SOLD KHorns/Belle

USNRET

Forte III's are beautiful, but I can't imagine going from Khorns to anything else without an empty feeling of a huge downgrade, unless you got an all La Scala surround with better subs or Jubilees.  Though his living room does allow for a 3rd for a matching LCR of any kind of speaker be it FIII or LCR RF-7 II's (or III's?)

Congrats to the buyer.  What an amazing deal!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Forte III's are beautiful, but I can't imagine going from Khorns to anything else without an empty feeling of a huge downgrade, unless you got an all La Scala surround with better subs or Jubilees.  Though his living room does allow for a 3rd for a matching LCR of any kind of speaker be it FIII or LCR RF-7 II's (or III's?)

Have you actually heard the Forte III's?

4 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Anywhere in Houston where  i can go listen to them?

I'm not sure.  I heard them in Hope where they had the F3's, K-Horns and RF-7II's in the same listening room and switched between the 3 sets.  The F3's were my favorites.  The voicing on them is perfection.  Roy hit it out of the park with these IMO.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I'm not sure.  I heard them in Hope where they had the F3's, K-Horns and RF-7II's in the same listening room and switched between the 3 sets.  The F3's were my favorites.  The voicing on them is perfection.  Roy hit it out of the park with these IMO.

Wow.  I'd like to see how many people share your opinion.

21 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Wow.  I'd like to see how many people share your opinion.

Pretty much everyone that didn't think the K-horns were better before even listening to them.  The K-horns have a very loyal following and have their own signature sound.  I personally preferred the balance of the F3's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The K-horns have a very loyal following and have their own signature sound.  I personally preferred the balance of the F3's.

Was that in 2.0 mode or as part of a 5.x setup?

My experience is that the Khorn is at the top of the heap for 2.0 but I have not been successful integrating them into a 5.x environment. 

To be fair, the K-horns sounded bigger but the F3's sounded more natural (to me).  I didn't like the fact that they didn't level match the speakers though.  The difference in sensitivity was obvious.  It would have been nice to have the speakers switched from one to another and maintain the same volume.