Parkinson's Disease...Anyone else?

jorjen

7 minutes ago, jorjen said:

Thanks for the advice Mark. Good advice indeed.

But more than that I sincerely Thank You for your service to me and our country. You have my appreciation and gratitude but most of all you have my respect. I am sorry I have not told you this before now, forgive me.

It's ALL good my man

Trust me, hang in here, you will do well.

None of us is going anywhere too soon.

Keep your weight down eat any gd dam thing you want.

We, will always be here for Ya, BOXX still pissies me off, he did not confide in us, we may have been able to ride his azz,

and gotten a few more years of wisdom out of him.

not the end of the world, i could have said that long time ago......turn up the tunes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Jorjren,

Thank you for sharing this.  It helps you and it helps others.

For those who haven't had the opportunity to see your craftsmanship, I've taken the liberty to attach photos of your handy work.  I'll toot your horn (pun intended, as always) for you.  You're an inspiration in many ways.  Thank you.

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

Wow Neil, I don't know what to say. You are more than kind my friend.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, minermark said:

It's ALL good my man

Trust me, hang in here, you will do well.

None of us is going anywhere too soon.

Keep your weight down eat any gd dam thing you want.

We, will always be here for Ya, BOXX still pissies me off, he did not confide in us, we may have been able to ride his azz,

and gotten a few more years of wisdom out of him.

not the end of the world, i could have said that long time ago......turn up the tunes.

Thanks Man. I miss BOXX being around.

• Like 1

I would like to start a separate thread about Sleep Apnea. I was diagnosed 7-8 years ago via a Sleep Study with severe Apnea. Problem is I cannot use my ResMed CPAP and could use some advice.

Anyone object?

Best wishes and prayers to everyone in this thread, seems life isn't perfect for any of us. Every day as boring and laid back or busy and frustrating it can be is always better on this side of the soil. I have had a rough ten years myself. From losing my mom to a PE in 07 to losing my stepson ( I have been his dad since he was 18 months old) to suicide a couple of years back, life is always throwing us curve balls. My health has been a roller coaster ride and I had the scare of lymphoma a few years back that really put everything in perspective. Life is fragile, enjoy it while you can. Make the most of your time with loved ones because you never know when tragedy can strike. 

I appreciate all of the wonderful people i have met in the forums, both in here and in the Emotiva forum. I spend most o my time in here since I work from home. Most of my friends are still back in Canada and I rarely see them, if at all....even though it is only a forty five minute drive. People without kids rarely want to see people with kids, or so it seems. I chatted with a couple of forum members here yesterday in regards to an online auction, and i have to say it is awesome that some of you....or most of you seem to have friends or family to rely upon. My only living relative is my sister back in Canada and she is a life long addict. She nearly died before Christmas because of horrible infections and pneumonia. Her lungs were filling up with fluid as fast as they could drain them. She had been serving a 90 day jail term for third offence drug distribution. Had she not have been in jail she would probably have died at home. In her cell the guards noticed her erratic breathing while she slept and sent her to get checked out. Not only did they find her lungs closing up on her but she has pieces of her kidneys floating around in her urine due to the borax, rat poison and everything else people cut cocaine and crack with. After spending nearly the whole two months of her sentence in the hospital she was released and at least to this point, she has been clean. My dad passed way back in 90 from a massive heart attack, on the first day of his vacation. My inlaws all live in Florida or Virginia and we barely see them. Most of my neighbors are in competition with each other and I cannot be bothered with the selfishness I witness daily. In a nutshell, With two teenage girls I kind of have my hands full. My sixteen yr old knows more than everyone else and is putting us through the ringer right now. She is hitched to the wrong friends and is undergoing counselling to try to straighten her life out. When she was younger I always felt content that she was going to turn out perfect, she always knew right from wrong and did a lot of teaching to my younger daughter as they grew up together. She seems to be in seclusion now and has very few friends, no good ones to speak of. My 13 yr old on the other hand was a terror when she was younger, and I feared her growing up and out of control. Now the 13 year old is on a good path, lots of friends and very social. Funny how things change.

I count on my interactions and online friendships I have made here in the forums to help me on my way. I have more fun here than anywhere else and I appreciate the friendships and fun interactions i have with you all.

Tim.    

1 hour ago, teaman said:

I count on my interactions and online friendships I have made here in the forums to help me on my way. I have more fun here than anywhere else and I appreciate the friendships and fun interactions i have with you all.

Tim.    

Well said!  I agree!  This forum has far much more going for it than Klipsch Loudspeakers.  It is truly a wonder what happens here and in the periphery of the forum as far as personal interactions goes!  This forum is a release from stresses of daily life in the most NORMALLY unimaginative manner one would expect on a form of "social media" disguised as something else (which I see it as having become over the years).  I defy anyone to name any other corporate-sponsored forum of any kind that has these properties.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teaman said:

Best wishes and prayers to everyone in this thread, seems life isn't perfect for any of us. Every day as boring and laid back or busy and frustrating it can be is always better on this side of the soil. I have had a rough ten years myself. From losing my mom to a PE in 07 to losing my stepson ( I have been his dad since he was 18 months old) to suicide a couple of years back, life is always throwing us curve balls. My health has been a roller coaster ride and I had the scare of lymphoma a few years back that really put everything in perspective. Life is fragile, enjoy it while you can. Make the most of your time with loved ones because you never know when tragedy can strike. 

