Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Such a great group...  Got some nice seats in Cleveland for I'm thinking the last stop on the tour...  Worst show EVER sound-wise.  Tin cans and string would have sounded better.  Every thing they had running was garbage...  Ugh...  Actually left early it was that bad.

I am feeling your pain 

However the sound issue may not have been the bands fault 

Tuning and sound setup is normally performed by other technicians and sometimes the venue may only allow their own people to use the equipment 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Such a great group...  Got some nice seats in Cleveland for I'm thinking the last stop on the tour...  Worst show EVER sound-wise.  Tin cans and string would have sounded better.  Every thing they had running was garbage...  Ugh...  Actually left early it was that bad.

Dave,

When and where was the concert?  

RTM I’m listening to Cantaloupe Island from the excellent Audiogon Chesky sampler. The DIFF sound from my converted pedestrian Sennheisers is superb.

85E014D2-56F9-4FA0-A5CF-1099D7078185.jpeg.033cb0d9bdf10e1175fc171b5f291c33.jpeg837776111_IMG_0618(Medium).thumb.JPG.2e77536c3665140989527b8d7c0cc11c.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

When and where was the concert?

It had to be in the late 70's or early 80's at some point.  Richfield Coliseum near Cleveland which is now long gone.  Lemme dive on my pile of ticket stubs...  Maybe there's a stub...  Oooopsie, wrong!  Thu Feb 20, 1992 @ the Richfield Coliseum!  Does math...  Takes another pill since it's time and scrolls...  lol

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Full Range said:

I am feeling your pain 

However the sound issue may not have been the bands fault 

Tuning and sound setup is normally performed by other technicians and sometimes the venue may only allow their own people to use the equipment 

Totally agree but a deaf man could have done better!  I think it was the last show on the tour and everyone had the "let's go home" attitude.  It sucked big-time!  I'd gone to MANY shows there and none EVER sounded like this one.  NASTY!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, K5SS said:

Do you fellas think aMarantz 1060 would pair nicely with the Rotel RP-6300 I just picked up? 

If I were going vintage ss parents

Would be any marantz form 1968-78..

The marantz your looking at go's

Any were from $450 - 950...

Make.sure it has been serviced !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Full Range said:

The Marantz is probably better than the Rotel 😃

I would say so... But k5ss is off too

A good start...

I just happened to be on the phone..

With a marantz expert .... Who collects vintage ss marantz gear..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah Mike. Even a minty to good piece with low hours or, as you say serviced. Deals do arise. Marantz sounds like a nice presentation and safe enough bet. Thinking that Rotel table may be the sleeper. Turns me on...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yeah Mike. Even a minty to good piece with low hours or, as you say serviced. Deals do arise. Marantz sounds like a nice presentation and safe enough bet. Thinking that Rotel table may be the sleeper. Turns me on...

You better protect that stylus

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The guy is only asking $260 for it so I might just go grab it. The problem is that I am currently ripping my HT apart at the moment and I don’t want to drop what I am doing, I’m on a roll. Hopefully it is still available tomorrow.

You guys are great, thanks again for the advice! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Go to his house.   It's in upland, CA.   You will LOVE the area.  VERY upscale aka I wish I was his neighbor.   Upscale audio is no lie to the name.   He has multiple dedicated audio rooms and will let you do what to u want and listen to what you want.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, K5SS said:

It’s funny, I always thought La Scala’s were much larger than that! I might be able to actually fit those in the new place, when I move..

With all the modifications 

My La Scala are taller than me 

Please Note - My components have changed since this video was taken a few years ago 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2