Vintage Telefunken Stereo Console

Emile

18 minutes ago, Emile said:

IMG_2156.JPG

Just in case you have "no clue" ... these crossovers came from RF-3's ... bi-amped.  So; took the connector plate off, cut the metal connectors and just "shorted" them with speaker wire :D Haha ... don't need "bi-amped" speakers in this cabinet :D Think my soldering job is "not too bad." :) 

• Like 2

OK; got the woofers and horns into this cabinet :)  Connected the xovers ... Awesome sound from (2) RF-3 woofers, (2) SB-3 woofers and (2) RF-3 horns.  Can hear it all the way to the dock ... haha; about 50 yards.  Thanks to @teaman for rescuing me from a "bad" forum buy and getting me some good speakers. Sound is much better than I expected ... woofers are dampened by the enclosure ... but doesn't really resemble a "ported box." See pics :D 

Left side JVC receiver/ Oppo dvd player is temporary. Still have to "finish this side of the cabinet.  Got my (100% perfect :( ) Yamaha CR-820 for this off FleaBay ... Nah; low level rumble on speakers; plus it "cuts outs" every couple of minutes; plus "loud" transients every once in a while :( Hope it's not going to cost me $300 to get it fixed :( 

Also have to "chop up" the Marantz 6100 turntable ... 2mm too wide :( 

Next; have to clean up the mess I made before the wife gets home in a couple of days :D 

Cheers, Emile

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

OK; just played Santana "Supernatural" on it ... JEEZ ... very impressed :D  Trying Chuck Mangione "Feel's So Good" now.  Final test with Beethoven's Fifth is next :) 

Just unbelievable how good these speakers sound even if not in the "correct" box :D Go Klipsch Go :D 

• Like 3

That is great news that everything is coming together Emile, happy the speakers worked for you!

I have a very nice Panasonic SA-HE200 receiver sitting idle Emile if you are interested. 130 wpc x 6 @6ohms. or strong 100 wpc x 2 in stereo with plenty of stereo power to push those speakers. I actually had it set up a few years back to replace my Yamaha RX-V2700 and was pushing six Klipsch B-3 speakers with it. The Panasonic sounded much better than the Yamaha IMO, Mosfet driven with low %THD. Pretty sure I still have the remote around in a drawer as well. 

Needs nothing, looks great and works great, here are the specs if you are at all interested. Mine is black with a chrome band in front. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-DRrsoIkK5VU/p_133SAHE2HS/Panasonic-SA-HE200-Silver.html

Tim

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, teaman said:

I have a very nice Panasonic SA-HE200 receiver sitting idle Emile if you are interested.

Haha ... thanks :D  Let me take my FleaBay Yamaha CR-820 to my vintage tech first and see what he says :D If the news is "bad," I'll take it :D 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little progress, but ... found a Marantz 2226B (29W/ch) on Craigslist.  Sounded good at the sellers place ... but looked "bad" and speaker "A" is "always on" (connector rod broken).  OK; $100 - not enough to worry about :)  (Yes; the guy found it on a street corner; told him I was going to use it with Klipsch speaker ... he had never heard of that brand ... real audiophile :D Got it home, took it apart and tried to clean up the face plate.  Tried soap and water, toothpaste, steel wool and even #800 sandpaper.  Darn; still the same :(  Maybe I'll try again next month :D 

Well; sounds awesome and looks decent in the pic ... don't look too close :D 

IMG_2161.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/12/2018 at 8:49 PM, Emile said:

I have a very nice Panasonic SA-HE200 receiver sitting idle Emile if you are interested.

Teaman, thanks again.  The Yamaha CR-820 "blew" the 2nd/3rd time I fired it up so I send it back to the seller.  Amazingly, I got my money back (and the seller even paid for return shipping :) ) So; found a Marantz 2226B (see above) for nothing (OK, $100) and just had to try it :D  For a "trash" piece it sound pretty good ... maybe I got lucky once haha. Love the looks and the sound of these 1977-79 (?) Marantz receivers.

Cheers, Emile  

• Like 1