Full Range

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

As promised

Now spinning a monumental LP that needs to be heard without interruption 

Artist - YES

Title - Relayer 

A 1974 UK pressing K 50096 

BE4357-DD-4172-41-D4-9508-0-EF1-CFCBF13-

Eddy Offord worked a lot with YES ... he engineered this album if I recall correctly. Some good ones and some not so good ones. Rick Wakeman says Tales From a Topographic Ocean was the reason that he left the band (one of the times).  of course, Patrick Moraz is on keys for this recording; but I'm a Rick Wakeman fan ever since I tagged along with my big brother and his friend to the drive in movies back in the mid 70s and they were listening to Close to the Edge. Brought my kids to see Rick Wakeman once, they were so bored. To make matters worse, when the concert was over, they had to stay because we were going to meet the band after the show. I still tease my kids about that. They tell me "we were kids we'd like it more now."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

03/17/20   Just a heads up for all you geeks.  Do YOUR research cause I don't even know who this guys is!  hahaha  BUT there is a FREE John Legend live stream CONCERT this afternoon on Instagram.  It IS supposedly a NEW show.  Punch it in/live stream it and enjoy!  I'll prolly be listening to "Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road" or something else!  😂

• Haha 1

R A S T E R F A H R A I    0033.gif0033.gif 0033.gif      These are the real Reggae roots 0033.gif0033.gif0033.gif

Bob Marley " Reggae Rebel " and " African Herbsman " were produced in the middle of the late 1960´s ? ..not shure there are no numbers printed in these labels..0056.gif

Rebellkleiner.jpg

Herbsmankleiner.jpg

• Like 4

Switched the phonocardridge a few days ago. Since about a year I had the MI Grado Pestige Gold II in use as a pickup, now I have an MI from the head of development at Nagaoka, Mr. Osawa, working here. The absolutely first-class Osawa 301 . Plays in the league of my SA CD player with unbelievable much emotion. I have had this pick up in my collection for over 30 years. Good that I can now also play it from now on. This range is built and sold today under the product names Nagaoka MP 300 and MP 500 and cost between $ 690 - $ 890 each.

Osawa1kleiner.jpg

• Like 3

So my first foray into something different than Aerosmith & Skynyrd & Ted was this one that I had heard when some of us were "expanding" our own dimensions.

I hung onto this after I had let some of my other favorites go and was rewarded with some excellent staging of it all after I cleaned it up recently, got a couple pops but it does beat that mfsl cd by a decent margin when it comes to the sounds back here. If you know `em you know them.

IMG-20200317-193430.jpg

How do you like that Direct Metal Mastered Moving Pictures @Dave1290 

Wish I could replace my whole RUSH collection with those they are so amazing!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

@MicroMara ... think you familiar with Kraftwerk.

Autobahn my first..

ELO Y... cool

.......got the whole " Kraftwerk " Collection............ and ELOY has produced another few more albums as well. They were one of the mosted liked Rockbands at that time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just had to play this new album - could not wait any longer 

It’s not a fully Prog album in my judgement but a mix of beautifully woven Prog and world music 

It’s very enjoyable at first listen but in reality it needs several listens to fully appreciate the intricate instrument interplay 

Artist - Steve Hackett 

Title - The Night Siren 

23-E44842-DC9-D-41-F2-8-D1-A-66-C461-A40

• Like 3