Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

13 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Genesis is not Genesis without Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett 

Although they were a 3 piece band for a while and went a little mainstream for my liking 

I wish that they would release archive 67-75 on vinyl....

just for the lamb live.. even though

it's reworked.. with some punch ins and over dubs.....

this is my favorite with over dubs just for hackett 's solo @ the 5:30 + mark....

and this is untouched.. incredible

• Like 3

Kentucky Woman ...Hey Joe

@Full Range has that  too...

One of @JohnJ...fav albums under radar is your Telegrammation lp, also called

Deep Purple x2...April is rather

Rainy day melancholy...along with Lalena. An obvious turning point came... In Rock...as you likely already know. You got some DP,

Also obvious... enjoy man...cheers ya'll...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yessiree Bob!

@billybob

It was those two that I listened to last night. Shades of and Telegrammation (weird rat-birds cover). While it has the late 60s rock sound of the vocals and harmonies and mix of acoustic and electric guitar, it is different. The experimentation with the bass and the guitar made them sound as if they knew they were the Cool Kids of that time! Some of Ian's well known falsetto added to his singing showed up in what I heard already. Don't know if too many of the other rock - folk type groups were doing this back then.

Been so long since I heard the lps that Hush and KY Woman came from it's all new to me again now!

• Like 3

Ego for sure. Blackmore tried to intimidate Glover when new to the band. Saying to him things like, I tend to go all out so understand if

you stumble trying to keep up.

Roger said alright somthing like, well go for it dude...Yes, Gillian with that falsetto at times like on Highway Star. Lots of history with the group, and rivalry, jealousy, behind the scenes...

• Like 3

Just now, billybob said:

I can help...

Not sure anyone can!

My brother was disappointed that I let some of them go for the cash & trades at the lp store.

Some of these fifty year old records have hardly been played and I love `em. I want to keep the old KC, but I've got an excellent re-issue from a year or two ago.

Ya see, I have to know how it sounds different with the original mastering and pressing. Darn sure keeping that first Boston, if he gets upset if I spread them around (we're good Paul) I don't want to hurt his feelings.

facepalm.gif

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Full Range said:

King Crimson & YES

with bruford l.t.i.a , s&bb , red !,

t.y.a , fragile , c.t.t.e...

https://www.musicalbrick.com/what-bill-bruford-thought-of-genesis/

and seconds out sucks ! 

the Tokyo tapes kicks butt...

los.endos ! at the @ 1:18 and turn it up.... Chester kills it !

• Like 3

Just now, oldtimer said:

Madness?  Does it run in the family? 

No, tambourines in the pants. You know those days when you're out & about and just don't feel right then you realize that you have a tambourine in your pants. that sort of thing embarrasses me. 

• Haha 2

one of my favorite quotes is from Roger Taylor, drummer for Queen. He is talking about a song where the band are all at the edge of the stage and he just has a kick drum and he's playing a tambourine. He says, "I think I had a tambourine, not exactly a great skill playing a tambourine."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

one of my favorite quotes is from Roger Taylor, drummer for Queen. He is talking about a song where the band are all at the edge of the stage and he just has a kick drum and he's playing a tambourine. He says, "I think I had a tambourine, not exactly a great skill playing a tambourine."

He's wrong on that.  Orchestral tambourine is a skill that demands precision, practice and concentration.  Abusing the instrument however, is not a great skill.  Even with a rock tambourine, there is a difference between skill and abuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He's wrong on that.  Orchestral tambourine is a skill that demands precision, practice and concentration.  Abusing the instrument however, is not a great skill.  Even with a rock tambourine, there is a difference between skill and abuse.

you sure about that?  I saw some hippies playing tambourine -- can't be too hard if a hippie long hair can figure it out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1