Car Thread

burninator

Mine Mustang V6 2010 Candy Red, with European taillights, amber blinkers 😜 not red light blinkers sequential US 😭

338622042_2017886611876206_6136304684709303090_n.jpg.ee6ee024c09238dbf09869a379719700.jpg

It's an electronics engineer buddy who made me the plans of the box with resistors and a control transistor, because it was necessary to demultiplex the electrical information of the Osram system with LEDs which make position lights, stop lights and flashing lights sequential on the same 3 led bulbs. Then the turn signal signal was sent to an amber bulb, via a power relay instead of one of the two reversing lights.

Edit: I forgot to say that the car is imported from the USA in 2011, but not by Ford and here in Europe the American red flashing lights are prohibited: so we modify the lights in European version ourselves for the homologation and the movement certificate

NEW-OEM-Ford-Inner-Most-Tail-Light-LED.w

☺️

• Like 2

Let’s turn back the clock 

Location Australia 

Years Early 70s 

A couple of cars that were owned by family members 

Torana SLR5000 / V8 

1367.jpg?20200624032429

But this Torana was the next model 

We raced it in 1/4 mile drags 

$_75.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 3:00 PM, Invidiosulus said:

My little baby needs a water pump.24CDDCAE-C858-482B-B1A6-5DED085869C1.thumb.jpeg.0a2bb8fc775c9415cef6d1857c652fce.jpeg

is it a daihatsu?

Brought me back for a minute. There is this  guy we call Officer TJ Hook-Worm always after us giving  parking tickets. I have to switch the cars parked on Tuesdays and Thursdays street sweeping. That was alot of fun. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Let’s turn back the clock 

Location Australia 

Years Early 70s 

A couple of cars that were owned by family members 

Torana SLR5000 / V8 

1367.jpg?20200624032429

But this Torana was the next model 

We raced it in 1/4 mile drags 

$_75.JPG

are they collectible?

28 minutes ago, CCG said:

is it a daihatsu?

Brought me back for a minute. There is this  guy we call Officer TJ Hook-Worm always after us giving  parking tickets. I have to switch the cars parked on Tuesdays and Thursdays street sweeping. That was alot of fun. 

It’s a 1989 Suzuki Carry.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 2:11 AM, Shimei said:

Nothing really special. A 2012 Hyundai Sonata with 18 inch rims and tires. A Rockford Fosgate 500watt amp and 2 MTX 12 in subs that complement the factory stereo:

image_625.jpg.b48a0e6632c9812ab09388b9dd848310.jpg 1.44 MB · 0 downloads

'Love Rockford Fosgate amps. Bought mine all the way for the 80's and still running perfect.

Touchdown.. I finally scored a NOS tape cassette / tuner for the prius grocery getter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

One of the cars that I owned and gave me lots of endless enjoyment was 

Alfa Romeo Sud TI ( this one in the photo was like my model ) 

This little car hugged the road like glue 

But they had a rust problem 

M_Senza-titolo-6.jpg

Nice Wheels 😍

I also had a 2000 Alfa Romeo 156 with telephone wheels, sports chassis, high-end Momo interior in Saddles leather, 3-spoke sports steering wheel, carbon insert on the center console: it is sold now !

Sorry, I don't have a better photo : No rust on mine, there it is in the rain, but for me a fairly dry Mediterranean climate with beautiful sunshine!

DSC_0534.thumb.JPG.3378ced37ecebf60ab6c5263fdc4f8db.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCG said:

'Love Rockford Fosgate amps. Bought mine all the way for the 80's and still running perfect.

Touchdown.. I finally scored a NOS tape cassette / tuner for the prius grocery getter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Nice Blaupunkt, there was a nice car radio with this beautiful blue dot in my father's Ford Germany Taunus 15M when I was a child, it was around 1970 and I'm in France

Same, it's internet pic

48969949756_a1b7f8f512_b.jpg

• Like 1

Then I purchased a Merc like the one in the photo 

A Mercedes 280 E for the wife while I drive the BMW 

Kids were on the way 

This car drove thousands of Kms without issues and comfort 

Did many road trips from Brisbane to Newcastle 1000 Km each way to visit my family 

ebay908144.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/20/2022 at 4:08 AM, JJkizak said:

Curious because when he first started out it sounded like he was in 5th gear.

JJK

JJK was asking about the gearbox in the Gas Monkey GT, the one that went 310 mph/500 km/hr.  I would suspect that it sounded that way because the gearing was higher than would be used on the street or on most racetracks.  That's probably why it also sounds like there's a big gap between every gear, even with six gears.  That seemed strange, too, but the taller the overall gearing, the bigger the gaps between gears and the greater the RPM drop after every shift .

The other possibility is that the highly tuned engine has a very narrow power band, so that it sounds a bit sluggish (relatively speaking, of course) at the start and after every shift.  Maybe it needs an 8-speed, lol.

• Like 2