Drones, I hate them....

ACV92

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

If you can hit a flying drone with an air rifle, you should be trying out for the US Olympic team...

They normally hover in place.  Shouldn't be too hard. Even someone with your limited shooting skills could probably pull it off.

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They normally hover in place.  Shouldn't be too hard. Even someone with your limited shooting skills could probably pull it off.

Too bad I sold all of my equipment, would be a fun activity at Rodney's.

Just now, jimjimbo said:

Too bad I sold all of my equipment, would be a fun activity at Rodney's.

We could strap bullseyes on Mike and Michaels back and turn them loose.  We could call it the Arkansas Running Man contest.  First place gets a Klipsch t-shirt.

Wow!  I didn't know how restrictive they were becoming!  I looked this up because I couldn't believe you wouldn't be allowed a pellet gun anywhere except a more heavily populated city.  

"Target practices, shooting matches or other such activities are prohibited in the city except upon express permission therefor given by the chief of police in his discretion. When any such activity has been permitted by the chief, it shall be conducted pursuant to and under such conditions and regulations promulgated therefor by the chief of police."

And what kind of BS is this???!!   A person couldn't even teach their kid safe shooting legally.  

Discharging Air Gun, Etc.

Any person within the limits of this City who shall discharge any BB gun which expels a projectile by means of a spring, air or any other means, paintball gun or air gun or shall shoot any pebble, bullet, slug, arrow or other hard substance by means of a sling, crossbow, rubber band or bow or any other means shall be deemed guilty of an ordinance violation.

1 minute ago, muel said:

Sounds like we can shoot a rubber band but you better not put anything IN that rubber band!

That would be a sling shot, no no no.

I had a wrist rocket in my younger days.  It was basically a high tech sling shot that used latex tubes for propulsion.  I'm certain I could take one down with that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, muel said:

Wow!  I didn't know how restrictive they were becoming!  I looked this up because I couldn't believe you wouldn't be allowed a pellet gun anywhere except a more heavily populated city.  

"Target practices, shooting matches or other such activities are prohibited in the city except upon express permission therefor given by the chief of police in his discretion. When any such activity has been permitted by the chief, it shall be conducted pursuant to and under such conditions and regulations promulgated therefor by the chief of police."

And what kind of BS is this???!!   A person couldn't even teach their kid safe shooting legally.  

Any person within the limits of this City who shall discharge any BB gun which expels a projectile by means of a spring, air or any other means, paintball gun or air gun or shall shoot any pebble, bullet, slug, arrow or other hard substance by means of a sling, crossbow, rubber band or bow or any other means shall be deemed guilty of an ordinance violation.

Totally depends on your local, city, state laws/ordinances.  In many places there is absolutely nothing regulating air guns.

1 hour ago, muel said:

Someone with deep pockets should challenge this in court.