KLF Home Theater

vasubandu

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

Give it time; it'll eventually go through the complete product lines both home and pro before a decision is made. 

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Bordering on the ridiculous.

Most of us did something similar: I bought my first pair of Heresy in the mid 80s, had a hiatus during my being a single parent years, then bought another pair of Heresy in 2011. Since then i have bought and enjoyed every Heritage, most Epic, the largest Legend and some Reference series until slowing down on the Pro series. Although beyond bordering on ridiculous, I have enjoyed the journey. 

On 1/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, vasubandu said:

Someone suggested KLF-30 as an alternative to CF-4, so I decided to look around.

Stop masturbating and ask her to dance: You're missing out on a lot of fun experiences.

Regardless of what you think will be the ultimate, grab the syringe and just do it. Forte would be mild enough for beginners.    

:D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frankenstein said:

The KSP-S6's were the surrounds to "match" the KLF Legend Series (http://www.klipsch.com/products/ksp-s6-surround-speaker).  They were also featured in the KLF Brochure.

Have to hunt for them but they are out there.  Took me about 6-9 months to find two pairs by setting a Google Alert.  A fair price is around 2-250/pr, yet some are beginning to ask more now that they are getting more rare.

Thanks this is really valuable.  Would you take those over KLF20s?

1 hour ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I think AV is referring to Vas watching every speaker Klipsch has made before he makes a decision. And then they will be gone

There is some truth to that, and I do feel like I am flailing around, but I feel less and less that way.  For me this has been a good process because I have learned something each step along that way.  Even when I focused on Klipsch, I was thinking only two towers, a center and some surrounds.  I had no idea about the range of products.  And I have had a chance to hear a few more things, which told me that I like bigger woofers.  Part of the problem that that my database does not exist,. so I cannot get a list of Klipsch speakers with 10- or 12 inch woofers and then sort them by 2-way and 3-way.  I had no idea what the KLF line was. So as long as I don't annoy you guys too much, I will still have questions.  

57 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Stop masturbating and ask her to dance: You're missing out on a lot of fun experiences.

That's a great way to put it.  I will get my KLFs in a week or two.  Have to fit in a 5-hour drive each way, and he is going to keep me a while with his stories.  

What if I tried some of the cheaper Klipsch speakers I see locally. KV2 center, KG 2.5 front, KSB-S1 surrounds for $300; KG2 pair for $100, Quartet pair $600, oroginal owner Klipsch Heresy HWO although someone here said they are not HWO.  Those are mostly more expensive, but I mean $100-200 pairs of older stuff.

And then there is this. No idea what it is "two are matching Heresy KP speakers + one corner Heresy KP covered in felt matting material and one KP250."

Any reason to get this stull or just the good ones?

@TasDom I cannot say that I have.  My  amplifier came with some huge Outlaw cables with 3-pin connectors.  I understand that the amplifier connects to the speakers with speaker wire, and I have plenty of 8-gauge wire.  I have 2 subwoofer cables. I honestly thought that was the entire thing.  Interconnects sounds like connecting speakers to each other.  If that is true, I have no idea.

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

:D:DStop masturbating and ask her to dance: You're missing out on a lot of fun experiences.

Regardless of what you think will be the ultimate, grab the syringe and just do it. Forte would be mild enough for beginners.    

We need to ask Admin @Chad or Mods @CECAA850  @dtel's wife @dwilawyerIf we can have multiple button pleasures at the same time. I want to laugh my *** off, like it, and add a get a clue button at the very least. Maybe add a 3 foot graphics as a emoji altho I doubt Klipsch would approve. Just a wayward thought at12:10 at night:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

There is some truth to that, and I do feel like I am flailing around, but I feel less and less that way.  For me this has been a good process because I have learned something each step along that way.  Even when I focused on Klipsch, I was thinking only two towers, a center and some surrounds.  I had no idea about the range of products.  And I have had a chance to hear a few more things, which told me that I like bigger woofers.  Part of the problem that that my database does not exist,. so I cannot get a list of Klipsch speakers with 10- or 12 inch woofers and then sort them by 2-way and 3-way.  I had no idea what the KLF line was. So as long as I don't annoy you guys too much, I will still have questions.  

Start by stop posting everything you find on the search engines. If they were really worthy of being in the ALERTS section, someone with the "art of stealing" WON'T BE POSTING IT, the ok deals are there for the taking.

