Are we Having Fun Yet

cluless

I too am beginning to feel that it's time I head back to the strictly audio part of this BBS.I admit that I have on occasion been part of the problem here - but lately things are really going into the toilet.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

I admire your levelheadedness throughout all of this hullabaloo. You are definately what Lincoln called the "better Angels of our nature".

The boys are just blowing off steam. Next week, they'll all be back talking about whether Klipsch speakers look better with or without the protective grill or my amp is better than your amp.

I take one of those Hannibal masks now. You can charge the expense to KAiN, I'm sure his daddy can afford it. Dammit, I did it again. Bad Ranger Bad! Hee Hee cwm6.gif

------------------

Ranger

"honesta mors turpi vita potior"

Mitsubishi WS65819

Denon AVR 4802

Denon DVD-1600

Denon DCM-370

Sony SCD-CE775 SACD

Klipsch RF3II (Mains)

Klipsch RC3II (Center)

Klipsch RS3II (Surround)

SVS 20-39 PCi (Sub)

ProntoPro TSU6000

This message has been edited by RangerSix on 09-24-2002 at 08:06 PM

Me too, GROUP HUG!

------------------

27" 3 line digital comb filter JVC TV

Denon AVR-2802 Receiver

Denon CDM-270 CD Player

Aiwa DVD Player (sucks)

Klipsch RF3-II's Fronts

Klipsch RC3-II Center

Infinity HPS-250 Subwoofer

Yamaha ??? surrounds

69"X76" Hand made oak entertainment center.

Well...I am pretty sick of one particular thread...but I have been pretty busy lately...I will be cutting wood in a day or so for parts for a very small run of OAK LaScalas...anybody want some nice WAF-friendly LaScala cabinets to replace their tired old raggedy ones? E-mail me...first come, first-served!!

------------------

I can now receive private messages

RangerSix,

Tell me I did NOT just read this? I think you posted

"Did we run when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!"

LOL

cwm27.gif LOL and another cwm27.gif

Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! Did you sniff some Yamamoto glue or what? Its Japan not Germans.

Now tell me Stalin was America's president during WW2.

cwm27.gif

Sorry its stronger then me,I had to dig this one up,just too funny.You made my day,almost. Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ears,

Although RangerSix actually used a line from "Animal House"...or we HOPE he did...it could possibly also be attributed to "Ranger School Phase III syndrome"...an affliction that sometimes remains a life-long one, due to carbohydrate, protein, and sleep deprivation incurred during that phase of the training...and its symptoms are immediately shown during the "Ranger break" given during that time period...where you see them wolfing down anything and everything full of carbohydrates and/or protein in sight while they clean up their equipment, wash up their clothes and get ready to head back to the boonies for the "downhill slide to the black beret". It is really something to see one of the afflicted take a jar of mayonnaise and eat spoonful after spoonful...emptying the entire large jar...while in the process of spreading a little on a sandwich(the original intent of opening the jar). You never see any eyes in a Ranger school graduation picture...just deep black holes on worn-out faces atop gaunt wiry bodies in what appears to be over-sized uniforms!!! Don't ask me how I know this!! LOL!

Overheard during a "Ranger break":

Ranger trainee 1: Hey, man, hand me the Mayo.

Ranger trainee 2: Sorry, man, the jar is empty, give me a slice of that ham.

Ranger trainee 1: You ate the whole jar of mayo?

Ranger trainee 2: Yeah, man, I was starvin!! Where is that ham?

Ranger trainee 3: Sorry, man, the ham is all gone...I was friggen starvin too!! At least we still have the cheese!! Hey, Ranger buddy, hand me a slice of cheese.

Ranger trainee 3: Sorry man, no cheese...I was starvin, too...at least we still have the rest of the bread.

Ranger trainee 4: Bread?...sorry guys...I was starvin, too!!

All 4 in unison: AWWWWW...MAN!!!!!

Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 09-25-2002 at 09:10 AM

We must remember that most children haven't got the nessessary capacity to handle adult oriented issues.

As a father of 2, I realize that young people want very much to belong.

They want to walk big, talk big, and generally act big.

There's nothing wrong with that (we were all young once), but it does pose some difficult problems like the ones' we see here.

The net allows for people of all ages to co-mingle without concern for ones' age.

That's not likely to change.

And it probably shouldn't.

What can be done is for the mature crowd to recognize that blabblings of some youths are just simply that.

For the most part, kids know not of which they speak.

To tell them otherwise is next to impossible.

After all, Kids Are Kids, are they not.

I'm glad that there are young people whom show great interest in audio.

I personally advocate it.

I've been weening my 10 and 11 year old on Frampton and Steely Dan, as well as Mozart and Slayer.

