What I Got Today!

Brac

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

lemme see the thickness.. that doesn't look like texas toast from this angle.

Doesn't look like Texas thickness T-Bone either! and boy you know better than to spell Texas lower case

• Like 1

A1UC is in Wisconsin, not Texas, or is it texas, just to remind 'y'all'.  Montana's not so bad, where I'm at the next couple of days, for steaks either.  A lot of ranches here.  Our cattle though are seasoned, literally, always interesting to see a cattle drive running up one of the passes in the middle of Winter.  I want to see some Texan cowboys drive cattle in subfreezing weather in a snow storm.  Git-R-Done.

18 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

I want to see some Texan cowboys drive cattle in subfreezing weather in a snow storm.

You asked; we have all the extremes. Bottle feeding orphans at 0500 before school was not my favorite chore. Spent my youth here on what was then the 777 ranch.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Novice,+TX+79538/@33.8146173,-95.3263875,1192m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86571e02e3739807:0x465d3dd27959cc9!8m2!3d31.9895873!4d-99.6236862

Cattle drive.jpg

Longhorn.jpg

• Like 1

@dtr20 - I'm with BlueHusky79.  I'd love to hear some reviews of that Monoprice unit.  What are you running with it?  I'm just wondering if something like that would be good as an entry level tube amp to see what I've been missing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, USNRET said:

You asked; we have all the extremes. Bottle feeding orphans at 0500 before school was not my favorite chore>

Yeah, but a Montana winter for you would be like a Texas summer for me.  I've been in 24 below with no wind chill here, at mile high in Butte.  Believe me it's not fun.  Kind of like the humidity you guys get there, I would be dying. 

Question though, did you ever serve on the Nimitz?  A buddy of mine's Dad was head of air traffic control and the fire department on it back in high school.  We got the grand tour when it was docked in Bremerton, WA.  What a vessel.  Standing on the flight deck was unreal.  Just don't lean back to far when climbing the ladders, those darn hang bars will realign your neck for you.  Don't ask me how I know.

40 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Yeah, but a Montana winter for you would be like a Texas summer for me.  I've been in 24 below with no wind chill here, at mile high in Butte.  Believe me it's not fun.  Kind of like the humidity you guys get there, I would be dying. 

I do NOT like cold. A year in Maine, much time on Adak, Alaska and three years in Iceland drove me to warmer climate. I remember my first winter in Maine. 50 below and when I went back in from preflight I was stupid, drew out my comb to remove the snow and ice from my beard and ended up combing out face flesh.

Going from albino in Iceland to burned in the sand ever so often was not so pleasant but I settled on having a job in warmth and wind and mosquitoes and eyeball liberty of the beach babes.

40 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

Question though, did you ever serve on the Nimitz?

A lot of my fellow shipmates here will crucify me for this but in 23 years I never set foot on a Navy vessel other than the Arizona Memorial. I requested orders to the U.S.S. Midway to get sea time but due to my 'specialty' I was told that I would have to sign papers to permanently be designated as a non-volunteer from my job and that would not be seen in good light.

• Like 2

@USNRET - So, you know climate.  I've never served in the armed forces, my Grandfather and Uncle were Navy men, but to me Navy was Sea, Land, and Air.  So, if they had you land based, that's where they needed you, no questions.  Nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 3:06 PM, jimjimbo said:

Another pair of mahogany 30's...?  Aww, you poor soul.....

Jim, I've got your Heresy's dialed with a pair of Mahogany KLF-20's.

To stretch their legs a bit, tonight's program was Bela Fleck's Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. Track 4 had me re-examining the ceiling for previously repaired cracks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Jim, I've got your Heresy's dialed with a pair of Mahogany KLF-20's.

To stretch their legs a bit, tonight's program was Bela Fleck's Flight of the Cosmic Hippo. Track 4 had me re-examining the ceiling for previously repaired cracks.

Sweet, very happy you like them!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ACV92 said:

@USNRET - So, you know climate.  I've never served in the armed forces, my Grandfather and Uncle were Navy men, but to me Navy was Sea, Land, and Air.  So, if they had you land based, that's where they needed you, no questions.  Nothing wrong with that.

No prob here at this point in my life; it worked out. Somewhere in the forum is my dad and grandfather's photo of their USN time but I won't use bandwidth for those again.

Back to the important stuff; I want to see new stuff obtained by our members!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, USNRET said:

A lot of my fellow shipmates here will crucify me for this but in 23 years I never set foot on a Navy vessel other than the Arizona Memorial.

That's OK, I did enough for the both of us.....and happy to do it.

Just now, USNRET said:

No prob here at this point in my life; it worked out. Somewhere in the forum is my dad and grandfather's photo of their USN time but I won't use bandwidth for those again.

Back to the important stuff; I want to see new stuff obtained by our members!

Agreed.  I just wish I had something to post here.  Maybe in the next couple of months..

5 minutes ago, USNRET said:

and I was thinking of you Jim when I posted that

Thank you my friend.

Odd as it may sound, there are very, very few experiences in my life that I would consider more essential and important to my remaining existence than the time I spent at sea in the service (both under, and, over).  

• Like 2

Synth_A.jpg.1622a3266325f48b11ac894c9410274b.jpg

Just got an analog modular synthesizer. (I've wanted one ever since I first played one back in 1971.) It's a beautiful, extremely well-made instrument built in Texas by Synthesizers.com, and it sounds absolutely wonderful!    BEST.TOY.EVER!

P.S. You can just barely see the tops of my Cornwall studio monitors peeking over the tops of the synthesizer cabinets.

• Like 5

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!