Weird Home Network Interferrence

artto

3 hours ago, cincymat said:

How are the TV and C446 connected now? Wireless or Ethernet cable?

I am thinking along the same lines. 

Artoo you mentioned the devices are TV upstairs, NAD downstairs.  Can you hard wire one or the other device?

+++

Also because the IP addresses are now static and the TV knocks the NAD offline, there must still be some handshaking between the TV and the NAD.  I'm wondering if you aren't describing the result and not the problem?

I'm casting a long suspicious look towards you, NAD.  :ph34r:

Can another device access the network, such as a laptop, after the TV is turned on?  You should check the router configuration before and after the TV is turned on.  Also find out if the DNS is being reset.  So you will need a device that can check this appropriately like a computer when the systems are up.  Find the IP of the C446 and see if it can be pinged after the TV is on.

Since this fails with the ethernet, it doesn't have to do with encryption or anything with the wireless.  Something definitely in the routing, even possibly a bad router.  Also make sure you allow the number of connects...

• Like 1

How to setup the Samsung Smart TV with a static IP address on your home network:

From the IP Settings screen, set IP Setting to Enter manually, enter IP Address, Subnet Mask,

Gateway, and the DNS Server values, and then select OK.

●● Use one of the two methods below to enter the numerical values.

Use the on-screen QWERTY keypad.

Press the 가상리모컨 and use the keys on the number panel.

IP Settings

IP Setting Enter manually

IP Address 0.0.0.0

Subnet Mask 0.0.0.0

Gateway 0.0.0.0

DNS Setting Enter manually

DNS Server 0.0.0.0

OK Cancel

The TV attempts to connect to the network again using the specified settings. A confirmation

message is then shown once a connection is established. Select OK to proceed. 

HTH.

16 hours ago, cincymat said:

How are the TV and C446 connected now? Wireless or Ethernet cable? Did you assign the reserved IP addresses in each component, TV and C446 via their respective setup menus? At least do that to the TV.  Still is acting like an IP address conflict. 

Have you tried to Ping the reserved addresses via a PC connected to your network? 

Have you tried to Ping the reserved addresses via a PC connected to your network? Yes

Did you assign the reserved IP addresses in each component, TV and C446 via their respective setup menus? At least do that to the TV.  Still is acting like an IP address conflict. Yes for TV. I don't think the C446 can be assigned a reserved IP Address in it's menu. It just shows how it's connected (IP, network name, etc.) At any rate the C446 is showing the Reserved IP Address from Comcast's Router/Gateway.

Have you tried to Ping the reserved addresses via a PC connected to your network? Yes. With either one off I can ping either device. With both on I can ping the TV. The C446 ping responds with "request timed out"

4 minutes ago, artto said:

Have you tried to Ping the reserved addresses via a PC connected to your network? Yes. With either one off I can ping either device. With both on I can ping the TV. The C446 ping responds with "request timed out"

Do tracert to C446 with the TV off and look at the IP addresses of any routers. In a home network I wouldn't expect you to see any. Then do the same thing for the TV with the C446 off. 

This might gives some clues as to how the router is sending the network traffic to each device. There's a routing conflict somewhere. 

2 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Can another device access the network, such as a laptop, after the TV is turned on?  You should check the router configuration before and after the TV is turned on.  Also find out if the DNS is being reset.  So you will need a device that can check this appropriately like a computer when the systems are up.  Find the IP of the C446 and see if it can be pinged after the TV is on.

Since this fails with the ethernet, it doesn't have to do with encryption or anything with the wireless.  Something definitely in the routing, even possibly a bad router.  Also make sure you allow the number of connects...

Can another device access the network, such as a laptop, after the TV is turned on? Yes. Any and all devices (15 total) work fine even it they're all on at the same time ~ EXCEPT the C446. C446 will not stream internet radio while the TV is ON

Also find out if the DNS is being reset. I set the DNS manually on the TV so it's "static" now.

