4th of July

TasDom

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall REMOTELY as many fireworks (private) as was going on in Texarkana last night "back in the day." Christmas through New Year was the main time, though we did get a few and hear a few at the 4th. Of course, things change and Halloween has certainly morphed unrecognizably from my day as well. 

Dave

• Like 1

I live out in the country here in the Piney Woods region of East Texas, but we could hear lots of fireworks going off until about 1am this morning. Sure glad we had a nice rain the day before; somewhat took the worry out of woods and pastures being set ablaze by dummies with explosives! 😂

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall REMOTELY as many fireworks (private) as was going on in Texarkana last night "back in the day." Christmas through New Year was the main time, though we did get a few and hear a few at the 4th. Of course, things change and Halloween has certainly morphed unrecognizably from my day as well. 

Dave

I didn't hear any either, but then again, I was passed out.

• Like 3

With Colorado being a tinderbox most firework shows were cancelled. We got a heck of a storm last night though and that was a pretty impressive display. Lol you know you are a audio geek when you hear thunder blast the house and think, "Huh, i wonder what hz that was..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, twk123 said:

With Colorado being a tinderbox most firework shows were cancelled

Heck, fireworks are illegal inside the city limits, period. But clearly neither the police or the people pay any attention to that. I could have easily triangulated where they were coming from as I am sure the police could have. Doesn't bother me any, regardless. Had enough nanny state. 

The public display Saturday night at the Four States Fairgrounds reportedly drew 30 thousand or more. 

Dave

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sounded like war here also, rednecks and fireworks seem to go together, normally you just hear people shooting guns. Now the only thing worse is when Stennis Space Center test rocket engines, it's about 20 miles but will rattle windows. Rednecks and rocket engines, that's just crazy.  

It all drives the dogs crazy, they bark thinking someone is hear but will not go outside because they are scared of the sound.

7 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Heck, fireworks are illegal inside the city limits, period. But clearly neither the police or the people pay any attention to that. I could have easily triangulated where they were coming from as I am sure the police could have. Doesn't bother me any, regardless. Had enough nanny state. 

The public display Saturday night at the Four States Fairgrounds reportedly drew 30 thousand or more. 

Dave

Several severely dry  areas had LED illuminated drone displays.  They send a bunch of them up in the air and a computer controls the whole display.

• Like 1