Another Bose victim

DizRotus

The other night my 93-year-old mother-in-law was awakened from a sound sleep by her Bose music machine playing full blast.  She literally stumbled from bed, knocking over a lamp, as she struggled  in the dark to locate and silence the Bose ALARMING clock.

Fortunately, no harm done to the nonagenarian, the lamp or the Bose.  She’s getting a flashlight and a hammer for Christmas, in case the Bose poltergeist strikes again.

• Like 2

Glad she’s ok Neil.  I wouldn’t have heard a thing, once these hearing aids come out, i don’t hear a thing.  Comes in handy as the upstairs neighbors are horribly noisy I’ve been told. But, it is a bit scary too, I won’t hear a smoke alarm or someone breaking in.  Geez, a burglar wouldn’t even have to try to be quiet, he could literally kick the door down or break a window and i wouldn’t know it. 

My kids all know that in an emergency i won’t get their message until morning, unless by some chance i’m awake and see the phone light up.

Been thinking about getting a service dog specially for hearing impaired people. At least the dog could some jump on me and wake me up. 

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Been thinking about getting a service dog specially for hearing impaired people. At least the dog could some jump on me and wake me up. 

That's a good idea Steve.

Speaking of dogs, have you heard of vapor wake dogs?  

https://www.wired.com/story/vapor-wake-dogs-thanksgiving-day-parade/

My son was telling me about how they're being used at the new Little Caesars Arena.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Glad she’s ok Neil.  I wouldn’t have heard a thing, once these hearing aids come out, i don’t hear a thing.  Comes in handy as the upstairs neighbors are horribly noisy I’ve been told. But, it is a bit scary too, I won’t hear a smoke alarm or someone breaking in.  Geez, a burglar wouldn’t even have to try to be quiet, he could literally kick the door down or break a window and i wouldn’t know it. 

Would also be handy at times if you were married. :o:P

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

hopefully, won’t be necessary.  I’d like to marry a gal with an accent, that way i’ll enjoy listening to her talk. Favorite is a British accent; but, there this gal, lived most of her life in Canada, sounds pretty much like USA; but, an accent comes through on some words -- it’s nice. I could listen to her forever too.

You must be the victim of a lot of British accented commercials.

JJK