March For Our Lives

jimjimbo

3 minutes ago, TubeHiFiNut said:

(had to get at least one hi-fi reference into this discussion).

Awesome.

The American exceptionalism play...We are so different from the rest of the world, so don't compare us to any other human beings on the planet.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Awesome.

The American exceptionalism play...We are so different from the rest of the world, so don't compare us to any other human beings on the planet.  

An interesting categorization.

So you think that all countries are the same? Ethnic, religious, income, education, cultural, traditional, historical, etc. differences notwithstanding?

Just now, TubeHiFiNut said:

An interesting categorization.

So you think that all countries are the same? Ethnic, religious, income, education, cultural, traditional, historical, etc. differences notwithstanding?

Nope.  There are differences and similarities across the world.  But human beings are human beings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Nope.  There are differences and similarities across the world.  But human beings are human beings.

We are certainly all Homo Sapiens but I believe that the cultural differences I referenced certainly help influence how a human being reacts to a given situation or stimulus.

Nature or nuture?

Certainly makes these comparisons a less than exact science.

At least in my opinion.

• Like 2

Anyone who believes that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to usher in a violence free utopia is disillusioned-- things will get worse not better which will require a larger police presence and further infringement on our rights.

Guns prevent crime at a significant, many times higher rate than they are used to commit them period.

The second amendment is not about hunting, it is about personal liberty and the right to defend yourself, loved ones and property.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Anyone who believes that taking guns away from law abiding citizens is going to usher in a violence free utopia is disillusioned-- things will get worse not better which will require a larger police presence and further infringement on our rights.

Guns prevent crime at a significant, many times higher rate than they are used to commit them period.

The second amendment is not about hunting, it is about personal liberty and the right to defend yourself, loved ones and property.

Everyone is a law abiding citizen until they are not. The 2nd Amendment is about defending the country with a WELL REGULATED MILITIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

Everyone is a law abiding citizen until they are not. The 2nd Amendment is about defending the country with a WELL REGULATED MILITIA.

I agree with the former, not the latter -- the Supreme Court doesn't agree with you.

It would take a constitutional amendment, and that just isn't going to happen, and even if it did, it would be challenged and struck down by the SCOTUS.

A better approach is the application of the some common sense, it shouldn't be easier to get a firearm than it is to get driver's license, and they need to shutdown the private sales loophole. There is quite a bit they could do to help the situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:
53 minutes ago, Deang said:

A better approach is the application of the some common sense, it shouldn't be easier to get a firearm than it is to get driver's license

Yes sir.

It's easier to get heroin and meth and cocaine than it is to get a driver's license.  Those should be harder to get, too.  Add that to your fantasy wish list.  "Common" sense should include an element of sense.  It's one thing to wish, and another to implement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's easier to get heroin and meth and cocaine than it is to get a driver's license.  Those should be harder to get, too.  Add that to your fantasy wish list.  "Common" sense should include an element of sense.

You got me missing your thought process and BS Jeff  :D

• Like 1