La Scala II's

Deano1974

I just tried the cardas calculation and it wants me to pull the speakers 7ft from the rear wall and 4ft from the side walls which would put the speakers a couple of ft in front of me. Am i supposed to feel like i'm getting a lap dance from the singer?  Maybe i'm doing it wrong? Was i suppose to put 15ft width in inches? - nope. Same result lol
Lol thats what I thought when I calculated it, it looks weird but try to get past the fact that they are so close the placement is designed to eliminate all room nodes

Try and follow exact placement and then listen, for me the sound is more important than aesthetics but thats just me

Give it go and then you know if you can live with the placement

Good luck

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It doesnt matter what form of measurement you use as long as you use the same form when placing the speakers [emoji4]

I just tried the cardas calculation and it wants me to pull the speakers 7ft from the rear wall and 4ft from the side walls which would put the speakers a couple of ft in front of me. Am i supposed to feel like i'm getting a lap dance from the singer? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

I just tried the cardas calculation and it wants me to pull the speakers 7ft from the rear wall and 4ft from the side walls which would put the speakers a couple of ft in front of me. Am i supposed to feel like i'm getting a lap dance from the singer?

Haha ... same here :D  (OK; 16 ft from the wall :( ).  Maybe I'll try it next time my wife goes on a trip :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From an engineering perspective, the "cardas" calculations do not make much sense.  Room nodes are a function off ALL room dimensions ... but the calculator only asks for the "rear wall."  Just my 2 cents :D 

• Like 1

From an engineering perspective, the "cardas" calculations do not make much sense.  Room nodes are a function off ALL room dimensions ... but the calculator only asks for the "rear wall."  Just my 2 cents [emoji3] 
Try this enter the room calculations for length and width and then scroll down to the cardas section

http://noaudiophile.com/speakercalc/

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

No that would only be in California and North up to the Seattle/Portland area.

I felt threatened by that remark....  do we have a safe space here where I can go hide while I shudder for the next 43 minutes?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dtel said:

No that would only be in California and North up to the Seattle/Portland area. :lol:

We're proud of that!  Volume has been increasing of late; we expect a large crest factor in November.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

That would be a haul for ya but Martin said it's beautiful country there.   I don't know about her "appreciating good music & speakers" though!  I'd never listen to her stuff...  Ummm, no thanks!  lol  She just wants into my 40 feet of vinyl...  Ummm, NO!  Buy your own or cd you're junk...  I croak bury me in the LS and take good care of my vinyl or I'll be back to haunt you!  lol  They give you a delivery date on your LS?

If she goes into that field, she will be able to afford to shower you with audio gifts.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Emile said:

SO; when are you all seceding from the USA?

As you know, there is a group that wants to do that.   But their volume control turns to the Right (mostly).  We like classical and jazz, they like Muzak and bluegrass (actually bluegrass is a refreshing change of pace for some of us, as well).    

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have a pair of La Scala ii coming Tuesday also according to trucking company. Going to place them where the Heresy III sit for starters. My “room” lacks walls,  it is a loft area open on two sides. They have to pressurize a big space. 

Maybe a while before I can comment. But hope to get some playing time Wednesday. It is the 4th of July.

• Like 3

I have a pair of La Scala ii coming Tuesday also according to trucking company. Going to place them where the Heresy III sit for starters. My “room” lacks walls,  it is a loft area open on two sides. They have to pressurize a big space. 
  Maybe a while before I can comment. But hope to get some playing time Wednesday. It is the 4th of July.
Awesome so the 3rd of July must be international La Scala day [emoji4]

• Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, garyrc said:

We're proud of that!  Volume has been increasing of late; we expect a large crest factor in November.

As long as the crest is not from the ground or Yellowstone, being in the middle (almost) we call California the left coast Ny the right coast. The left cost does fit the name a little better, we can't call both the left coast.

Bluegrass, don't think there are many fans of that left, maby some old country people, I'm old but couldn't handle it, I tried. I like a little jazz, rock, blues and alot of reggae.  

• Like 3

Ok I am normal or is it just pre buyer's nerves?

I'm listening currently to Louis Hayes album serenade for Horace on the CW IIIs and I'm blown away by the dynamics this sounds amazing

Please tell me I am doing the right thing in buying the La Scala IIsd3a326ca22628cdcf5c9d278e48df36d.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

As long as you allow a couple of weeks to get the LSII located in just the right room locations, and realize that you may want to add a subwoofer (but not crossed over too high -- want to preserve the LSII attack and dynamics) you are doing the right thing.

• Like 1

Ok phew lol

As long as you allow a couple of weeks to get the LSII located in just the right room locations, and realize that you may want to add a subwoofer (but not crossed over too high -- want to preserve the LSII attack and dynamics) you are doing the right thing.

Your ear might have become acclimated to the more boomy and bloomy direct radiating 15" woofer of the Cornwall but in the end, despite not digging as low, you will fall in love with the more natural and much tighter folded horn of the LSii.

• Like 3