9 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

We need to ask Admin @Chad or Mods @CECAA850  @dtel's wife @dwilawyerIf we can have multiple button pleasures at the same time. I want to laugh my *** off, like it, and add a get a clue button at the very least. Maybe add a 3 foot graphics as a emoji altho I doubt Klipsch would approve. Just a wayward thought at12:10 at night:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mark

I think you missed "point well taken" and "Wow, that was helpful, thanks."

That's a great way to put it.  I will get my KLFs in a week or two.  Have to fit in a 5-hour drive each way, and he is going to keep me a while with his stories.  

What if I tried some of the cheaper Klipsch speakers I see locally. KV2 center, KG 2.5 front, KSB-S1 surrounds for $300; KG2 pair for $100, Quartet pair $600, oroginal owner Klipsch Heresy HWO although someone here said they are not HWO.  Those are mostly more expensive, but I mean $100-200 pairs of older stuff.

And then there is this. No idea what it is "two are matching Heresy KP speakers + one corner Heresy KP covered in felt matting material and one KP250."

You are jerking off AGAIN. Try the other hand, it's like a new girlfriend, she won't fall asleep on you and foreplay is a lot easier, Give her a couple pecks and she will perk up

Mark

Mark, I am simply seeking some basic advice.  I have no knowledge of the different speakers, and cannot get it because Klipsch has taken down the specifications for most of the older models. So it seemed easy enough to ask a question, and those who cared to respond could respond, while those who didn't care to respond wouldn't. I mean, it is not as if I am breaking into your house and waking you from a dead sleep to answer my questions.  Why would you care?  Am I sending too many electrons to your house?  When you were starting, did yuou have any questions, or did you already know it all?  I just don't understand what your problem is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

James, I quoted you twice on the same quote. That night be a record for me. Brilliant!! Fortes would be an awesome start but you have to pull the trigger. And the gun cant be at your own temple

Mark

2 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

Question for you @ZEUS121996 Why are you wasting your time with this?  Do you get off insulting people, or are you just bored?  I don't get it. 

I think I was lucky when I learned about real audio. I was 18 or 19 and the store down the mall was basically Klipsch and high end gear. I got to hear the best and couldn't afford it. I started with Heresys for rears. Khorns for fronts. Nak for electronics altho far from their best. To answer your question, people are tired of you posting anything that comes up on your screen. I would love to give you help and advise but there are so many people who know so much more about HiFi, I won't embarrass myself. My advice is to stop posting questions on anything and everything that comes along, set a budget and stick to it. Everyone here has made some bad buys, we learn from them. If you give us a budget to work with, the members can and truly do want to help you and that includes me. Asking questions is great, I do it all the time (usually in a PM, because my IQ is probably about 71) I'm just trying to tell you to settle down, it will come to you at the right price if you're patient.  Trying to force a buy is usually a bad move in business as well as in audio. I said I would never go bigger than my CWs after my Khorns and Belle were ruined in the flood in July. The insurance check showed up Friday, this pair of 2007 Khorns showed up Saturday, I saw them Sunday and he was nice enough to hold them for me. 2K is flat out stealing but I met his price. He had people waiting outside to pay more for them, his word was good. and these are mine. Youthman even has to be a little envious I got them at that price. I think you should slow your roll and just go with the flow, it will come to you

Mark

2017 Khorn.jpg

• Like 2

@ZEUS121996 Thanks, that was helpful.  I tend to approach things differently than most people, and I can be oblivious to how people react. I don't act until I am satisfied with the information I have. And I try to gather as much information in as many ways from as many sources as possible.  For me, gathering the information and learning is just as important as taking action. I will take your comment to heart.  I appreciate your taking the time to express it this way. It felt like we were bickering, and I don't think that either of us wanted that. I am taking your comment as a friendly suggestion because that is what I think it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

The insurance check showed up Friday, this pair of 2007 Khorns showed up Saturday, I saw them Sunday and he was nice enough to hold them for me. 2K is flat out stealing but I met his price. He had people waiting outside to pay more for them, his word was good. and these are mine. Youthman even has to be a little envious I got them at that price. I think you should slow your roll and just go with the flow, it will come to you

Mark

Talk about perfect timing, congrats on the new speakers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vasubandu said:

I have no knowledge of the different speakers, and cannot get it because Klipsch has taken down the specifications for most of the older models.

I believe I've given this link to you a couple times already, it has MOST Klipsch speaker specs in it, in the left column about half way down is a "discontinued" line you have to click on each one to see the different series. The Legend (KLF,) Epic Heritage Reference most are there and when you click on each speaker model there is a tab with the specifications in it. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20111229111548/http://www.klipsch.com/discontinued-heritage-speakers?

Screenshot (3).png

• Like 1