I appreciate all of the wonderful people i have met in the forums, both in here and in the Emotiva forum. I spend most o my time in here since I work from home. Most of my friends are still back in Canada and I rarely see them, if at all....even though it is only a forty five minute drive. People without kids rarely want to see people with kids, or so it seems. I chatted with a couple of forum members here yesterday in regards to an online auction, and i have to say it is awesome that some of you....or most of you seem to have friends or family to rely upon. My only living relative is my sister back in Canada and she is a life long addict. She nearly died before Christmas because of horrible infections and pneumonia. Her lungs were filling up with fluid as fast as they could drain them. She had been serving a 90 day jail term for third offence drug distribution. Had she not have been in jail she would probably have died at home. In her cell the guards noticed her erratic breathing while she slept and sent her to get checked out. Not only did they find her lungs closing up on her but she has pieces of her kidneys floating around in her urine due to the borax, rat poison and everything else people cut cocaine and crack with. After spending nearly the whole two months of her sentence in the hospital she was released and at least to this point, she has been clean. My dad passed way back in 90 from a massive heart attack, on the first day of his vacation. My inlaws all live in Florida or Virginia and we barely see them. Most of my neighbors are in competition with each other and I cannot be bothered with the selfishness I witness daily. In a nutshell, With two teenage girls I kind of have my hands full. My sixteen yr old knows more than everyone else and is putting us through the ringer right now. She is hitched to the wrong friends and is undergoing counselling to try to straighten her life out. When she was younger I always felt content that she was going to turn out perfect, she always knew right from wrong and did a lot of teaching to my younger daughter as they grew up together. She seems to be in seclusion now and has very few friends, no good ones to speak of. My 13 yr old on the other hand was a terror when she was younger, and I feared her growing up and out of control. Now the 13 year old is on a good path, lots of friends and very social. Funny how things change.

Tim.    

Well said and received Tim.

Man, you have been through some shite my friend and far more than I. For that I am truly sorry. Sounds like things are coming around though. I wish you the best.

I guess if I did a ten year recap I have a few things. Just life though.

Started with losing my Mom. Then being diagnosed with high blood pressure and Sleep Apnea.Then comes the PD in late 2015. Then three days after the PD diagnosis I roll sprained my left ankle and tore some shite up. I am a Water Operator in our City and I did it responding to a call-out on Standby. Tried to work on it for almost a year(stubborn, old-school Bastard I am). On 12/29/2016 I could no longer walk nor tolerate the pain, through my hands up and have been off work since that time. My right ankle is now screwed up as well due to compensatory injuries.

Anyway, just had the first of four scheduled(two weeks apart)ankle surgeries on 06/23 with the last one scheduled for 08/11. It will take five months of recovery and rehab from the last surgery to light duty at work so I am most likely looking at January for the left ankle. The right ankle will require surgery as well. Just don't know how extensive yet.

IMG_0321.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jorjen said:

My right ankle is now screwed up as well due to compensatory injuries.

So, in other words John, you don't have a leg to stand on.  :-)

I hope you can, at least, park in the blue spaces in the mean time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

So, in other words John, you don't have a leg to stand on.  :-)

I hope you can, at least, park in the blue spaces in the mean time.

Nary a one now my friend! Thank God for this Knee Scooter. Hope my right one can hold up as a propeller.

I could have done the blue space deal Neil. I qualify at this time but just could not do it. I would rather see them empty than take up a spot that someone else may truly need. I have strong feelings on this topic.

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@teaman said,  " . . . She always knew right from wrong . . ."

She still does.  She'll come around.  Were you always making good choices at her age?

As stupid as it sounds, I was a good kid. I knew early on what a headache my sister was going to turn out to be. I didn't want to put any more stress on my mom so I pretty much toed the line and kept my nose clean...outside a few too drunk to spit out a sentence nights. No addictions, no bad habits, in fact I think my interest in audio since my teen years forward gave me a hobby that I really didn't need friends for. Nobody to really steer me wrong. While my friends were dropping $100's at the strip clubs I was sipping a single beer and buying AV equipment with the money I saved. Funny thing, all these years later my friends of yesteryear are still living paycheck to paycheck and I am still on the straight and narrow. I think i just figured out why I have no friends...I am no fun!

Tim

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Most here are unfamiliar with the Windsor Ballet.

I was not nearly as familiar with it as my buddies, thankfully. Although some of the guests were fairly entertaining. I should add I was only in there for the music!:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

My great grandfather had it.  My grandfather had it.  My dad had it.  I'll probably get it.  yay.  

I sure as Hell hope not Man. I am going to bet against it happening.

This has been some really good stuff you Guys, thanks for everything. I wish all of you that are also having troubles the absolute best! Hell, even you Guys that are not having trouble for that matter. HaHa.

A funny thought just ran through my head and is relative to hand tremors.

As long as I can drop the stylus in the groove of a nice piece of vinyl without rippin' the tonearm right off my table then I am good to go!