Tree removal?

DizRotus

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

"I personally think most home owners should have a chain saw just for the trimming of small trees around the house. "

Heck; I owned a chainsaw when I rented an APARTMENT!

Now I own a condo, and I'm probably the only owner in the 200 unit complex with a Stihl.

I use it for trail maintenance in my local park and in fact, will be clearing the trails of 2 trees tomorrow.

What's even better; I have a backpack specifically made to carry a chainsaw as well as perform regular duties. It's the cat's pajamas.

Backpack1.jpg

• Like 2

I never think about paying someone to do something like this. Having several acres and heat with wood, I fell and process whole trees by myself regularly. Anything less than 15" in diameter will fit in the stove and the rest makes for a bonfire. The main thing that I have to worry about are the widowmakers that can break loose from the shock waves as it starts to drop.  Admittedly, while some people are relaxing, watching TV or surfing the net, I'm not. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

I have 8 more tree to fell, come on over Chuck, I have a new chainsaw:D

Oh yeah - I can see 'Heel arriving in the "Bubble" hard hat in the passenger seat, chainsaw in the trunk and him in his 

wood cutter overalls, chaps and mid-calf tree climbing boots. No wonder he's such the Lady's Man. The contemporary 

Paul Bunyon he is. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, richieb said:

Oh yeah - I can see 'Heel arriving in the "Bubble" hard hat in the passenger seat, chainsaw in the trunk and him in his 

wood cutter overalls, chaps and mid-calf tree climbing boots. No wonder he's such the Lady's Man. The contemporary 

Paul Bunyon he is. 

No one can claim you do not have a good imagination. :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, richieb said:

Paul Bunyon he is. 

That's hilarious :D

• Like 1

On 8/4/2017 at 10:27 AM, muel said:

I'm nervous about somebody who's not bonded or insured.  My understanding is that if something bad happens, even if the guy isn't one who is inclined to sue, his medical insurance company can come after you?  People with legal knowledge... please correct me if I'm wrong.   It doesn't sound like that big of a job really... have to be careful though and keep it away from house and people.  

First, let me begin by saying that I'm not a lawyer.  Yesterday I had a crew of 8 guys (including 2 climbers) working WAY up in my trees trimming dead branches.   The first question that I asked is whether or not they could provide a certificate showing that they have workman's comp insurance.  I wasn't satisfied with their response, so I had them sign a Release of Liability (i.e., I'm not responsible for their injury or loss of life while performing the work, or traveling to and from my home).  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hsosdrummer said:

Hey guys, although I'm enjoying this thread, the mods really should move it to The Lounge.

OK with me.  I thought it was in The Lounge.  I guess starting threads is not my Forte, more of my Heresy.