Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Guest wdecho
3 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Very nice indeed 

Enjoy the music and post the records you spin so we can all share the vibe 

Detested Country music in my youth that my Dad loved but now I can appreciate the stories they tell. Found this at a flea market bin with other well taken care of LP's. Lots of rock and roll but I already have most of them I like but I did find a few Jazz and Country LP's there that I did not have. This Ronnie Milsap one was well recorded and in really great shape so I splurged and spent $5 for it. 

Ronnie-Milsap-Lost-In-The-Fifties-Tonigh

Guest wdecho
34 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Go ahead, rub it in.  Decades ago I donated my AR with SME arm to Purple Heart.  What was I thinking?

Buying and restoring the old turntables of old to my thinking is more of a nostalgia and collector thing being that there are just as many good new turntables now being made and sold. I can only wish new recordings were being produced on CD and LP for the same price with the resurgence of LP interest. But then they would be digitally mastered and not on a master tape so much would be lost in the transition. I have tried to force myself to enjoy CD's over vinyl but now after many decades have given up and accepted the fact that LP's mastered on tape just sound better. Another regret of mine is selling my Triumph Bonneville to my brother in law for $600 after my wife claimed there was no room for it in our garage. But then not as much regret as a friend of mine who I restored a 69 Z28 with the original 302 motor for who was forced to sell for $35,000 when his wife complained about the same thing, needing room in the garage. 

I myself currently have 3 Turntables 

A Garrard 401 idler drive - A Thorens TD147, belt drive - A Revox 795 a Direct Drive 

Mike also sold a 20 year automotive project 

But he can tell you all about it 

PS

Also nothing wrong with country 

Ita a precursor to rock and roll - some of the best guitarist’s were country musos 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Guest wdecho
2 hours ago, wdecho said:

My new turntable. I really like the layout design and simplicity of this Fluance turntable. I bought an AR turntable when they were being sold 30 years ago but sold it to buy a better one, or at least I thought so. Has anyone seen the prices the old AR turntables are now bringing? I prefer belt drive, no practical reason, direct drive properly implemented is perfect fine as well. Just my personal preference. The Audio Technica LP120 was on sale this week at Amazon for something like $230 and it was very tempting. Sounds really nice with the Audio-technica AT95E cartridge. Might eventually spring for the new AT440ma one day but then the price of it alone is the cost I paid for the turntable with cartridge. One advantage of simple is when and if repairs are needed, easily and cheaply repaired. I hope it will be a long time from now. 

Fluance-RT81-wood.jpg

There is actually a newer cartridge from Audio-technica called the VM540ML that has replaced the AT440ma. Really great reviews and it is the one I actually am considering in the future. Claimed noticeable improvement over the AT95m. That being said from all I have read the AT95m is a very good cartridge in the $50 price range. Sounds much better then the one I was using in my P-mount turntable. 

Oh a 147 and not a 125 FR...good show. Nice to see the new to me TT's and hear old remorse car stories. Yes it is either laugh or cry with some. Lady called about a craigslist advert for my technics TT. Ran out of seconds while talking to her. Got in car and drove 2 miles to nearest landline at store I frequent out here in the stickish. Had to borrow Android from young dude who helped me with a flat the other day. Her location was right but, she was actually looking to burn to cd, etc...so referred her to advert for an Ion for $25 that a dude I met couple of months ago has.

All funny stories to me but while the flat was a PIA with the euro jack and wrench, the young dude that helped, among earlier folk who assisted, surprised me abit. He said, you look like a cool dude so, what about music? Seems he spins and has some of my and your favs...dang I said, I may just lay this Technics on you for a song or dance. After talking to me seeing my intensity, he is still speaking yet, is giving me a lot of space since. LOLOL! Young folk spinning and keeping analog alive...;) What a natural hootie...

Edit: BTW @KROCK...since am at the speed near dialup out here, what is you new DAC?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, billybob said:

Oh a 147 and not a 125 FR...good show. Nice to see the new to me TT's and hear old remorse car stories. Yes it is either laugh or cry with some. Lady called about a craigslist advert for my technics TT. Ran out of seconds while talking to her. Got in car and drove 2 miles to nearest landline at store I frequent out here in the stickish. Had to borrow Android from young dude who helped me with a flat the other day. Her location was right but, she was actually looking to burn to cd, etc...so referred her to advert for an Ion for $25 that a dude I met couple of months ago has.

All funny stories to me but while the flat was a PIA with the euro jack and wrench, the young dude that helped, among earlier folk who assisted, surprised me abit. He said, you look like a cool dude so, what about music? Seems he spins and has some of my and your favs...dang I said, I may just lay this Technics on you for a song or dance. After talking to me seeing my intensity, he is still speaking yet, is giving me a lot of space since. LOLOL! Young folk spinning and keeping analog alive...;) What a natural hootie...

Edit: BTW @KROCK...since am at the speed near dialup out here, what is you new DAC?

Cambridge audio plus. I had purchase a 2 cheap one's last year & they worked fine & still do.

But couldn't pass up the opportunity @ $100.00 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, wdecho said:

Buying and restoring the old turntables of old to my thinking is more of a nostalgia and collector thing being that there are just as many good new turntables now being made and sold. I can only wish new recordings were being produced on CD and LP for the same price with the resurgence of LP interest. But then they would be digitally mastered and not on a master tape so much would be lost in the transition. I have tried to force myself to enjoy CD's over vinyl but now after many decades have given up and accepted the fact that LP's mastered on tape just sound better. Another regret of mine is selling my Triumph Bonneville to my brother in law for $600 after my wife claimed there was no room for it in our garage. But then not as much regret as a friend of mine who I restored a 69 Z28 with the original 302 motor for who was forced to sell for $35,000 when his wife complained about the same thing, needing room in the garage. 

At what price point is the true question... When vintage tables

Can be outright stunning...

With the build quality of the past..

and on the most part on the cheap !

But should find vintage tables...

That you can use  vintage or modern arms and cartridge choices

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

At what price point is the true question... When vintage tables

Can be outright stunning...

With the build quality of the past..

and on the most part on the cheap !

But should find vintage tables...

That you can use  vintage or modern arms and cartridge choices

So what are you trying to say?   lol

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I can count one you @billybob to bring in tunes here that give me deja-vu after the first few bars.

Lots from years ago, long forgotten that sound much better content wise than a lot of newer stuff.

Rock On Brother!

Lol, alright now! Too bad Stealer or The Stealer was not on there. Good song. Others like B Seger used it, which reminds me...some other time perhaps. I hear you, thanks!

• Like 1