What I Got Today!

Brac

35 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

What's the capacity of your front loader, 1 yard?

lol, yea. I'm saving them the company handling the contract for the county a bunch of time and money by taking it off their hands rather than dumping it 30 miles away, so they've actually volunteered to assist me with handling the material on my property. going to send one of their big front loaders over to help move a bunch of it to my ravines and spread some of it out.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Roughly 8,000 yds of tree mulch. Some cedar, some oak. Will take probably most the week to get it all, but here's the start...

Be ready by nest summer at the latest, you will have a treeline wherever you put it, and just hope there was not any other kinds of trees where they cut, especially popcorn trees, don't know the real name.

Years ago I got some of that stuff, every type of junk tree grew out of it. Good for compost but full of seeds, with any luck you are getting it at an off time of the year for seeds ?

Once we seen trucks digging out all the local ditches, we asked about where they dumped and they said local if homeowners let us. I said you can dump right around the corner, he came and within a week we had about 50 yards of topsoil, plus a few beer cans and bottles. But it was pretty good overall, it went to fill little holes and I just piled up the rest to use as needed. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@Thaddeus Smith

Eight......THOUSAND....... cubic yards?

To put this into perspective for the casual observer thats over 660, 12 yard dump truck loads.

I hope it serves you well bro & best of luck with moving all that material. 

But it's fluffy :o It will be about 3000 after it compost, maby.

13 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

@Thaddeus Smith

Eight......THOUSAND....... cubic yards?

To put this into perspective for the casual observer thats over 660, 12 yard dump truck loads.

I hope it serves you well bro & best of luck with moving all that material. 

That was their estimate. The county is widening and paving the road that feeds into my private road. It's about a 2 mile horseshoe shape... Lotsa trees lined it and needed to be knocked down for the widening.

After two days of dumping I'm scaling back. Already filled two ravines with the predominantly dirt bottom layers and have a 7-10ft high, 12ft wide, 30ft long pile of cedar mulch. Will get another pile about that big and then be done.. It's still about 1/3rd of the estimated 8000 cubic yds, but any more of that and I'll just have more than I can handle or offload in the next few years. No need to be greedy, right?

I always loved those old Nikon.

Now days, unless I can afford a Hassleblad X1D, I DON'T think I am going to get another camera. Cell phones are really good for intermediate quality photographs.

41 minutes ago, Schu said:

I always loved those old Nikon.

Now days, unless I can afford a Hassleblad X1D, I think I am going to get another camera. Cell phones are really good for intermediate quality photographs.

nice !

when I caught crimson in 96 @ Springfield mass.

their where about 40 photographers with large format camera's..

I think it was for the cover of thrakattak...

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!