Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

The question is did it make it sound better ? And at what cost..

Or did the buyer get hosed...

I've tried many speaker wires in my day & I still have sets of so called garden hose wire that I don't use. I can't tell the difference.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

37725430_1443162315830060_53606790343950

Lol this reminds me when I used to work in the COBRA department at a health insurance broker. I had to call terminated employees and discuss their COBRA insurance options. Usually the calls are pretty rough and the people were pissed but one day this guy was really chill and just said,

"Eh, F*ck it man. Im just chillin and got a Led Zepplin album spinning... They aint gonna get me down."

We both gave a chuckle and the dude really made my Friday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Compare a set of 14 g oxygen free copper to some of the AudioQuest cables on a good rig and you might be surprised.

It was a greater difference than that 14 g to 20 g zip wire was. And that was mostly decreased resistivity.

I went from my sample sized wires to putting down some bucks because the detail and the timbre of everything just came to life dramatically. Used to snicker at banana plug ended wires, not any more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, K5SS said:

The guy is only asking $260 for it so I might just go grab it. The problem is that I am currently ripping my HT apart at the moment and I don’t want to drop what I am doing, I’m on a roll. Hopefully it is still available tomorrow.

You guys are great, thanks again for the advice! 

How about this deal

https://albany.craigslist.org/ele/d/marantz-integrated-amp-tuner/6603999385.html

Marantz Integrated amp/tuner - $450 (Caroga Lake) hide this posting

image 2 of 2

00303_5ArFM7Otp64_600x450.jpg

00505_jh16evKzeh6_600x450.jpg

00303_5ArFM7Otp64_600x450.jpg

3004.png3005.png3004.png3004.png3005.png3005.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
PO Box 616

(google map)

condition: excellent 
make / manufacturer: Marantz 
model name / number: 1070 amp 

Very nice matching Marantz 1070 integrated amp and matching tuner. Both pieces are fully functional, the tuner was recently fully checked ,cleaned and fm alignment. The amp routinely sells on ebay for 350 give or take. The balance knob in pic has been fixed. Will throw in a pair a Klipsch bookshelf speakers. Wonderful sound old school look. Text 518 844 1591 if you want to audition.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Full Range said:

With all the modifications 

My La Scala are taller than me 

Please Note - My components have changed since this video was taken a few years ago 

Show off :(  Trying to  shame those of us with Pro stuff :) 

Awesome :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ssh said:

I just got a copy of John McLaughlin, Al Di Meola & Paco De Lucia/ Passion...

I should have asked the price when I ordered it: $99.99.

It is, however, outstanding.

SSH

Recall John with the Mahavishnu Orchestra some time back. Would think this lp would be good. Enjoying your new turntable. Excellent!

• Like 5

Guest wdecho

There are a few songs on this album I did not possess so I bought it off Ebay for a decent price. Already in 1976 when she was still young and actually just beginning her long career she was popular enough to release a collection of her songs. A chance to hear a budding voice that matured with age. 

R-2545086-1289759089.jpeg.jpg

1 minute ago, wdecho said:

There are a few songs on this album I did not possess so I bought it off Ebay for a decent price. Already in 1976 when she was still young and actually just beginning her long career she was popular enough to release a collection of her songs. A chance to hear a budding voice that matured with age. 

R-2545086-1289759089.jpeg.jpg

I have this album in the collection 

• Like 3