Anonymity vs Privacy vs Security

MyOwn

49 minutes ago, richieb said:
1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

When it comes time to need one hope it's family and not someone you have to pay. 

=== no worries, everything will be free soon enough, including buttt wipes. At least that’s what I’m hearing — 

I don't wish to bog down this thread with the important discussion you want to have, but the reality is you may be asked to wipe someone's butt and if you aren't there will be paying someone to do it. I'd love to engage because we've had it before on this Forum--Most came to consensus on what we needed to do after the ACA passed--A few of us debated before and it was a great learning process. The bottom line is that Healthcare needs to be paid for and those that didn't want to fix the ACA are now about to have how that issue litigated once again.

That's my take and if I or someone else starts a thread on it please participate because it is something we all have to address as Americans. 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Jeff Matthews said:
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, Zen Traveler said:

I don't know councilor. You are the lawyer. ;) Seriously, I don't know the law in this regard but do think I've proven my case that this thread onslaught of propaganda is something we want Government looking into.

You do realize that the above attitude is simply a reflection of your biased view?

My point is simple.  Influencing an election cannot be a crime.  This is precisely what candidates do.  Nor can "fake" news be a crime.  Otherwise, The National Enquirer would have been gone a long time ago.  

Hey @Jeff Matthews,  it seems your National Enquirer is making the news again and in between their owner has become a cooperating witness for the Government. 😳 What do you think about Bezos claim that his privacy was breeched? 

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:24 AM, Jeff Matthews said:

This is a nation where the First Amendment is pretty much considered to be sacred.  There is much we have to endure in order to maintain a society which is so receptive to freedom of speech.

I really didn't consider the National Enquirer "journalism" but realized they got away with what they did because of First Amendment rights. 

If you are truly interested (which you claim to be), stop listening to headlines without appropriate skepticism.  "Influence" is a meaningless word. 

Aha! What Bezos is claiming is that the National Enquirer misused it's "influence" by investigating him politically and I hadn't really considered buying and not publishing a story for someone else's political gain "free speech." We'll see but that last part was evidently a crime (and why the dude cooperated}.

"Fake" is also meaningless.  Psychological profiling also is not a crime.  Look for the laws that were broken.  See if anyone adequately can explain to you how the laws were broken. 

We've come full circle to a discussion we were also having in the Facebook thread that got shut down--We agree on pretty much everything you wrote above and that was a great non-political discussion we were having. :) Now I gotta get ready for work. 

2 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I don't wish to bog down this thread with the important discussion you want to have, but the reality is you may be asked to wipe someone's butt and if you aren't there will be paying someone to do it. I'd love to engage because we've had it before on this Forum--Most came to consensus on what we needed to do after the ACA passed--A few of us debated before and it was a great learning process. The bottom line is that Healthcare needs to be paid for and those that didn't want to fix the ACA are now about to have how that issue litigated once again.

That's my take and if I or someone else starts a thread on it please participate because it is something we all have to address as Americans. 

=== Well really, I have no desire to engage in your sanctimonious opionion of what should/shouldn’t be discussed but My reality is that yes, I have had to wipe someone else’s asss, my mother’s prior to having no alternative but to put her in a home for 24 hour care. Nor do I feel the need to explain to you how humbling an experience that is for I’m certain you have that knowledge also. 

And I could take this into a rant on “ideas” for future government entitlements but for the sake of this open minded thread I’ll leave that on the table, for I’ve no doubt you have qualifiers for those too —

8 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== Well really, I have no desire to engage in your sanctimonious opionion of what should/shouldn’t be discussed but My reality is that yes, I have had to wipe someone else’s asss, my mother’s prior to having no alternative but to put her in a home for 24 hour care. Nor do I feel the need to explain to you how humbling an experience that is for I’m certain you have that knowledge also. 

Umm. I am sorry I upset you but yes that subject has been very close to me and why I responded as I did. Insofar as your description of my delivery it was meant in good faith. It seems you may be a young guy  and may not realize we all end up in the same boat. Claiming folks get "Healthcare for free" is buying into propaganda that isn't true. 

And I could take this into a rant on “ideas” for future government entitlements but for the sake of this open minded thread I’ll leave that on the table, for I’ve no doubt you have qualifiers for those too —

Too late. Yours already comes off as a rant but I understand. Discussing healthcare issues is hard because it's difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.  It also isn't part of this discussion. 

9 hours ago, richieb said:

=== no worries, everything will be free soon enough, including buttt wipes. At least that’s what I’m hearing — 

Ah yes, like that free Finnish money.

Keith

HEALTHCARE INFORMATION UPDATE

I had good Healthcare coverage my entire adult life. Rarely used it. On my 65th birthday I signed up for Medicare, of course. I can't control what happens in my life but I damn sure can control the direction. I ain't a gambler so I bought a supplement that pays everything Medicare doesn't pay, including deductible. Cost $202 a month. There's no telling what my care has cost since thus far. Since my birth month I have never received a bill. None. Nada. Zilch.

Hope that smidgeon of information helps you younger whippersnappers thinking of your own future.

Keith

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

2400 a year.  Most working people cant or wont pay that.  But they would wish they had with the first major problem.

One of my medications, breathing inhaler $340 a month.....so yeah, it would be a bargain

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

2400 a year.  Most working people cant or wont pay that.  But they would wish they had with the first major problem.

I was in the middle of treatment for a pre-existing condition (C). Those other policies offered by private insurance companies included the words 'requires underwriting' or 'does not cover pre-existing conditions for 180 days'. Went with regular Medicare. I figured I could pay dental and eye care. Medicare reimbursed around $7900 per visit and the supplement paid the remainder, around $2000. My prior employer provided retiree insurance reimbursed several thousand more than Medicare. The visits have been every 2-3 weeks, which varied by chemical, going on for 2 years and 4 months now. No way I could have paid that sum of money to stay alive. So, right here in this glorious fantastic country that we live in and elect individuals to represent our best interests we see no mention or movement in solving a problem that will take everything many poor working stiffs work all of our lives to earn. Many will face the choice of losing it all or facing an untreated death for themselves or their family. It's a matter of utmost importance to me. I post this with the hope that it may make someone more aware of what can happen and to protect themselves from what can happen.

Keith

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fish said:

One of my medications, breathing inhaler $340 a month.....so yeah, it would be a bargain

Sounds like Incruse Ellipta there Fish. I remember head-figuring around $13.35 a hit every day. A rip. I used it after radiation. The radiation affected the lung and esophagus. My blood oxygen saturation has been 98% for over a year now so I've trailed off using it daily. Noticed no difference myself. I almost feel bad paying my $29 a month drug plan and co-pay and them paying the bulk. They do that only because of that dang old government regulation. We don't need no dang government interfering with our lives and making less and less drug billionaires at our expense. Anyway, hope for the best for you up there in Cornfield County.

Keith

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

See Jeff. Reliable go-to information sources are cleaning up their act. No Government interference AND great information at our fingertips. Those Conspiracy minded folks are going to have to use the Google