Heresy rebuild

CECAA850

24 minutes ago, mopardave said:

Very nice.  Makes me want to refinish mine in that color stain.     

It was the factory stain.  I don't know exactly what color they used.  They're slightly darker now as every time a coat of lacquer was put on they got ever so slightly darker.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, CECAA850 said:

These are the 33 year old caps that will be replaced.  More on that later.  You can see the finish damage a little better in this picture as well.

20180106_103941.jpg

Don’t you miss the plywood and barrier strips?

They look fantastic Carl.  Even I wouldn’t put Duratex on those, and I just Duratexed my car.

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I don't think that even Dean could have fit those caps where the original ones were even with his bionic soldering arm.

It’s not off the cup that would concern him, it’s beneath and close to the woofer’s large magnet that would be a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

It’s not off the cup that would concern him, it’s beneath and close to the woofer’s large magnet that would be a problem.

They're a LOT farther away now than they were.  The cup was right at the magnet.  Look at the picture taken through the woofer opening.

I wasn't trying to beat him up - but it is absolutely the worst place for a crossover.

My favorite installs are the pictures I see of Al's ESNs. 50 coils, all perfectly lined up to within a mm, and then jammed next to a 30lb JBL driver. lol.

Carl did good. Clean work.

• Thanks 1