Rodger Waters 2017 Tour; US - Them

Gilbert

Here's link for his upcoming tour schedule.... http://roger-waters.com/

I've not been to a lot of music concerts, maybe 7 or 8, and I know that location can play a big part of the experience, for example Red Rocks Amphitheatre. I have never been to a Pink Floyd or Rodger Water concert, but have enjoyed the music since I was first introduced, mid 70'ish. Missed a golden opportunity during my college years, when the unexpected played in Sarasota, FL, many moons ago, and don't intend to miss Rodger Waters for this time around.

If you were to consider one location as being prime, or the best place (w/o consideration to travel distance) to experience one of his concerts, which of the locations you attend..... If you're not into Floyd, forget about even trying to respond.

• Like 1

Wow, kickin' it off in KC although I have little desire to go. But I must say through all my concert days of yesteryear I have only been to one stadium show - Pink Floyed at Arrowhead KC. I had always wondered and assumed the sound at an outdoor stadium would be marginal at best, boy was I wrong. These sound guys know their shitt as it really was incredibly good. 

A good video that I ran across a few moons ago given by David Byrne (formerly of Talking Heads) that's related to music styles as influenced by venue type, from large arenas vs. small rooms.  This might shed some light on the reason why something like Red Rocks would be greatly preferred over, say, an enclosed football stadium:

Chris

• Like 1

I saw PF in a domed stadium around 1986, it sounded good. I saw Roger Waters at an outdoor amphitheater in 2006 and his sound was excellent. He seems like he wants it to sound good, Floyd and Waters would spend money on sound and visual.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Saw Roger Waters last year at Desert Trip, he was incredible, as was the sound which was his signature quad system.  Saw him two years ago in Dallas, indoors, also awesome.  CLAIR line arrays, all analog mixers (Midas) and amps, tube driven limiters, etc. He is very involved in his sound system and it shows.

I saw Pink Floyd a few times in massive indoor arenas, but the sound was still really good.  The Wall was when he started using quad and was very good in LA Sports Arena.

His shows are very visual and VERY political.

I’ve seen Roger twice.  Both times at The Hollywood Bowl.  Great sound...sounding just like an album. 

I was fortunate in that he kept his political crap mostly out of the show (with the exception of the messages written on the floating pig hanging over our heads); but, at least no political or anti-Christian rants. 

Musically, an exceptional show.  He had Snowy White playing guitar when i saw him and that dude is outstanding--Snowy is worth seeing himself.

Last year, I saw David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl...another great show. 

I would see David again in a heartbeat; but, i think Roger sounded quite a bit better. I was once solidly in Rogers camp; but, am now solid in David’s camp.

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I’ve seen Roger twice.  Both times at The Hollywood Bowl.  Great sound...sounding just like an album. 

I was fortunate in that he kept his political crap mostly out of the show (with the exception of the messages written on the floating pig hanging over our heads); but, at least no political or anti-Christian rants. 

Musically, an exceptional show.  He had Snowy White playing guitar when i saw him and that dude is outstanding--Snowy is worth seeing himself.

Last year, I saw David Gilmour at the Hollywood Bowl...another great show. 

I would see David again in a heartbeat; but, i think Roger sounded quite a bit better. I was once solidly in Rogers camp; but, am now solid in David’s camp.

The Pig has most definitely been repainted and he has large screen across the front to touch on any current events

I don't think you can go wrong, just seem him wherever you can. I saw him play The Wall at Fenway Park in 2012 and it was an experience I will never forget. Truly an unforgettable concert experience. 

He's playing the Pepsi Center here in Denver, I wish he was at Red Rocks instead!!!

IMG_0642.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did it, got my tickets..... Finally.  Most expensive tickets I purchased in my life, but I'm going with a bud. We got the diamond pkg, second row, seats 19 & 20, freakin' center stage..... San Antonio AT&T Center.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Did it, got my tickets..... Finally.  Most expensive tickets I purchased in my life, but I'm going with a bud. We got the diamond pkg, second row, seats 19 & 20, freakin' center stage..... San Antonio AT&T Center.

Congrats....great seats. I'll bet that will be an experience.

I saw Fernando Alonso turn 110 laps in an IndyCar last week, did a best lap of 222.5 mph

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Darn good concert, and certainly one of the best I've ever been to. Sound quality was perfect. Wide selection of songs including his new album.6f8503c1d38042d56148d164a1abec50.jpg19ad1f55247f888f7a7a477d8d5f7eea.jpg561dc8d9059daa1d6f4f451681b35663.jpgc9d81acb70bb404080d05f8747387f5d.jpg9342bda586a624c48369b86590e39f9d.jpgca4afca364cb60331d434818d8cf97fe.jpg60f6ee7f0f83748a0134e77b16d905da.jpgb91f4a994064bef039d2750046d03c89.jpg7fa27139c02f8345c73cb27978831ffd.jpg738498bdef563fb17d6d9a478d2f2953.jpg3c11e58acf3c1dd0315b9a9844012419.jpgdb8fd3001b8f2c1e103150d9e8c5d338.jpg347c0689e615eb1086e7dd10bc29b863.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 3