being out takes a chunk out of our activities, but we keep on.......  Soon as it comes back I will put up my session from tonight.   

Walter Trout........I purchased from HIS website the last double LP set he recorded JUST before his health issues.  Also have some of his others on CD.   His organist reminds me of...... me LOL, we have the same Hammond Organ style and since I was in a top blues band, for my listening pleasure, I got hooked on Walter and his band since we were very similar in style.:emotion-21:

• Like 4

Well, my Marllion LP has concluded.  I am going to drift off for the evening with some digital streaming for a while, but I will return shortly.  Keep on listening and enjoying the music my friends!  🍷

• Like 3