March For Our Lives

jimjimbo

Since most agree the killing is not going to stop regardless of weapon availability then why not make the schools like airports with x-ray security, 1-way in, etc.  Hard to shoot up an airport after you have been through security.

• Like 1

I go back to my early premise.  You can play with gun laws all you want.  Good luck with that. 

Something has changed with the way kids interact these days, and let me give you a real big hint to make it super, super easy... it wasn't gun laws.

Kids are going to have to change themselves.  It's an attitude thing.

• Thanks 1

To have an opinion without knowledge of the subject matter is the definition of Mental Retardation dude!

Do I need repeat? Read very carefully or get somebody to read it for you. The AR-15 is the mass murderers weapon of choice. They should be illegal to buy, sell or possess. Violators should be sentenced to life imprisonment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

To have an opinion without knowledge of the subject matter is the definition of Mental Retardation dude!

Roger, give it a rest.  This is not a thread for personal attacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I go back to my early premise.  You can play with gun laws all you want.  Good luck with that. 

Something has changed with the way kids interact these days, and let me give you a real big hint to make it super, super easy... it wasn't gun laws.

Kids are going to have to change themselves.  It's an attitude thing.

We had the bullying back then Jeff, We had the mental illnesses back then. Wanna know what has changed? Single parents trying to be their kids best friend instead of a damned parent and teaching discipline and consequences for their actions. It is also because of removing corporal punishment from schools, but I put the majority of blame on single parents who give their kids cookies in the supermarket so they won't throw a fit, and buying them a candy bar because they did have a melt down, rewarding them for being a little monster!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

Do I need repeat? Read very carefully or get somebody to read it for you. The AR-15 is the mass murderers weapon of choice. They should be illegal to buy, sell or possess. Violators should be sentenced to life imprisonment.

I will speak SLOOOOWLY for you! Which kills more kids, handguns or AR-15s?

9 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

So, am I to assume that AK-47's would remain "legal"?   Not nearly as accurate, but the old stand by when needing to "spread some lead".

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That is an incorrect definition. The original definition of an Assault Rifle is a select fire, both semi and full auto rifle that shoots a cartridge larger than pistol, yet smaller than a full rifle cartridge. The original Assault Rifle was designed by the Germans in WWII, and an AK-47 or AR-`15 would be an Assault rifle if they had select fire capabilities. It has only been in recent times that the leftist media has purposely misused the term Assault Rifle to push their agenda till the term has gained some acceptance. It is just like how ebonics started to get accepted oldtimer. I would have thought this as common knowledge to you.

4 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

That is an incorrect definition. The original definition of an Assault Rifle is a select fire, both semi and full auto rifle that shoots a cartridge larger than pistol, yet smaller than a full rifle cartridge. The original Assault Rifle was designed by the Germans in WWII, and an AK-47 or AR-`15 would be an Assault rifle if they had select fire capabilities. It has only been in recent times that the leftist media has purposely misused the term Assault Rifle to push their agenda till the term has gained some acceptance. It is just like how ebonics started to get accepted oldtimer. I would have thought this as common knowledge to you.

O'tay.  Perhaps my bad for providing info.  The link does say AR-1 "style" rifle and refers to "assault weapon" as it is "often legally classified."  One might expect the laws to define things for their own purposes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

We had the bullying back then Jeff, We had the mental illnesses back then. Wanna know what has changed? Single parents trying to be their kids best friend instead of a damned parent and teaching discipline and consequences for their actions. It is also because of removing corporal punishment from schools, but I put the majority of blame on single parents who give their kids cookies in the supermarket so they won't throw a fit, and buying them a candy bar because they did have a melt down, rewarding them for being a little monster!

want to agree with this, except even back then, we had little monsters.  Maybe a few grew up to kill a cat here and there, but murder just wasn't anything anyone ever considered.  There's something else in play.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I can't speak for oldie, but I know shite about guns, so don't hold back on details if they are important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't speak for oldie, but I know shite about guns, so don't hold back on details if they are important.

