What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

.including a beautiful pair of LaSalas which I had never seen in person before TODAY!...

Did you get a chance to listen to them ?

15 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

and then there is me

Well, that's different, we usually just see your hands.....when cooking. :D

• Like 2

.........and here, some photos with the pair, WITH grills, and the KH as a backdrop IMG_4934_zpsgvyn9p2w.jpg........grills removed....IMG_4933_zpsre0rs6i5.jpg.....   I bought these SIGHT UNSEEN/HEARD....   I had nothing to go by except the really nice video presentation of the RP series release by Mark Casavant and his associates at Klipsch AND the many youTube reviews and demos...    So, now, with a brand new woody 'aroma' sensed here in Music Hall, and after HOURS of tweaking their placement, they really sound wonderful....  The bass is as described, the highs via the new Tractix tweeter horn are smooth.   The sound stage and stereo imaging is wider and fuller then the Klipschorns via direct, real time AB comparo...    If anyone has questions concerning them, they can send me a private message and I will be sure to answer...    OK, thats it for now, thanks taking in the little 'tour'....   Good times :D

• Like 5

Thank you Husky!   Anytime you want to take a little trip to MA. and visit Music Hall, you are most welcome!   Spend a day, bring your favorite music, have some refreshments and kick back with the various sounds of Klipsch in a space tuned for them...  ;)

Just Pmail me and we can make a plan....   Dave and his dad from my where I bought these today are looking forward to stopping by for an afternoon to have a listen to these in a different setting then in their showroom...  Should be a fun time..

Well, with that it is MIDNIGHT as you can see by your clock.....  So, I am off to bed for now...   Again thank you for your compliments...

Good night to all.......-_-

Hey there Prince............don't you just LOVE your RP series?  Thanks for sharing your system with us.......:emotion-21:

Yes, I Love it! They are very musical specially with acoustic songs. I listen to both English and Spanish so I have many more options [emoji41]. Just have to pair them with the right equipment like everything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Well what I got is not as exciting as Roy's......I mean Gary's purchase.  Very fine addition my friend!  I found a large area rug for the music room.  I found it on a neighborhood web site and the colors were near perfect.  It is large as well 13'x9.5'. 

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

IMG_2013.JPG

• Like 3

Went to an estate sale and there were the "other" legendary speakers that I've been itching to hear. Hurumph.IMG_20170607_113904.jpg.d983f091e4bccfab04a0525da3eb56f9.jpg

Pioneer HPM-100's. 

Not a deal by any sense but fair market value so I took them home to see for myself. 

Right out of the gate the right speaker exhibited static, pops etc. I was bummed as the little green tag at the sale said "Works great"! Followed quickly by "all sales are final". I should have known. <_<

Lucky for me I got to thinking maybe it was the contacts or the mid/high pots. So I sprayed & lubed everything and let it sit for ten minutes. It worked! 

Wow. I'm pleasantly surprised. Nothing earth shaking but very nice. So I played the same song back to back against the Bell's & HPM's. Even my wife said "those sound really good". I agreed. Certainly has sparkle on the top end and good mids & bass. A tad bright and forward sounding just a touch but nothing that would give listener fatigue. Awhile ago I had the Realistic Mach Ones and these Pioneer have a tighter grip on music than the Mach.  

Might keep them as a second bedroom system. Hehe.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!