Cornwall II...should I?

svberger

14 minutes ago, svberger said:

I've been advised that getting them into the room and away from the walls might produce better results. 

Can't say that I agree with that advice.  Cornwalls are meant to be nearer corners and walls, not further away, but not fully "pressed in" either.  I would advise your rack in the right of the photo be pulled away further, a thicker rug be placed closer to the speakers and which spans the entire width between the outer edges of each speaker, and the couch or chair on the left of the photo be pulled further away.  All, if possible, of course.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Can't say that I agree with that advice.  Cornwalls are meant to be nearer corners and walls, not further away, but not fully "pressed in" either.  I would advise your rack in the right of the photo be pulled away further, a thicker rug be placed closer to the speakers and which spans the entire width between the outer edges of each speaker, and the couch or chair on the left of the photo be pulled further away.  All, if possible, of course.

For better or worse, most of  your advice is not going to happen. The rack I may be able to move another couple of feet over, but that will probably be it.  Couch might be able to be moved back a smidge, but no additional rug is forthcoming. My wife enjoys the wood floor(as do I) and wants to be able to see it. And frankly, they sound excellent to my 60 year old ears whether pulled out or further back. We're only talking about a couple of feet give or take, and the rest of my system is not what one would describe as very resolving(nor do I want/need it to be). So what little moving of the CW's I can do without much effort I'm happy to mess with. But pretty much what you see is what I get. 

Edited by svberger
  • Like 1

Just remember, that's how the Cornwall got its name. To be used in the corner or against the wall (Corn-Wall). If the ports were in the rear of the cabinet, they would benefit from being pulled out from the wall/corner a bit. Same for speakers with a rear facing passive radiator.

10 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Just remember, that's how the Cornwall got its name. To be used in the corner or the wall (Corn-Wall). If the ports were in the rear of the cabinet, they would benefit from being pulled out from the wall/corner a bit. Same for speakers with a rear facing passive radiator.

So what is the origin of cornhole?

Hello SV!  Congratulations :emotion-21::emotion-21::emotion-21:

Looks very nice in that room as others have mentioned, so I second that :D

I also see a 'Dual' TT on the shelf ;)     

Great on the Dynaco MK3's....   They will be very nicely paired with those...   I have my pair driving the KH's with great success, you'll love the sound!

Just sold a surviving unaltered pair of MK3's on the 'bay'..........that allowed me to order a beautiful pair of RP-280F towers this week which arrived Friday and listening to them right now as I write....  :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying them. Been switching between my Mac 1700 and a Sherwood S8900a. Both beautiful matches, but I am looking forward to getting the Dynaco's in the mix. Just waiting for the tech do finish up with them. 

Yes that's a Dual 1019. Great table, as is the AR XA that I also use often(I like that one so much I recently bought a very early AR TX very early, 2 motor version). 

Had a blast listening to all kinds of great acoustic/bluegrass music over the air from the Strawberry Music Fest in Grass Valley, CA over the weekend. These speakers love that stuff, and they fill the room and make me feel like I was sitting in the meadow with the sun shining down right there at the front of the stage. Wonderful. 

Edited by svberger
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Guys that isn't cool. Sorry, but this guy is going through hell right now. I started this thread to discuss my speakers. That's all. I really don't want it devolving into making fun of a fellow human being that's hurting. Not here. If you must please do it somewhere else. 

Thanks 

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, svberger said:

Pulled them out about 2.5 feet from the wall, and moved my rack away a little from the right speaker as I do what little experimentation I can with them. I've been advised that getting them into the room and away from the walls might produce better results. 

Always good advice to be found here. Experimenting is a good thing. That said, you can always try up nearer the window, although picture may show that done already. Really nice speakers and welcome to the forum.

• Like 1