Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 7/25/2018 at 12:07 AM, K5SS said:

It’s funny, I always thought La Scala’s were much larger than that! I might be able to actually fit those in the new place, when I move..

The longer you own them the smaller they get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Although I like all in my collection, this album is probably my favourite Manfred Mann’s Earth Band 

Slightly shorter songs but with full impact and conviction shows

Super tight and great musicianship 

Artist - Manfred Mann’s Earth Band

Title - Nightingales & Bombers 

ID Bronze 24337

E6959F58-82B1-4647-9CCF-24E58DECDF13.jpeg

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

In the early 70s a lot of rock bands could have passed for "hair bands" of the mtv 80s.

Difference was a lot more of them made good music in the 70s.

Some survived:

image.jpg

Right in the nuts... Night in the ruts

• Like 4

Next up is also a great album 

A little earlier than my last spin - this album was released in 1972 

This album I believe is the first release of the “Earth Band”  name change and new band members 

Artful Prog with a rock twist at its best - a very nice album 

Artist - Manfred Mann’s Earth Band

Title - Self Titled 

ID - 6308086

On Philips 1972 

CBEE93C1-1729-4208-94F3-2C23048D8A17.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good evening to everyone here at Pauls 'place'........   Just spinning some vinyl tonight over in RTM and thought I would stop by to say hello and share some current photos from tonight's spinnings...

On the Rega tonight, Alan Parsons 'I Robot'   DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

Inner sleeve with factory packed wrinkles!DSCN2339.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

...........and something I found on eBay that I had NO intention of buying, but a great price appeared for a SEALED edition....   Here is a sneak photo to teast with for the moment....   ;)DSCN2344.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

........OOops, ment to post the rest of the photo set.....   Sorry..............and, good evening to you Paul.............morning here, breakfast getting ready....:emotion-44:

Meanwhile, here is the MYSTERY LP....   This was a promotional album from Chevrolet...  You can read the small print in the lower right and I guess it was a CBS network special probably featuring these artists.    The recordings are from the original studio releases, a kind of compilation of sorts.

Here is the front cover artwork.......DSCN2345.jpg

• Like 3

............flipped it over for the other side....................   I will say, the pressing is very good and clear, very low noise.   However, like many popular recordings of the day, only a few on this LP have some depth of tone...  I would say there was very little bass response, even had the Velodyne F-1500 running and there was hardly any low end info to be reproduced!

At any rate, it was a fun listen, and brought back memories from that year.....DSCN2351.jpg

• Like 3

Good morning John...................:emotion-44:    Yes, the music was from her recordings we heard on the air.....   The Bacharach was probably the best sounding music on the disc.....   The mellow trumpets and all were very nice, that had a fuller sound for sure.....  :emotion-21:

• Like 5