La Scala near Richmond, VA $1,100 asking

Oicu812

I put them in the Heritage Prices Spreadsheet as condition C "average."  The seller lists them as having a vinyl finish which looks very reddish to me, and inside the dog house is a faded black.  With no other information, no sn, no year, I'm not sure I would go above $800 for them.

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

That is average?  Are you serious?

I rate speakers like a report card, ABCDF.  There are no A's with very little exception, B has a good cab, clean finish.  These are C or D.

Obviously it's hard to tell from two poor pictures, no sn and no year.  I'm genuinely interested in your opinion, what is your assessment?

I forgot to answer your question, sorry about that!  Yes I'm serious.  B)

27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I put them in the Heritage Prices Spreadsheet as condition C "average."  The seller lists them as having a vinyl finish which looks very reddish to me, and inside the dog house is a faded black.  With no other information, no sn, no year, I'm not sure I would go above $800 for them.

The "reddish" look - being vinyl - would be unusual even as drawer liner paper which comes in financially viable roll's... along with only 2 pictures and a brief description, lead's me to believe and wonder why E has been left off all report card's since the beginning of our modern school system of grading....

37 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

That is average?  Are you serious?

I question the pricing sometimes because it does not go along with what I personally pay and sell for. This is for the Middle Tennessee area. I fix my stuff up though  but still I have people drive four and five hundred miles to buy at higher prices than are  on that list.

These have been listed before same guy same pictures and never sell.

• Like 1

Yeah these are C- or D, in my opinion.  There's more going on here than a first glance will get ya....  Like this:

image.png.ebfec5ff8bd34beee438890c89205ec2.png

What I believe are fixes to the front (though I could be wrong) and de-lamination on the side.  A different piece of damage on the other speaker on the lower right just above the boot, and tape on this speaker on the left - holding something on?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I'd put them squarely in the D camp....

Ah, thanks.  I could easily go along with that.  I have the LS's grouped by A&B, then a separate row for CDF, so in terms of the number crunching it would come out the same either way.

Yeah these are C- or D, in my opinion.  There's more going on here than a first glance will get ya....  Like this:

What I believe are fixes to the front (though I could be wrong) and de-lamination on the side.  A different piece of damage on the other speaker on the lower right just above the boot, and tape on this speaker on the left - holding something on?

I didn't look at them as closely as you did.  If there is de-lamination going on that drops them to D or F, although I usually reserve a condition of F for speakers which have multiple bad drivers or drivers replaced with who-knows-what, mold, or have been set on fire. 

I guess having rat's remains in the bass bin qualifies for F too, right @Youthman:lol:

• Like 1