Eclipse corner horns $12K+

minermark

26 minutes ago, thebes said:

Bob and Michael Crites biting the hand that feeds them.

What makes you say that? I'm not seeing the connection.

BTW, The seller has posted these ads before. Can't believe the carelessness displayed by the out of focus low quality pictures! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Uh, no.

Oh, then get a B&W 801 matrix. I have owned 802 matrixes, and a friend of mine had owned 801's and seriously feed them the power and they will blow a stock Khorn for definition and clarity especially in the low bass and the high freq. Those woofers hit 18hz and the tweeters run easy to 28k hz. The only problem is, they drift all over the place for impedance and they are an inductive load.

Cool.

Srinath.

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I think you may have misinterpreted the listing Marty.....

Yeah on a closer examination I think you are right.  He says they are made by Bob and Mike, and he must be referring to the tweeter and horn. He then gives his name as Mike  and a phone number.

Also I don't think you can give out your phone number on a Ebay listing.

My apologies for jumping the gun.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 9:24 AM, Srinath said:

If you're dropping 13g a pair on some crap hammered in someone's garage, its easy to beat Khorns.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:34 AM, Srinath said:

rs run easy to 28k hz.

Humans can't hear that high Hz, but whales can....not that I am implying anything about you or your domestic partnership. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Humans can't hear that high Hz, but whales can....not that I am implying anything about you or your domestic partnership. 

Ha ha ha very funny and we do have a cute whale doll and no not one just in a whale tail.

The theory is, with a tweeter getting to 28k, it gets to 20 far more effortlessly. I can hear to 18k and my son just about 19. My wife is better than both of us by getting to 22 but you have to remember, it was on a speaker that has a 40k rated 3db cut off point, so it hits 20 k effortlessly.

The speakers tend to drift downward @ their upper limit and drift up @ the lower limit. You need to feed power for the lower limit, preferably in high current and use a high slew rate amp for the highs to work right.

Cool.

Srinath.

Eclipse has been around for a few years...not a "new" company.  As for patents...yes, the Klipschorn was patented...but the patent's "exclusivity" ran out on it decades ago.  As for Copyrights, there is no infringement on any Klipsch-owned copyrights.

As for high frequencies ABOVE 17,500 hz...what is the point?  Average human hearing does not go above that, at least not within the 3dB plus or minus realm of things.  Besides the highest MUSICAL note is only at or around 17,500 hz.

• Like 2