Jeff, Do you remember the Hollywood Bank Robbery where the two guys used illegally modified AK-47s to rob the bank, then had a shoot out with over 50 cops? To make that gun select fire requires 1) a semi auto AK-47 2. A full Auto Bolt 3. A full auto trigger set with auto sear 4. a jig that shows you where to make the holes 5. tools. It is legal for anyone to posses any one of these items, but get caught with 2 or more and you are automatically guilty of trying to build a machine gun without a permit. This is a 20 year sentence that usually gets plea bargained down to 10 years! The Hollywood Bank Robbery was in 1992, and that is the last time a civilian shot anybody with an Assault Rifle. The same sort of thing can be done to an AR-15, with similar stiff consequences. A friend of mine was a legal gun dealer and had a friend that bought a book on how to make a 10-22 Ruger into a select fire weapon. Owning that book is not illegal in and of itself, but my friend told me the BATF used it as possible cause to get a search warrant and search his home. This was years ago, but he said they ransacked the house and used metal detectors and ripped holes in his walls finding boxes of nails, and they don't have to clean up or pay for damages, so that might be why a lot of guys aren't dumb enough to try it  :D

2 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jeff, Do you remember the Hollywood Bank Robbery where the two guys used illegally modified AK-47s to rob the bank, then had a shoot out with over 50 cops? To make that gun select fire requires 1) a semi auto AK-47 2. A full Auto Bolt 3. A full auto trigger set with auto sear 4. a jig that shows you where to make the holes 5. tools. It is legal for anyone to posses any one of these items, but get caught with 2 or more and you are automatically guilty of trying to build a machine gun without a permit. This is a 20 year sentence that usually gets plea bargained down to 10 years! The Hollywood Bank Robbery was in 1992, and that is the last time a civilian shot anybody with an Assault Rifle. The same sort of thing can be done to an AR-15, with similar stiff consequences. A friend of mine was a legal gun dealer and had a friend that bought a book on how to make a 10-22 Ruger into a select fire weapon. Owning that book is not illegal in and of itself, but my friend told me the BATF used it as possible cause to get a search warrant and search his home. This was years ago, but he said they ransacked the house and used metal detectors and ripped holes in his walls finding boxes of nails, and they don't have to clean up or pay for damages, so that might be why a lot of guys aren't dumb enough to try it  :D

I've heard it's really not difficult to obtain illicit conversion kits if you're out to find one.  However, I don't really see any strong reason why anyone should feel compelled to get one.  I've heard people fire legal semi's very fast.  At that speed, it has to be mayhem in crowds. 

Hell, even a pistol in a crowd can do lots of damage.  Guns are guns, and I think people are so in "awe" of these "assault" rifles that they don't realize how dangerous basic guns are.  In other words, what the hell difference will it make if we ban so-called "assault" rifles - under any definition?

• Like 2

I've heard it's really not difficult to obtain illicit conversion kits if you're out to find one.  However, I don't really see any strong reason why anyone should feel compelled to get one.  I've heard people fire legal semi's very fast.  At that speed, it has to be mayhem in crowds. 

Hell, even a pistol in a crowd can do lots of damage.  Guns are guns, and I think people are so in "awe" of these "assault" rifles that they don't realize how dangerous basic guns are.  In other words, what the hell difference will it make if we ban so-called "assault" rifles - under any definition?

I have numerous guns that would fit that definition...Numerous. I own an AR-15, it has a 24" stainless Bull Barrel and is way to heavy to swing around in the house or otherwise. I bought it for two reasons; first, I absolutely believe in the original meaning of the 2nd amendment as it was intended. Secondly; With the big heavy barrel and hand loads, it is very accurate out to 300 yards and I use it to shoot Groundhogs on the farm. I absolutely like the autoloader function for a quick follow up shot if needed.  :D