Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hello vinyl lovin' friends..............  I have been home enjoying my 4th vacation day here at home, able to get some puttering done etc.    Sold my Cambridge Audio preamp on the bay the other day....   Went to visit my Klipsch dealer and picked up the matching center and bi-polar surround speakers to outfit the 5.2 system in Music Hall correctly.

Audyssey did the set once again.   Vinyl can be enjoyed now in a multi-speaker config if needed...   I know we have posted some gear photos before here in Paul's space...

Here are some from yesterday which I posted in another forum... couple angles of the rack showing the new Reference Premier center speaker.  (and FINALLY happy with this rack layout..........) 

Under the reel to reel is room for MORE vinyl storage..... Julie London's  "Around Midnight" is the first album to reside there :)  Then a photo of the rear right surround and finally the new Marantz AVR....IMG_7396.jpg

...........another view.......IMG_7397.jpg

RP-450-S    This bi-polar design keeps the ambient sounds from beaming at your ears directly....IMG_7401.jpg

........The Marantz is setup with zone #2  named 'Dynaco'...  Fixed line level outs drive all the gear directly to the Dynaco PAS-2 preamp.  so all TUBES to the KH's are driven by the Marantz which is used as an input 'switcher' if you will, and allows for use of both turntables.   Dual TT goes to the PAS-2 phono stage, Rega is on the Marantz phono stage which sound VERY good..    All for now........VINYL TONIGHT from RTM.....   I know we are having a bit of a Tom Petty tribute at 10pm. Eastern...  See you later tonight/morning (for Paul ;))

NOTE:  The Rega powersupply/speed control sits atop the AVR...

IMG_7399.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello John............almost..........they are Conn 'pipe speakers'...  They are part of the Allen ADC-5000 concert organ in Music Hall...  Flagship 2 manual classical organ from 1986....... :)  I can send you a full photo in a Pmail if you would like to see it....

More tonight :emotion-21:

• Like 2

Cool. I have also heard some organs that could pretty well mimic the sound of a true half-mil$ pipe-organ. Allen was or maybe still is a big brand in all that.  Googled it and man that's a lot of stops and levers and buttons. That ADC-5000 looks to be a workout to play!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes @billybob That's one heck of a "Music Hall" and should sound even better way up there. Did not mention it's nice you're back up after that storm a couple weeks ago. We got some wind for a whole day and another half foot of rain here from it. Still no record player for me...I'm jonesin after two weeks without. Concrete Blonde "Bloodletting" on cd since my niece and nephew left in the last hour. 

Not too fond of that place in PA right now, cancelled my import lps I ordered a month ago that are God knows where today.

Now "Empty Glass" Half-Speed Mastered and "AJA" 180g import from the UK are already headed my way from a place near where Peyton played back when I watched that league that I don't anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Yes @billybob That's one heck of a "Music Hall" and should sound even better way up there. Did not mention it's nice you're back up after that storm a couple weeks ago. We got some wind for a whole day and another half foot of rain here from it. Still no record player for me...I'm jonesin after two weeks without. Concrete Blonde "Bloodletting" on cd since my niece and nephew left in the last hour. 

Not too fond of that place in PA right now, cancelled my import lps I ordered a month ago that are God knows where today.

Now "Empty Glass" Half-Speed Mastered and "AJA" 180g import from the UK are already headed my way from a place near where Peyton played back when I watched that league that I don't anymore.

Lol, that sounds like punk metal? Family and friends are cool.

Lp;s are in limbo land maybe, May show up in mail anyway...B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, billybob said:

Lol, that sounds like punk metal? Family and friends are cool.

Lp;s are in limbo land maybe, May show up in mail anyway...B)

Nope too late, those lps have not made it to the place I ordered them from yet. Ordered today from IN and they've already shipped to ME! The Blonde punk metal?.... not quite but they have my favorite on that lp, a friend I used to "spend time" with from up north turned me on to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry that I have been missing in action 

Its extra work related duties that required my expertise 

Its been work/ sleep work/ sleep 💤 

But I have followed the thread 

Now the bulk of the work is all finished I will try and get a spin in the Aust morning 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Sorry that I have been missing in action 

Its extra work related duties that required my expertise 

Its been work/ sleep work/ sleep 💤 

But I have followed the thread 

Now the bulk of the work is all finished I will try and get a spin in the Aust morning 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for being Missing In Action 

Work related matters required my expertise 

Anyway I’m back at it again in a short “time off”  gap 

Underrated album by critics due in part because it coincided with the rise of the punk rock genre 

Listen with an open mind and you will enjoy some individualy great tracks 

Also has a great cover 

Artist - Jethro Tull

Title - To Old To Rock “N” Roll = To Young To Die !

81EA2CB0-C0D3-4F9B-8A2E-9CC6162F26D0.jpeg

4D6164D8-C0E2-4118-9001-2B3D67C366AC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Sorry for being Missing In Action 

Work related matters required my expertise 

Anyway I’m back at it again in a short “time off”  gap 

Underrated album by critics due in part because it coincided with the rise of the punk rock genre 

Listen with an open mind and you will enjoy some individualy great tracks 

Also has a great cover 

Artist - Jethro Tull

Title - To Old To Rock “N” Roll = To Young To Die !

81EA2CB0-C0D3-4F9B-8A2E-9CC6162F26D0.jpeg

4D6164D8-C0E2-4118-9001-2B3D67C366AC.jpeg

• Like 1

Great to see you back Paul..................the forums were down until a short while ago!!  Down ALL DAY actually....   But, I will carry over some photos from yesterday's marathon here in Music Hall....   Very good friend of mine drove a couple hours in from Rhode Island to spend a day here, another official M.A.D.  (Music Appreciation Day) which has been held a couple times a year for some 25+ years now!!:emotion-29:

So, we spun lots of vinyl....   Photos coming shortly......  :)....

• Like 3

Ok, as earlier from last weekend, I dug out this Altec Lansing/A&M records joint effort promo LP...  I bought 3 of them as safety copies...   Here then, what started the official M.A.D. here in the Music Hall yesterday afternoon.......... IMG_7428.jpg

Sampling JUST the last track on side TWO........Quincy Jones and his version of Summer in the City.. IMG_7429.jpg

• Like 2