They still don't like my old fogey music.

Ha Ha... I'm only thirty.

I'm no old fuddy duddy,

but I am in their eyes.

Often times, they want to be part my discussions.

No problem with me for I recognize their age and where their coming from.

When their lack of knowledge or patience shines through (as it always does), I politely remind them who they are and where they stand.

I don't wish to alienate them from my discussions, although sometimes it's far more affective not to acknowledge their inappropriate comments.

Not ignore them, mind you, but to merely not respond in kind to those comments.

They say, "I hate my teacher, she's mean."

I hear, "I'm young and unsure how to handle dissapointments."

The reality here is:

How can you expect a child to understand and respect personal interaction and diversity, when they themselves' don't know who they are?

Not that any of use truly know who we are, but after a while, you get a pretty good idea. Smile.gif

I too, strive for a place to discuss (the difficult to understand) topic of audio.

Many of these concepts we dig right into here, are unfathomable to most people.

IMO, We should give some credit to young people who want to understand it.

Tough as it may be to deal with them at times, we should still offer encouragement.

Music enrichens the soul and expands the mind.

Is that not what we want for our children?

IMO, the personal attacks still have no place here, but this is an open forum, and we should respect that fact.

Anything could happen, anytime.

It's not like I haven't been party to an attack.

Sometimes, people flat out piss me off, young and old alike.

It's the manner in which I handle myself that makes the difference.

You can't always expect kids to act like mature adults, but you can rest assured that some adults will act like immature kids. Smile.gif

It's just life.

More so, it's life on the web.

Love it or leave it.

It's the way it is.

And yes, I'm having fun.

Sitting in La-La,

Waiting for my Ya-Ya

Uh- Huh.

------------------

You should of heard just what I've seen.

Audioreality,

I think you bring to light some very good points about the younger posters that I think we can all reflect on what you have stated. Hopefully the younger posters will read your wise words and get something positive from it.

It was very upsetting to me to read some of the stuff in the "Liar" thread. This board is unlike any other I have ever visited. The members of this board are really like a "family" which is why some probably start taking things personal. It is everyones board, we created it and we control it. There's nothing wrong with an arguement or a gentlemans disagreement but name calling and threats should not be tolerated regardless of age by any of us. At the end of the day we just need to be able to shake hands, let by-gones be by-gones and let sleeping dogs lie. As the "grown ups" we need to be the ones to step up to the plate and handle these situations like an adult by not responding to these types of posts and adding fuel to the fire. In these types of situations if you ignor the problem eventually it will go away.

Long live the Klipsch BB and all other BB's shall strive to become what we already are. Ok how about another group hug.

------------------

89' K-horn's(Mains)

81' Cornwall's(Rears)

85' Heresey's(Centers)

KSW-12(Sub)

Yamaha RX-V1

61" Hitachi WIDESCREEN

Dish Net w/Opt Out

X-Box w/Opt & Comp Outs(DVD/CD)

JVC S-VHS

Sony Minidisk

-------------------------

This message has been edited by erikjohn on 09-25-2002 at 10:41 AM

quote:

RangerSix,

Tell me I did NOT just read this? I think you posted

"Did we run when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No!"

Did you sniff some Yamamoto glue or what? Its Japan not Germans.

Oh my Lord! I take it from your post that you thought I was serious with that comment. I guess I'm getting old because, as others have already mentioned, that comment is not original; it came from John Belushi in the movie "Animal House." I am well aware that it was the Japanese and not the Germans that attacked Pearl Harbor. I wrongly assumed that the subsequent reference I made about the WTC collapsing in Los Angeles would have been a tad bit of a clue. These were made in response to KAiN64's comment on Americans being stupid. I suppose you didn't get the connection.

I don't have any pics as proof (ref: Prodj101), but just in case you're interested.

I was stationed at Schofield Barracks, Oahu and as such visited the Pearl Harbor memorial no less than nine times. Even had the privilege to raise the American flag over the sunken USS Arizona one morning during one of my soldier's reenlistment ceremony. My fiance, who lives on the island, had a grandfather that was beheaded by the Japanese while a Prisoner of War in the Philippines.

So to make a long story short, it was just a joke.

quote:

Now tell me Stalin was America's president during WW2.

Actually, I thought it was Winston Churchill.

However ... just in case you didn't get it, that was a joke also.

------------------

Ranger

"honesta mors turpi vita potior"

Mitsubishi WS65819

Denon AVR 4802

Denon DVD-1600

Denon DCM-370

Sony SCD-CE775 SACD

Klipsch RF3II (Mains)

Klipsch RC3II (Center)

Klipsch RS3II (Surround)

SVS 20-39 PCi (Sub)