Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I am back from my trip to Newcastle NSW Australia 

Had a great time catching up with my drummer mate and family 

Time does not sit still — Wow so many changes since my last visit in 2019 (pre covid)

Tonight I am spinning 

Artist - Emerson, Lake & Palmer 

Title – Pictures At An Exhibition

PS- This album was recorded at Newcastle City Hall (England) 

IMG-5037.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KROCK said:

I wonder how stable are the rpm's.

They probably have it sorted out 

I’m not sure the OM10 cartridge is suitable for the prestige they are trying to express on us 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Full Range

I have the 40 on my 126 with the original TP16 arm & sounds great.

But as far as the 10, IDK. Did you watch any videos? I think it might be limited to special arms, but it's still a nice design. It'll cost about $8200 or $30,000 peso for you.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@KROCK  Logical approach but is it similar to the air platter?  Would have to be more stable I'd think but...  Pricey, nice looking tone arm but just how good is the cart compared to the rest of the build?  Yea, you need a Queen in your life.  Said no man evah!  Maybe though.  😂  Those lp's?  H3ll I have enough trouble putting the one's I play away!  The table?  I'll just keep my trusty Linn.  Still spinning away @ 33.29.  :)

@Full Range welcome back!  Sounds like a good time.  Always nice to get out of your comfort zone.  Then when you come home ya wonder wtf you just did and fire up the system.  Pictures @ Exhibition pretty much sums it up.  Helps you settle back into that life of stability.  😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KROCK said:

Maybe on it's way soon...

https://maglevaudio.com/

It really looks interesting. I would be worried about the difficulty of just changing out the records. It seems like it would have to be a bit of a timely process just to flip a record. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome looking setup. Maybe I am just too lazy...lol. Is there any real advantage to the floating turntable if the tone arm is still affixed to the base? It seems to me that it would negate the whole anti vibration thing. If that's what it is going for. I'm really just curious as I am certainly no expert in any way. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Abomb said:

Maybe I am just too lazy...lol. Is there any real advantage to the floating turntable if the tone arm is still affixed to the base?

I think it´s about negating noise from the platter-bearing.

What I wonder about is magnetic influence on the catridge... Is it all shielded by that platter?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AndreG. said:

I think it´s about negating noise from the platter-bearing.

What I wonder about is magnetic influence on the catridge... Is it all shielded by that platter?

Both good points. Thanks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KROCK said:

@Full Range

I have the 40 on my 126 with the original TP16 arm & sounds great.

But as far as the 10, IDK. Did you watch any videos? I think it might be limited to special arms, but it's still a nice design. It'll cost about $8200 or $30,000 peso for you.....

The first thing I´ll saw in the vid that they´re using an entry level 9 cc Project-Carbon Tonearm with an entry level Ortofon cartridge for $$ / €€ 5K ? No need to follow anykind of these new tt tec hype .....

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The first thing I´ll saw in the vid that they´re using an entry level 9 cc Project-Carbon Tonearm with an entry level Ortofon cartridge for $$ / €€ 5K ? No need to follow anykind of these new tt tec hype .....

Yes we spotted the same thing 

$5K Euro is paying more for marketing not for equipment 🤘
Noting that some new micro cars in Europe are under $20K and the high speck TT is almost the same price 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, MicroMara said:

That tonearm is entry level now?

It was fresh and hot when I got it on my Classic. Can not say if it was the sum of the parts or not but how's DEAD-QUIET for analog background noise with an AT33TG II Dual Moving Coil Microline!!

• Like 4