Jump to content

Vinyl - Record Spinning


Full Range

Recommended Posts

As our weather has changed into an outside dark grey soup again , it was better to stay at home because the streets were covered with an icy slippery surface , so I spun some Rock Tunes today ....I was suprized that the japanese Moving Coil Entr√© 1 , which I bought at christmas is a really hard rock loving machine ūüėā, so I had a lot of fun .

 

LedZeppelinhousesoftheholy.thumb.jpg.4dd0dfa7131ac343131139e0ea5f0f4c.jpgLedZeppelinII.thumb.jpg.65183d4aa2691a58b6dab8f2cea8e2cf.jpgLedZeppelinIII.thumb.jpg.8c5a54980385784846d2453ec62dd555.jpgBlackfootMedicineMan.thumb.jpg.634b8ee7cd2efffd1f79c1a19b076009.jpgVanHalen.thumb.jpg.ad1120ca0cf931e5e511783ba85982ef.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got an blanket email today I couldn't believe...¬†¬†ūüė≠

 

"Hello -

Keith here - I wanted to let you know about some unexpected news we received this week.  Linn has decided to part ways with Overture Audio after 34 years, and they have given us until the 3rd of April to wrap up all business with them.  We'll be happy to talk to you about it on the phone or in person, but for now we have a lot of Linn customers to contact in a short amount of time, so we're sending out this brief email to everyone."   There's more but that's the jist of it.  

 

34 years of business???  Guess my turntable resale value just went up or did it go down?  They must be going to jack the prices to another level.  Wanting those big money boys.  Could be feeling the pinch from the other tables too.  Guess I'd better get a spare power switch  a table mat and a belt or two.  Might splurge on a motor too.  Who knows but it sounds like things are gonna go out of site down the road like everything else today.  Just sad.  I'm sure my tech will ride it out cause he's the best imo.  @Mossy bottom
 

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess you know the story behind this next record. I have either misplaced my original copy or lent it out and was not returned?

So I purchased the new limited edition that was remastered by Steve Wilson 

 

My copy is visually perfect its just beautiful, but needed a very very deep clean due to many skips on first test play 


Artist - Richard Wright

Title - Wet Dream 

 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/28427713-Richard-Wright-Wet-Dream

 

IMG-4874.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are having lots of natural Phenomena and wars around the globe 

Natural with abnormal weather - floods in Australia Freezing cold in the USA Tsunami in Japan 

War in the Middle East 

 

So this album was picked as I flipped the record titles and was begging to be listened to 

 

Title - War Of The Worlds 

 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/3531873-Jeff-Wayne-Jeff-Waynes-Musical-Version-Of-The-War-Of-The-Worlds

 

CF7892-EF-33-C0-454-C-8-D25-30-F9743-C66

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update on the Richard Wright - Wet Dream album 

Still to many skips 

 

I did not have 100% success in removing debris from the grooves and have decided to return it as a manufacturing fault 

So I’m just waiting on a reply to my email of displeasure 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

So I’m just waiting on a reply to my email of displeasure 

They just laff at us.  Ugh!  lol

 

Yea, the planet and turmoil is just hype.¬† Don't worry about a thing just stick to that daily routine. Feed the machine.¬† This too shall pass.¬†¬†ūüėā

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

They just laff at us.  Ugh!  lol

 

Yea, the planet and turmoil is just hype.¬† Don't worry about a thing just stick to that daily routine. Feed the machine.¬† This too shall pass.¬†¬†ūüėā


They replied with apologies, adding that I can keep the defective LP - and offered me a replacement or refund 

I chose a replacement as I want that blasted album ūü§ėūü§ėūü§™ūüėé

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Full RangeMine's in a pile!  rofl   I'll get back w/ya.  My dude just laffed at me that time I sent you that Floyd? lp.  I wasn't too happy with that outcome.  I get down that way he's gonna hear about it in person too.  I'll wiggle it into the convo some how THAT you can take to the bank!   :)

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full RangeMine's in a pile!  rofl   I'll get back w/ya.  My dude just laffed at me that time I sent you that Floyd? lp.  I wasn't too happy with that outcome.  I get down that way he's gonna hear about it in person too.  I'll wiggle it into the convo some how THAT you can take to the bank!   :)

 

 

 


‚ÄėIt‚Äôs time to give it a spin but I hope your pressing is good, however as I noted that to the eye my copy looks perfect¬†

Yea that Floyd LP had a chunky gouge in it - hard to miss 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Full Range said:

We are having lots of natural Phenomena and wars around the globe 

Natural with abnormal weather - floods in Australia Freezing cold in the USA Tsunami in Japan 

War in the Middle East 

 

So this album was picked as I flipped the record titles and was begging to be listened to 

 

Title - War Of The Worlds 

 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/3531873-Jeff-Wayne-Jeff-Waynes-Musical-Version-Of-The-War-Of-The-Worlds

 

CF7892-EF-33-C0-454-C-8-D25-30-F9743-C66

 

OH JEAH ! Bought this one somewhere in 1978 and still love to listen to , what a fantastique voyage with Richard Burton

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2024 at 12:36 AM, Dave1291 said:

Got an blanket email today I couldn't believe...¬†¬†ūüė≠

 

"Hello -
Keith here - I wanted to let you know about some unexpected news we received this week. 

Yes very important news to know ūüėā

 

WilliNelson.thumb.jpg.e6bc50d76f6ca74446d55fc23977f268.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Allan Songer said:

Sonny Stitt on a cold winter morning in the hi desert.

 

WTF.....   where's the TD124?

 

What "Hi Desert"?

 

Hope you're doing good, cheers!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

It’s a rainy day today in Brisbane and good record spinning weather 

This next spin is a jazz setting from a master drummer 

 

Artist - Bill Bruford 

Title - The Bruford Tapes 

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/1969352-Bruford-The-Bruford-Tapes

 

 

6-C737-ABF-B3-D8-46-D3-A5-AE-F89-AEE2870

20240115_110142.heic

 

I have multiples but the moraz-bruford the only one

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...