So you will need a device that can check this appropriately like a computer when the systems are up. I have and have monitored the Gateway/Router settings

Find the IP of the C446 and see if it can be pinged after the TV is on. When the TV is ON I cannot ping the C446. It responds "Request timed out"

14 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Do tracert to C446 with the TV off and look at the IP addresses of any routers. In a home network I wouldn't expect you to see any. Then do the same thing for the TV with the C446 off. 

This might gives some clues as to how the router is sending the network traffic to each device. There's a routing conflict somewhere. 

Did tracert. You are correct, no router IP addresses

8 minutes ago, artto said:

Did tracert. You are correct, no router IP addresses

Ok, why won't the router find the NAD when the TV is on? That's the issue. Might have a corrupted routing table in memory. Is there a known way to clear it?  Press a reset button while unplugging the device? Leave it unplugged for several minutes? 

36 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Ok, why won't the router find the NAD when the TV is on? That's the issue. Might have a corrupted routing table in memory. Is there a known way to clear it?  Press a reset button while unplugging the device? Leave it unplugged for several minutes? 

I've turned off and unplugged the router, TV and C446 for 5+ minutes. Rebooted. Same problem :(

How about a bad Router????

1 hour ago, artto said:

I've turned off and unplugged the router, TV and C446 for 5+ minutes. Rebooted. Same problem :(

How about a bad Router????

If it's one you rent from the cable company have them exchange it. I read on another forum that solved a similar issue. 

Yes, the router is supplied by Comcast. It appears to be one of the newer models.

I put a service call in to have the Router replaced tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, artto said:

Yes, the router is supplied by Comcast. It appears to be one of the newer models.

I put a service call in to have the Router replaced tomorrow.

I gave up on "supplied modems and routers"; bought my own.

• Like 1

My adult son in Myrtle Beach had a combo modem/router supplied by Time Warner.  It was an OK unit and trouble free but they charged him $10 per month for it.  I replaced it with separates and got much higher performance and they will pay for themselves in a year.

• Like 1

The Router is an Arris TG1682G dual band.

I don't think I can un-bundle the Router from our service package, so I'll be paying for it either way.

OK, found out I can un-bundle the Router from Comcast services. -$10/month

Any recommendations on another Router to try should tomorrows Comcast replacement not work either? I'm thinking one of  the Netgear Nighthawk models

9 minutes ago, artto said:

OK, found out I can un-bundle the Router from Comcast services. -$10/month

Any recommendations on another Router to try should tomorrows Comcast replacement not work either? I'm thinking one of  the Netgear Nighthawk models

If you're interested. I have a NIB ASUS that I never used. I only took it out to examine the contents. Model RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320091

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tasdom said:

If you're interested. I have a NIB ASUS that I never used. I only took it out to examine the contents. Model RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900

Decent bang for buck!  Same model I installed for my Dad last year.

Here is the newer model https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Band-AC1750-4-Port-Gigabit-RT-AC66U-B1/dp/B01N08LPPP

On 3/29/2017 at 1:40 PM, Tasdom said:

FWIW, Comcast is coming out today to replace the router.

After a phone call with NAD, and after reading numerous reviews of supposedly excellent routers, similar issues appear to be experienced by lots of users after a few months. The NAD engineer also said if Comcast replaced the router it would probably clear things up - maybe for a couple months, and then I would probably start experiencing the same issue again. (makes sense since I didn't experience this for a while when I switched to Comcast about a year ago - and then started this problem, just like with AT&T).

In the meantime, after doing some research I decided to buy a Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC2600. After explaining my situation to the Best Buy sales rep, his suggestion was to continue using the Comcast router but change it to Bridged Mode and connect the Nighthawk to it. Is this a good idea? It seems like the Comcast router would still be the weak link, unless of course there's more to this that I don't understand yet (highly likely). I may still want to keep the Comcast router around as a backup (or purchase another far less expensive router later when needed for a backup). I just thought it was odd that so many people started having WiFi issues in particular after a few months even with the latest greatest routers. Also, while I really don't care about the phone land line, the Comcast "package" is cheaper with it, and I forgot about the printer/fax which I occasionally need the land line for (which the Nighthawk doesn't have).