Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

...I am sorry for posting this here, but I could not resist...........enjoying this like new recording of Kansas 'Power' on cassette, spinning on my vintage tape deck bought new back in the day and recently restored with 5 new belts !!IMG_7366.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tigerman said:

I am posting all this per usual over in RTM as well.................now listening to Side TWO..... IMG_7361.jpg

The RCA lps of that era were made for your hot-rod red turntable!

I'll have to look around but Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, Frank S, Bing's Christmas music compilations (with Burl Ives) and others were staples of my early years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks John............yeah, I was noticing those color co ordinations myself :lol: ....  Red label, red plinth, black vinyl, black tone arm :emotion-21:...

My all time fav color turntable was my FIRST RP-6..........I returned it right after I got it because it had a 'hum' that I was not sure was right....   It was WHITE :wub:......    I could have waited for another white one, but Music Direct had a replacement ready to go in RED, so I took it.....the rest as is history,  as they say....    :smile:

Enjoying side TWO of that Kansas cassette....   Amazed how good and clear it sounds :o...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Enjoying side TWO of that Kansas cassette....   Amazed how good and clear it sounds :o...

Not amazing to me! Kansas lps always sounded good, heck their concerts had good sound in different sized venues that I saw them in twice.

Amazing to me is the intricate sounds of classical instruments used to make great rock & roll music!

Too few have pulled that off well: the Who, Jethro Tull, Kansas :blush2:others that didn't leave the same impression on me.

• Like 3

Hear you there John......................   I saw Kansas a number of times in arenas....   I bought a Crumar T1 organ JUST because Steve Walsh was playing it !!!!   It was new on the market at the time and I saw his add in Contemporary Keyboard magazine which I had subscribed to for many years before it became 'Keyboard' magazine...    To quote Steve here.....  He said while posing with the Crumar organ, "Better then the B"   !!   Well, I just ordered it site unseen OR HEARD!

I ended up using it for a number of years with a full sized road worthy Leslie speaker in my early 80ies rock band, and of course, we covered a NUMBER of Kansas tunes because we had the 5 vocals AND the keyboards :D !

(ps - and Steve was always touring with a B3 until the Crumar T1 came along)

• Like 3

Ok everyone.............I am posting over in RTM but I wanted to share this recording with you here.....   This LP was available for a limited time at our local audio dealer back in 1973..........    I purchased 3 copies just to have for my library...    It was a joint effort between A&M studios and Altec Lansing speaker company promoting their products in studio use and for the home...

A compilation of sorts from the roster of musicians on the A&M label and engineered by the famous Larry Lavine  chief engineer..

Here is the cover art..... IMG_7373.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@Tigerman how is the music?

Tracklist

A1 Rick Wakeman Catherine Howard 6:36
A2 Rita Coolidge Journey Through The Past 3:27
A3 Strawbs Part Of The Union 2:55
A4 Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee Sail Away 3:50
A5 Sandy Denny Listen, Listen 3:36
B1 Joan Armatrading It Could Have Been Better 4:19
B2 Cheryl Dilcher High 2:44
B3 Lani Hall Sundown 3:30
B4 Paul Williams (2) That's Enough For Me 5:14
B5 Quincy Jones Summer In The City 4:05
  • Like 2

At 6:45pm. eastern time 10-2-17, I just learned of Tom Petty's passing............sad news, seems most of the rockers we know so well,  don't live much past their mid 60ies or early 70ies....   RIP Tom.....  -_-

• Sad 3

On 10/2/2017 at 6:51 PM, Tigerman said:

At 6:45pm. eastern time 10-2-17, I just learned of Tom Petty's passing............sad news, seems most of the rockers we know so well,  don't live much past their mid 60ies or early 70ies....   RIP Tom.....  -_-

I appreciate his music more that I did back then around `79 when I first heard his stuff.

F'n incredible how cbs botched this story, said he was gone in mid afternoon when he almost made it to the next day!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2