Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

14 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I just had to play this new album - could not wait any longer 

It’s not a fully Prog album in my judgement but a mix of beautifully woven Prog and world music 

It’s very enjoyable at first listen but in reality it needs several listens to fully appreciate the intricate instrument interplay 

Artist - Steve Hackett 

Title - The Night Siren 

23-E44842-DC9-D-41-F2-8-D1-A-66-C461-A40

love to see your TT in action ..............0064.gif

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Full Range said:

I posted about 25 seconds of it playing the Steve Hackett album on Instagram on the second image 

Nice that you are musically so broadly positioned and do not only concentrate on one - two music styles. I have seen so many wonderful records of you on Instagram. Plus your exceptionally excellent stereo system with so many DIY components. Fullrange ...I have great respect for your musical and technical competence.

006.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

These were the last two records I listened to a few days ago with the Grado Prestige Gold II before I changed to the Osawa 301 MI cartridge. Roxy Music, one of the best " New Romantic " bands of the 1980-1990s

Roxy1kleiner.jpg

Roxy2kleiner.jpg

• Like 5

I just got this album today - It was out of stock when I went to purchase it last week 

A favourite artist that can’t be pigeonholed as he was always evolving

Artist - David Bowie ‎

Title - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-The-Rise-And-Fall-Of-Ziggy-Stardust-And-The-Spiders-From-Mars/release/8162188

@MicroMara made another video for you 

• Like 6

Great LP right there Paul.  At times I just can't get enough of Bowie.  Seems as though he just evolved thru his entire life on a mission.  Amazing how it was planned.

This re-master stuff is getting very addictive!  L.A. Woman was always my "go to" for the Doors until I got the re-master "The Doors Isle of Wight."  Pop goes the weasel and here's the new re-master of L.A. Woman!  I had to!  Does it sound any better?  Nah, only about 3 times better than the original.  This thing TOTALLY rocks it!  Double thumbs up sports fans!

IMG-20200320-231735868.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

This re-master stuff is getting very addictive!  L.A. Woman was always my "go to" for the Doors until I got the re-master "The Doors Isle of Wight."  Pop goes the weasel and here's the new re-master of L.A. Woman!  I had to!  Does it sound any better?  Nah, only about 3 times better than the original.  This thing TOTALLY rocks it!  Double thumbs up sports fans!

I have 2 David Bowie remasters 

Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust 

Both sounds fantastic 👌

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Makes you wonder why they didn't do it in the first place!  hahaha  It's just insane how well they sound in comparison to the originals.  Have a couple others laying here I haven't unzipped yet but soon.  Starting to get cabin fever from all of this COVID-19 garbage!  LOL  Not really.  I'm good to go actually!  Some of the counties around here are starting to get cases though so won't be long and everyone will be on lock down for a while.  THEN it will get interesting here in Duckburg!  lol

• Like 5

Most originals of those artists have been beaten to death, so I'm not sure it is possible to make a fair comparison.  For mega-played stuff like that the remasters are the way to go if anything for the lack of wear.  I have the Doors set with the lizard textured box and they are great.  To find an original in decent shape of those is either impossible or too expensive.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Makes you wonder why they didn't do it in the first place!  hahaha  It's just insane how well they sound in comparison to the originals.  Have a couple others laying here I haven't unzipped yet but soon.  Starting to get cabin fever from all of this COVID-19 garbage!  LOL  Not really.  I'm good to go actually!  Some of the counties around here are starting to get cases though so won't be long and everyone will be on lock down for a while.  THEN it will get interesting here in Duckburg!  lol

Some remasters are not good - They are just bloated with bass 

So it - 

Depends who does the final mixing and who is influencing the end result 

These 2 David Bowie  I have presented are very well done as the person has a good ear for music and knows the interplay of the instruments ( as in sees the whole picture) 

• Like 5

It's always nice to pull out a fresh new copy of anything.  It's just like the original was.  These new re-masters are totally freaky the way things are separated and mixed.  True that some are better than others but man they wanted the Doors to shine and shine they do.  Like everything though, some are good and others are better!  One thing I don't like to do is pay big bucks for something I don't think is worth the money.  I have a few but for the most part everything is improved.  About 10 years ago I was told it was gonna happen and it has!  Just how deep do ya really want to go?  That's the crux of it all.  What's Fagan and the Fly gonna cost when it comes out w/Fagan in control?  THAT scares the crap outta me.  How about $150?  Will ya pay it?  Uggggggggggggggggggghhhh   :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

not for anyone. 

Easy to say.  I don't want to see you w/the first copy in here!  hahahaha  35 years ago the game plan was being formed for the majority of the big artists.  Higher prices, fewer shows over longer periods of time and people laffed.  Those same people are laying out the MAJOR bucks to see their shows.  Perfect examplle is my brother-in-law.  They named their first-born Mick after Jagggermeister.  Dad loves the Stones but they weren't going to go.  I told them they should have a lil family outing w/him and his wife.  They'd never seen them.  Told them I'd hook em up w/my seats for $2k.  They're both so tight they scoffed at me.  Bought some cheap seate out in BFE somewhere and they're happy.  What they didn't realize is this is it.  No Mas ever again.  So would you make a guest appearance count?  Doesn't really matter anymore though w/the virus and the tour cancelled.  $500 for me?  Heck no I'd find an empty Heineken keg backstage somewhere!  lol  Just amazes me too though.  Boils down to what ya have to have I guess.   Fagan and the Fly?  Yea, I'd prolly lay out the cash.  Then it would be Aja!  hahaha  :)

• Like 3

I saw them just about every tour then the tux thing started.  hahaha  There i was in my t shirt and jeans.  Pfffffft dime store millionaires all slicked back?   hahaha  Hey buddy how bout some peanuts to go with that high dollar beer your drinkin?  lol  I was almost as big of a pr_c_ as Fagan was!  Becker was ultra-cool though.   😂

pot.jpg

HAHAHA!

• Haha 4