JohnJ

Saw these guys on tv about a decade ago... they are still the best thing to hit that southern/country rock niche in a long time.

Wish I could say it was true for me, I'll live though!

PXL-20230421-183426690.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great band and a great song... feel more like "Sammy" lately

Been given notice twice now by doctors, threatened with my demise numerous times...

Gave me 8 years with the new filter... it's been 22!

Six to ten with the skin cancer that travels through my nervous system... over ten now!

Billy knows!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

that´s my all time fav from Billy

Good version!

If you're not 40 yet give that "The Stranger" a listen.

If you never heard it growing up you will easily see how it was a best seller for so long!

* Same goes for that Queen LP above!

Edited by JohnJ
* spreading the "News"
  • Like 2

Put a disc in the other day, and the sound quality just dropped. I mean the SPL plus the tone of the instruments and their separation when I kicked back into the sweet spot that I readjusted to 1/3 across the room instead of the loveseat at the other side. One push of the office chair usually gets it there!

Discogs to the rescue! Oh the insulting cd? A mainstay in everybody's collection that had a collection in the mid to late 70s. (if you are a rocker) My old High Bias Cassette of this one sounded better than what I'd had for a couple years. It was a music club edition... one that did that thing with sending you quarters glued to a card decades ago:rolleyes:

This one's a massive improvement, and under $20 shipped!

PXL-20230427-011458176.jpg

• Like 3

Learned something today. If your android is making your bp go up? Do not wipe it without turning off that d*mn#d 2-step verification. It won't let me back on project fi or log into g to turn that crap off because their phone is the only thing that does that fn two step! Got to wait 24 hrs.. and yep maybe I'm addicted to that pocket-laptop, that's the other thing I learned.

Mailman was good to me today but I won't listen to all five tonight!

Johnny's up now!

PXL-20230427-211650514.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 9:24 PM, JohnJ said:

Put a disc in the other day, and the sound quality just dropped. I mean the SPL plus the tone of the instruments and their separation when I kicked back into the sweet spot that I readjusted to 1/3 across the room instead of the loveseat at the other side. One push of the office chair usually gets it there!

Discogs to the rescue! Oh the insulting cd? A mainstay in everybody's collection that had a collection in the mid to late 70s. (if you are a rocker) My old High Bias Cassette of this one sounded better than what I'd had for a couple years. It was a music club edition... one that did that thing with sending you quarters glued to a card decades ago:rolleyes:

This one's a massive improvement, and under $20 shipped!

PXL-20230427-011458176.jpg

On the scene a priest appears Sinners falling at his knees Satan sends out funeral pyre Casts the priest into the fire It's the place for all bad sinners. Watch them eating dead rats' innards I guess it's the same, where ever you may go Oh lord yeah

https://www.letssingit.com/black-sabbath-lyrics-walpurgis-original-version-of-war-pigs-5w8gmp9
LetsSingIt - The Internet Lyrics Database

• Thanks 2