WTB K 55 V dual phase, soldered terminal driver.

scallywagger77

49 minutes ago, scallywagger77 said:

I need another on of these if anybody can spare?  Thanks.  soldered terminal, not spring type.

Oh, we know what these are.  They are the Holy Grail of K-55-V drivers, they were only made for a couple of years and are considered to be the best sounding K-55-V ever produced.

You are very lucky Jim still had his.  I knew he was selling a couple of pair several months ago and I thought they were all gone.  In the three years I've been posting here I don't think I've seen anybody else list those.  It might be years before another pair came on the market, so I'm glad demand met supply at just the right time.  

32 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Oh, we know what these are.  They are the Holy Grail of K-55-V drivers, they were only made for a couple of years and are considered to be the best sounding K-55-V ever produced.

You are very lucky Jim still had his.  I knew he was selling a couple of pair several months ago and I thought they were all gone.  In the three years I've been posting here I don't think I've seen anybody else list those.  It might be years before another pair came on the market, so I'm glad demand met supply at just the right time.  

I actually did sell those two pair several months ago, but over the course of time (a long, long time....) I managed to "collect" a couple more pairs, which I have been holding on to for a rainy day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

I managed to "collect" a couple more pairs, which I have been holding on to for a rainy day.

LOL!  I know what you mean.  I have a few hundred dollars worth of "parts" awaiting a project I haven't yet figured out.  

13 minutes ago, scallywagger77 said:

K55’s from jimjimbo just arrived safe and sound.  Lots of care given in packing and shipping, buying from Jim was a great experience!  Many thanks to you Sir.

Larry

You are very welcome, my pleasure.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jim and Scally, plus Mrs Scally and dog. My only regret was not getting a picture of the Scally's Ford Explorer loaded with a weeks worth of luggage,  (2) KLF 30s, (2) KLF 20s, (2) KLF C7s, (1) custom KLF 20 Center, Mr and Mrs Scally and a 70 lb dog. It was incredible. 

2 hours ago, scallywagger77 said:

And then drove eight hours with dog in lap.  Billy wasn’t about to let me tie those KLF’s on the roof though.  You remember what cabinet you usd for that KLF 20 Center Channel?

image.jpg

Yes indeed sir. It was from a pair of HH Scott 188t towers that I purchased brand new many many years ago, late 70s I believe. Those were actually very nice speakers and would love to have another pair of them. 

5 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

I have had the pleasure of meeting Jim and Scally, plus Mrs Scally and dog. My only regret was not getting a picture of the Scally's Ford Explorer loaded with a weeks worth of luggage,  (2) KLF 30s, (2) KLF 20s, (2) KLF C7s, (1) custom KLF 20 Center, Mr and Mrs Scally and a 70 lb dog. It was incredible. 

i have also had the pleasure of meeting Larry in a Cracker Barrel parking lot in Knoxville ( i think ) to pickup a set of 78 heresys which i will be using for my rears in my basement coming soon.

biggest regret was not driving to his house to see those beautiful LaScalas

thanks again for those Heresy beauties

Russ